Tags:
None
Jan 13, 2004
969 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
Drthorne wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 12:40 pm
I've read a few reviews on the Dewalt and it has quality issues. I would get the ridgid for the larger work surface compared to the Dewalt
I'm not a carpenter but I love working with wood as a hobby and I use this saw all the time. Not one issue, I love this beast. It's a great saw.
Oct 3, 2005
427 posts
17 upvotes
a while ago, the ridgid was on special buy with stand for $499
Mar 4, 2006
483 posts
31 upvotes
sxtra wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 11:36 am
I'm looking for mitre saw too, it looks DeWalt DW718 12" sliding saw is on sale everywhere, having this $50 off, it comes $400. how does this compare to the ridgid?
Picked one of these up a couple years ago with air miles at Rona. It's been perfect and i have used it on many projects and not a problem. It's heavy but other than that I agree with the reviews on the net. This saw is great.
May 15, 2011
347 posts
238 upvotes
The other great thing about the Dewalt 12" is that there are special accessories one can order for it for doing crown, etc. Together with the stand, one can pretty much do almost anything with it. Really, the saw of choice for most trades if they can afford it.
1) Acer 8942G Heavily modded 18.4" 1080p, i7 840QM, 8GB ram, 2x2TB 7200rpm WD ATI 5650 w/1GB ddr3, Bl Ray, Express 54, FW, Esat, HDMI, 4xUSB, Dl boot Win7Pro & Linux
2) Acer 3820TG 13.3" WXGA, i5-430M @ 2.27GHz, ATI 5470 w/512mb ddr3
Feb 10, 2007
855 posts
351 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Woohoo, that is what I need to buy the Ridgid table saw!
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14209 posts
961 upvotes
Thornhill
sxtra wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 11:36 am
I'm looking for mitre saw too, it looks DeWalt DW718 12" sliding saw is on sale everywhere, having this $50 off, it comes $400. how does this compare to the ridgid?

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt- ... saw/931443
As far as I know, the dw718 is reg $500ish and $450ish until tomorrow (black Friday deal).

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
Conquistador wrote:
Jul 1st, 2016 1:07 pm
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :facepalm:
RFD discounts for Schluter products/
Jul 19, 2010
13 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
DonkeyKong wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 11:54 am
is there a cheap way to get $125 off a $599 tool with a filler item?
You'll find that on your receipt that they "split" the rebate among your purchases. For example, if you bought one item for $500 and another for $100, the $125 rebate would be shown on your receipt as a maximum return value to be $395.83 for the $500 item, and $79.17 for the $100 item. In other words, pick up that cheap vacuum for $20, return it next week & you still get to keep most of the rebate. I did this last year at the ultimate tool event, after I noticed the wording on my receipt.
Jan 18, 2004
348 posts
60 upvotes
The DW718 is the older model. It has been replaced with the DW780 which comes with the XPS light and a larger dust port as the one on the 718 was almost useless. For the money, if you're in the GTA, you're better off getting one from IHL in Concorde, On

http://www.ihlcanada.com/MITERSAWDWS780.html

May be possible to price match with HD as IHL has a retail location in Concorde.

FWIW, I ordered the Bosch 5312 off Amazon (got the last one). for $499 - $20 plus 22X airmiles through airmilesshops.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-5312-12-Inch ... f_gw_p_t_1

The reviews indicated less than smooth sliding action (which was fixable) and I liked the fact that all the controls are up front.

Either will be better than the Ridgid
Sep 19, 2012
158 posts
20 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thinking of getting one of the RYOBI drill/driver combos. The 18V ($119) is cheaper than the 12V ($129) set although it doesn't seem to come with the 25 piece bit set (but it does come with driver bits). The local HD was OOS when i went there the other day for the 18V set. They had plenty of the 12V set. Is 18V much better than 12V? (for the casual user)
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14209 posts
961 upvotes
Thornhill
damnbiker wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 7:49 pm
May be possible to price match with HD as IHL has a retail location in Concorde.
I'm trying to get either the DW718 or DWS780 with a stand. Some locations are still offering the DWS780 and 10" models with a free stand (Googled it and it seems the promo ended in October).

My ideal situation would be to get the DWS780 at IHL for $499 with a stand, but the promo isn't a DeWalt promo so IHL isn't doing it (asked already).

Second would be to PM IHL at HD to get the pair for $499, but I've been denied at HD trying to do this type of thing before (codes don't match etc), and I don't have a physical flyer any more for PM.

Third would be just to buy the pair at IHL for $499 + $150.

I think I'll just wait though, unless #2 happens. I guess I could drive to IHL to pick up a flyer and try PMing anyway, but I have little faith for that.

Maybe there'll be a huge sale over the holidays.

bjl

edit: please post if you're able to do it - I'll drive half-way across the country to get this deal :)

edit: Mind you, I have PM'ed at HD before, but the items needed to be completely identical. Reasons for getting my PMs denied:
TERMS: This Price Guarantee applies to identical In-Stock items at The Home Depot retail location you visit. No Special Orders (with the exception of Special Order appliances only) or rain checks. This guarantee does not apply to competitor online prices or offers. Applies to everyday and sale pricing. The Home Depot reserves the right to verify the price and availability of the product at the local competitor location before honouring this offer. Price confirmation from a competitor must be presented to The Home Depot during the effective dates of the competitor's flyer. This Price Guarantee excludes typographical or other errors, free offers, gifts with purchase, gift cards, gift certificates, rebates, clearance or close-out prices, credit or financing programs, used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, bid pricing, volume discounts, Special Orders (other than appliances), sales tax, online purchases, delivery or assembly services, labour, installation, and products and services furnished by our Installation Services. Discount applied before taxes and environmental stewardship fees or other levies, if applicable. We reserve the right to limit quantities to an amount reasonable for a residential homeowner. This Price Guarantee cannot be combined with any other offer.
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
Conquistador wrote:
Jul 1st, 2016 1:07 pm
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :facepalm:
RFD discounts for Schluter products/
Oct 3, 2005
427 posts
17 upvotes
can I use the ridgid table saw table, with the Dewalt Mitre saw? are the stands interchangeable?

I need both a table saw and a Mitre saw, whats the best bang for my buck? I will be doing crown molding as well as doing my basement, and other cuts.
Jan 8, 2011
522 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
damnbiker wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 7:49 pm
The DW718 is the older model. It has been replaced with the DW780 which comes with the XPS light and a larger dust port as the one on the 718 was almost useless. For the money, if you're in the GTA, you're better off getting one from IHL in Concorde, On
Agree the dust port on the 718 is poor..

That said, you have to vac up some dust regardless, might as well pick up the Ridgid Vac that is on special buy at the same time. If you are looking to get the best discount at the tool event the Ridgid Vac might even push you into the next tier..
× < >