Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] HD Webcams on Sale Canadacomputers Price Match Opportunity Logitech C920 $84.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2013 5:05 am
Tags:
None
Oct 12, 2003
503 posts
65 upvotes
Moose Jaw

[Canada Computers] HD Webcams on Sale Canadacomputers Price Match Opportunity Logitech C920 $84.99

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=051472

No stock online at memory express but maybe the MS Lifecam is ok for you as it's also on sale.

I have family in Winnipeg so I did in store pick up on the C920. Before that was going to get the Lifecam HD but checked out reviews and while both are great, the C920 got better reviews so I went with it.

Sale ends today though so act fast.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=45

Maybe memory express is out of stock online because someone else found this deal and didn't share.

My total for Manitoba pricing with Manitoba PST was $78.81 so not bad for a camera that normally sells for $119.99 plus tax and shipping or whatever the case may be in your situation.

Price is up $5 but still a reasonable price.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1096 posts
76 upvotes
Tempting, but the US price still 10-15$ lower (like amazon.com). Ill wait a bit ;)
Feb 1, 2013
133 posts
18 upvotes
Got bestbuy to price match as It was showing in stock still, been after one of these for a while, Thanks a lot !
[OP]
Oct 12, 2003
503 posts
65 upvotes
Moose Jaw
Psycho77 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 8:03 pm
Tempting, but the US price still 10-15$ lower (like amazon.com). Ill wait a bit ;)
Does amazon.com deliver to Canada now? All I can ever get from .com are blu ray movies and music no video games and nothing else really
Sep 6, 2011
189 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
TedEdFred wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 7:06 pm
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=051472

No stock online at memory express but maybe the MS Lifecam is ok for you as it's also on sale.

I have family in Winnipeg so I did in store pick up on the C920. Before that was going to get the Lifecam HD but checked out reviews and while both are great, the C920 got better reviews so I went with it.

Sale ends today though so act fast.

Maybe memory express is out of stock online because someone else found this deal and didn't share.

My total for Manitoba pricing with Manitoba PST was $78.81 so not bad for a camera that normally sells for $119.99 plus tax and shipping or whatever the case may be in your situation.
Thanks. I pm'ed w/ BestBuy as well, they did not give me the 10% of the price difference but it's ok. I've been eyeing on this for a while.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1136 upvotes
Mississauga East
What is special about this webcam?
Does it have hardware h.264 encoding?
Dec 25, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
TedEdFred wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 9:36 pm
Does amazon.com deliver to Canada now?
Yes and no - some things can be shipped, and other things can't. I've never really figured out the pattern as to what they allow - even within the same company brand, they'll ship one product, but not another. The c920 is deliverable, comes out to $89 USD for me. (includes shipping/duty/taxes)

One thing that's cool about Amazon.com - I've found that I'll sometimes get some/all of the import fees back about 6-8 weeks after I placed the order.
Sep 6, 2011
189 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
zz000ter wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 10:52 pm

The quality of the webcam is the main reason.
Yes, it does have H.264 encoding.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2003
503 posts
65 upvotes
Moose Jaw
I have become addicted to basically finding items and price matching them against Memory Express. I buy items that I need now or may need in the future at prices that are more wallet friendly than they would be at the last minute or when the need arises. I did some research and it was between the Logitech C920 or the MS Lifecam Studio whatever it is and the Logitech C920 had better sound and video but not as flexible design. I'm fortunate right now that my family and most of the people I love and care about all live within 4 hours driving distance but that may not always be the case. If that time ever comes up, I'll have the best web cam available to use for Skype or MSN Messenger to stay in touch with them and see them. I think with either web cam, at a cost that's well below regular price that it is/was a great deal.
Nov 27, 2009
772 posts
232 upvotes
zz000ter wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 10:52 pm
Superb hardware and building quality but sub-par software support. All I want is to show time and date on my recorded videos, but I can't do it. I've dropped mine a few time from a decent height (~1.5m). It still works fine.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20181 posts
1465 upvotes
TedEdFred wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2013 12:51 am
I have become addicted to basically finding items and price matching them against Memory Express. I buy items that I need now or may need in the future at prices that are more wallet friendly than they would be at the last minute or when the need arises. I did some research and it was between the Logitech C920 or the MS Lifecam Studio whatever it is and the Logitech C920 had better sound and video but not as flexible design. I'm fortunate right now that my family and most of the people I love and care about all live within 4 hours driving distance but that may not always be the case. If that time ever comes up, I'll have the best web cam available to use for Skype or MSN Messenger to stay in touch with them and see them. I think with either web cam, at a cost that's well below regular price that it is/was a great deal.
This sounds like a horrible long-term strategy.
Feb 4, 2011
27 posts
7 upvotes
Kasakato wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2013 1:40 am
This sounds like a horrible long-term strategy.
Not really... I did the same but with cheaper cameras. :P

I'm in dire need of a good one now since I videocall everyday but unfortunately my upload speed is not up to par.
× < >