None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6030 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa

he detergent for babies?

does it exsist (googling has turned up nothing!)
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6243 posts
93 upvotes
I don't think so. Just use the regular HE stuff, I think that the "for baby" is just a big marketing trick allowing them to sell the same soap for a 20% premium.

Otherwise, just use "Zero" in your washing machine, it's not HE but if you only use it once in a while it should be fine.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6565 posts
244 upvotes
We use Ivory (non-HE, apparently there is an HE version in the states), and only use about 1/3 of the normal amount. It works fine.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6421 posts
337 upvotes
GT'eh
For more info on HE detergent vs regular refer to this thread:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=467695

I doubt you'd find much detergents specially formulated for babies. And i'd also avoid certain products that say specially formulated for babies, since they're most likley over priced? Also how do they they test "babies stuff" and on whose babies are they testing it? What parent would subject their babies to this type of testing? Also its probably illegal to test on babies.

HE detergent is mild concentrated low sudising detergent. Not sure how much milder they can make it.

Good luck in your search.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2478 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa
Neovingian wrote:
Aug 20th, 2007 1:46 pm
For more info on HE detergent vs regular refer to this thread:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=467695

I doubt you'd find much detergents specially formulated for babies. And i'd also avoid certain products that say specially formulated for babies, since they're most likley over priced? Also how do they they test "babies stuff" and on whose babies are they testing it? What parent would subject their babies to this type of testing? Also its probably illegal to test on babies.

HE detergent is mild concentrated low sudising detergent. Not sure how much milder they can make it.

Good luck in your search.
Ivory snow works very well for babies. It is more expensive but well worth it. Soap irratating skin is a very real problem and Ivory soaps are great for using on sensitive skin and babies do have sensitive skin. I'm pretty sure Ivory has all the testing worked out! ;)
"Sometimes I dig the dirty yet sweet oriental pong of this frag, but I wonder if it really makes sense to smell like I've hidden spice bags in all of my pockets?" ~basenotes.net
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
188 upvotes
Is there a she detergent?? :D :D
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Jun 26, 2006
16 posts
In lieu of the more expensive Ivory Snow, Sunlight is a gentle detergent for use on baby clothes as well.
Nov 27, 2006
441 posts
92 upvotes
purex free and clear exists I think for HE and there is Tide Free or I use Melalueca stuff
May 16, 2007
47 posts
1 upvote
Markham
Guys,

Did any of you try the Ecos detergent from Costco?

Apparently is much gentler than other detergents...
Dec 25, 2002
645 posts
206 upvotes
botmi wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 10:19 pm
Guys,

Did any of you try the Ecos detergent from Costco?

Apparently is much gentler than other detergents...

We use Ecos and love it.

We have an HE machine, and use this soap for our whole family (including our 6 month old) He has very sensitive skin and has no issues with this detergent. I love the smell, I love the fact that it has less of the junk that is in traditional detergents, I love the cleaning power and it's safe for HE machines. I'd highly recommend trying Ecos.

Kelly
Aug 11, 2005
233 posts
3 upvotes
We have been using NATURE CLEAN for years now... it is unscented; completely safe for babies; made from ALL natural ingredients that are ALL listed on the bottle; safe for HE machines AND it is made in Canada (Toronto).

If you want a scent -- add a few drops of your favourite essential oil (e.g. Lavender)... then you will know exactly what is on your clothes! (especially if your lo's like to chew on fabric!)