Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Head-Direct] HiFiMan RE-0 49.99 (from 79.99) RE-ZERO 59.99 (from 99.99) + $10 ship

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2013 12:19 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2012
156 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond Hill
stussy2k wrote: is it true that the RE Zero's will only have 1 ear of output without the special cable?
Converter cable is included.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3376 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
price_match84 wrote: God damnnnn RFD!! This is like my 3rd pair of IEMs
chinesedevil wrote: 3rd only? Go visit head-fi and get some more! :lol:
Don't go to head-fi.. or you will end up with a collection of IEMs... I just bit the bullet again on a new pair :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1008 posts
403 upvotes
RE-0s are one of the best pair of headphones I paid full and a high price for. Very durable, but I would not recommend for sports. Instead, get the ones that wrap around your ear.

A lot of detail and neutrality, perfect for Classical and Jazz. However, there is very little on the bass side, so I would recommend getting an amp like the Fiio E5. The tradeoff is that some of the clarity, may get mushy as a side effect from using the amp. If your mp3 player has ample output, then that itself may be enough not to warrant an amp. I use a Cowon S9 myself which is enough for the music I listen to. For all those out there who know a thing or two about headsets, the way they got to getting the clarity is the high resistance, which also limited the real output coming out from these IEMs.

Mine are still working, but I'm considering to buy a pair. And Head-Fi is definitely a source I'd recommend you to look at as your other RFDers have mentioned. They certainly know their stuff!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Reviews are making me think this is a better deal than klipsch S4 for 40$ taxes and post PM. 20$ more but way more balanced.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
windforcexx28 wrote: Don't go to head-fi.. or you will end up with a collection of IEMs... I just bit the bullet again on a new pair :facepalm:
I can attest to this statement. Went from my $100 sony mp3 player with cheap $10 earbuds to $1000 DAC and Amp with $400+ headphones and ciems. -_-''
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3376 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Corel wrote: Reviews are making me think this is a better deal than klipsch S4 for 40$ taxes and post PM. 20$ more but way more balanced.
I've read mixed reviews on the S4i.. some people claim it to be really good, while other said that there are better options at the sub-$100 range. If you're willing to shelf out another $20 or so, the RE0s is definitely a better buy.

Note that at $40, the klipsch S4 is a good deal!.. but there are alternatives out there that may or may not be better based on your music/listening preferences. The RE0 has a more neutral sound signature (more analytical), so if you're a bass-head, then the RE0 is not a good buy.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Head-Direct is usually good in terms of service from what I've read - but I just received my package, it's registered, label on package indicates quantity of 2, but there was only 1 pair included.

Let's see how this is handled...
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3140 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto
How do these compare to the Shure SE-215? It probably wouldn't be considered an upgrade coming from the SE-215 right?
Apr 4, 2004
248 posts
8 upvotes
ak-47 wrote: How do these compare to the Shure SE-215? It probably wouldn't be considered an upgrade coming from the SE-215 right?
massive upgrade
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2466 posts
3625 upvotes
Quebec
How would these compare to the Vsonic GR06?
Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op! ordered one... but haven't received any confirmation emails from either head-direct or paypal. Order is still listed as 'Waiting for shipping'. I should get my tracking info when it ships right?
Aug 8, 2009
668 posts
68 upvotes
I got RE-0s a few years ago and they are still going strong. Tempted to get another pair/a pair of the ZEROs for when mine craps out.

Great performance to price ratio.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
Am I the only one that does not like the RE0's? I got it because of the the rave reviews from head-fi, but the bass is extremely lacking; you need to use an EQ to boost the bass. The mids and highs are very clear though.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1161 posts
218 upvotes
djray wrote: Am I the only one that does not like the RE0's? I got it because of the the rave reviews from head-fi, but the bass is extremely lacking; you need to use an EQ to boost the bass. The mids and highs are very clear though.
I got one from couple years ago for $79, which was a great deal at the time ( I believe they started at $199 price point)
I listen to mainly hiphop and found the base lacking for my taste on the other hand,
My wife listens to lots of acoustic and indie music and she LOVES LOVES them.

They are soo freaking clear its scary at this price point.
Jul 18, 2011
3 posts
11 upvotes
Looks like the RE-ZEROs are out of stock. BTW, I received my pair of zeros approximately 10 business days. No tracking info for usps which sucks though
Sep 30, 2006
380 posts
138 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP, wanted RE-0 for years... definitely a great deal... I was tempted to get them at $79 before, but this just is a no brainer for me..
Dec 3, 2004
195 posts
11 upvotes
Burnaby
Has not left Illinois sorting facility since entering the USPS system on Nov 9. So that's 8 business days. Wondering what's appropriate if its delayed longer than business 10 days.
▓▒▓▒▓█▓██▄▀▄▀ HEAT▀▄▀▄██▓█▓▒▓▒▓
Jul 28, 2009
114 posts
2 upvotes
I ordered the re-0 & re-zero and they are shipping with DHL. I checked my tracking details and my order is being processed at SHANGHAI - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC .... ?
Mechanical Keyboards: "The Hype Is Real!"
Jan 16, 2006
741 posts
98 upvotes
Just received my RE-Zero 20 minutes ago. Wow DHL shipping from China is fast, 2 days!
Shanghai -> Cincinnati -> Montreal? (it says east Quebec) -> Ottawa
Also, the tracking worked. Why can't canada post do tracking like DHL?