Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HeadphoneBar

25% off ONKYO DP-X1A $749.00 plus additional $40 off with code BIGSPENDER

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2017 5:03 pm
Sep 25, 2017
17 posts
80 upvotes
Victoria, BC

25% off ONKYO DP-X1A $749.00 plus additional $40 off with code BIGSPENDER

Deal Link:
Price:
$749.00
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
HeadphoneBar
Onkyo DP-X1A is a new for 2017 high quality portable music player, with dual L/R dacs and amps for better sound quality. Upgraded over the dpx1 with double the built in storage (64gb)and higher quality capacitors for improved sound quality.

The DP-X1A is android based, allowing you to use all popular streaming services and experience them through the DP-X1A's better sounding hardware. For your own music, it has 64gb of internal storage and two micro SD card slots, each compatible with up to 256gb cards, for a potential storage of 576gb. apt-x Bluetooth and wifi are built in, the software is quick with no lag, it has a big, bright 4.7" screen and an all metal shell. There is a nicely contoured area on the back panel around the volume control that makes it easier to operate the dial without looking. There is a very well featured EQ built-in, allowing you to tweak the sound with finite adjustments. 2gb of RAM for smooth graphics and lag free use.

With its processing power and dual dacs, you can upsample all music with Real-Time DSD Conversion to get the best sound quality possible from all of your files.

(Re battery life - it varies, but we played 16 bit/44 files at 35% volume, with balanced earphones and got over 14 hours - good for a high performance player)

From Onkyo: The DP-X1A has two amps and two digital/analog convertors which allow for extreme power and signal control. The double ESS Sabre ES9018K2M DACs and double ESS Sabre 9601K amps make balanced output possible via 2.5 mm output. Power gains and increased sound separation associated with balanced output are repurposed to create increased stability for a clean signal and greater sound clarity, especially compared to unbalanced drive

Dual SABRE DACs & Amps Standard Balanced and Active Control Ground (ACG) Modes 2.5mm 4-Pole (for balanced output) and 3.5mm 3-Pole Output

Physical Buttons for Quick Music Control
Support for up to 576GB of Storage
Support for MQA
Based on Android™ 5.1.1 OS with Access to Google Play™
Built in storage : 64 GB Optional storage: up to 512GB via micro SD cards
Balanced Output: 150 mW + 150 mW (Balanced / 1kHz, THD=1%, 32ω) THD: Less than 0.006% S/N Ratio: 115dB over Frequency Response: 20Hz - 80,000Hz
Battery Life: - max up to 16 hours (unbalanced playback, 24bit/96kHz)
1 year warranty, Onkyo North America
Images
  • dpx1__67112.1474563100.1280.1280_800x.jpg
Last edited by tkhoyt on Oct 3rd, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2324 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have DP-X1 it's great but I prefer SONY WM1A more :)
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Is this like High Resolution music player?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
These products aren't for your average consumer using iPods or skullcandies. Would need some decent headphones to really make them sing.

That being said I did consider this and probably would pull the trigger had I not got my hands on the Opus The Bit which has been compared to be in the same level as the ak240.