• Jul 12th, 2018 11:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 4, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga

Headphones

Right now I'm looking to get a decent pair of wireless (with wired option) over-ear headphones. My budget is around $50. I know if I paid more than this, I could get better ones, but for the time being, I'm ok settling for a cheaper version, despite hearing good things on ones costing in the triple digits.

Anyone have any kind of suggestions? The ones I'm looking at right now are these 2:
https://www.amazon.ca/Bluedio-Turbine-W ... headphones

https://www.amazon.ca/Jpodream-Bluetoot ... 4&sr=1-113

Both have long battery life(35-40 hours), short charge times(about 1.5-2 hours), the option to use bluetooth or wired connection, cost under $40, and have gotten great reviews. I'm torn between those 2, but I'm not sure if there's anything better for around the same price, or if I am sticking with deciding between these 2, which one I should choose. And also, since I'm on this site, should I just get headphones ASAP, or might there be a time in the near future where prices drop on these and/or better and more expensive headphones(to a price range under $50)
7 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16279 posts
1393 upvotes
Space for rent
Those are serviceable then again so are same price bracket named brands.

Audio products in that range are pretty on par imo. While I wouldn't go as far as to say dollar store speakers are serviceable they do serve a purpose. I've tried those bluedio from a coworker and I can't really tell the difference from say a $100-150 pair of Sony's or Sennheiser especially given the music I tend to have on my player which s bass centric. The only complaint is comfort. If that's high on your list then I would get something a little more posh. The Plantronics first gen I have are excellent value for money.
Jan 13, 2017
160 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
You should be careful buying cheap bluetooth headphones. They will show problems after a short time. Once again you get what you pay for. And for $50, it's hard to find decent ones brand new.

There are some good deals on Canuck Audio Mart, if you don't mind buying used.
Canuck Audio Mart
Last edited by vicktnguyen on Jul 12th, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2008
651 posts
203 upvotes
I have a pair of the Bluedio T2 , they are terrible (sound and comfort, cheap build, plastic headband extender feels like it will break any second)
[OP]
Jan 4, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:38 am
Those are serviceable then again so are same price bracket named brands.

Audio products in that range are pretty on par imo. While I wouldn't go as far as to say dollar store speakers are serviceable they do serve a purpose. I've tried those bluedio from a coworker and I can't really tell the difference from say a $100-150 pair of Sony's or Sennheiser especially given the music I tend to have on my player which s bass centric. The only complaint is comfort. If that's high on your list then I would get something a little more posh. The Plantronics first gen I have are excellent value for money.
lostintransit wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:02 am
I have a pair of the Bluedio T2 , they are terrible (sound and comfort, cheap build, plastic headband extender feels like it will break any second)
Right now all I have are a basic pair of earbuds that came with an old phone. Prior to that, I got wired headphones. A cheap make:
https://www.amazon.ca/Inland-87050-Dyna ... B000E5FQSC

So anything is an upgrade over what I have ever had. I'm looking at the 2 options in the op because they're affordable and got many great reviews. They also have Bluetooth options and a 3.5mm cable. In all past headphones I had, the only issue was that the wire would eventually damage (usually because it gets bent near the jack), so if these Bluetooth headphones have a replaceable cord, then that might solve my problem. I keep my stuff in good condition, so the durability should be fine. Im only using it for maybe 2 or so hours a day, and it won't be leaving my house.

Based on the past headphone I had, it was comfortable enough. Seeing how cheap it was, I'm sure a better pair would be more comfortable. So with all that in mind, would these $30+ headphones be alright? And should I just get it soon, or might there be a reason to wait a week or two, and see if these go on sale, or a better make drops to around this price?
Jan 13, 2017
160 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Put those products on fakespot.com, you'll see interesting results. From there you can make an informed decision if you would want then or not.
Jul 15, 2003
387 posts
130 upvotes
I have the bluedio ones, or at least a version of them. I think they have pretty great sound, and are mostly comfortable but after a couple of hours they get a bit uncomfortable
[OP]
Jan 4, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
SecretSauce wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:34 pm
I have the bluedio ones, or at least a version of them. I think they have pretty great sound, and are mostly comfortable but after a couple of hours they get a bit uncomfortable
I would imagine almost any headphones might get uncomfortable if wearing them for an extended period of time? I'm only planning on wearing it for maybe an hour or two a day, so I'm guessing I'd be fine?