Heads up about Star Wars Battlefront 2

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 12:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
I'd like to see the stat increases and stuff like that nuked or at least adjusted. Giving someone a "20% rate of fire increase" without any downside is just poor balance any way you slice it and letting people buy cards that give these sorts of bonuses is literal P2W. There should be a tradeoff with that stuff, +20% rate of fire then +20% damage taken, glass cannon style. New players shouldn't be at a significant disadvantage vs others either if you want a stable community for the game.

They said they will adjust the progression system too but gave no specifics. Supposedly Bob Iger from Disney himself got on the phone to the CEO of EA due all of the press calls about this stuff. Crazy.
Apr 4, 2009
604 posts
75 upvotes
There's no way EA listened to the people

Disney distancing themselves from EA and this PR nightmare would cost EA much more than these boycotts from the "vocal minority".

Disney recently backed away from Gazilion and Marvel Heroes mainly because of the allegations of Gazillion's current CEO and his history with women.
Jan 25, 2006
526 posts
24 upvotes
Nova Scotia
My Amazon pre order came in today. Sold it on Kijiji in 15 minutes for what I paid. Shame as I was kind of looking forward to checking it out. I'll wait until EA access has it.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10572 posts
3850 upvotes
Hey guys I pre-ordered this game for the PC from Amazon.ca and they sent me a promotional code today, but I have no idea what it's for. It says to redeem it on PSN for the PS4 or else for the Xbox. Do you guys have any idea what the code is for? I'm wondering if it has any use to me as a PC gamer, or if I can offer it to my friend who has a PS4.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1416 posts
389 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:06 pm
Hey guys I pre-ordered this game for the PC from Amazon.ca and they sent me a promotional code today, but I have no idea what it's for. It says to redeem it on PSN for the PS4 or else for the Xbox. Do you guys have any idea what the code is for? I'm wondering if it has any use to me as a PC gamer, or if I can offer it to my friend who has a PS4.
Should be for the last Jedi heroes to redeem on origin I assume.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
I had forgotten I had Star Wars Battlefront 2 pre-ordered but I received it from Amazon yesterday.
$56 after tax from the E3 2017 pre-order sale.

EB Games has a promo to get $70 store credit for it next Friday according to this RFD thread about double trade-in credit day:

ebgames-double-trade-credit-bf-2144167/

Or at the very least it will be $50 trade in credit from their other ongoing promo of trading in any select "big name"
new release game within two weeks of release.

Assuming you did the E3 pre-order you either get $70 credit (making a slight profit) or $50 credit minimum (taking a slight loss) for it.
Not bad if you only want to play it for a week or two before getting rid of it.

May 9, 2007
848 posts
224 upvotes
Ladies and Gentleman shit just got REAL!! I am so pumped! Lootboxes have just officially been declared illegal in Belgium and is pushing for the rest of europe to follow suit! Hawaii is also taking action and pushing for legislation across the US. The Government is about to bend EA over and slap them silly! This is being described as predatory and exploitative. What people don't get is that these companies are targeting young children that don't have fully developed brains and reasoning skills yet.

Watch this video @2::45 to listen to the US government and these aren't just men in suits. These people make a lot of sense!

Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1631 posts
712 upvotes
Hamilton
Bryson wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:44 pm
Ladies and Gentleman shit just got REAL!! I am so pumped! Lootboxes have just officially been declared illegal in Belgium and is pushing for the rest of europe to follow suit! Hawaii is also taking action and pushing for legislation across the US. The Government is about to bend EA over and slap them silly! This is being described as predatory and exploitative. What people don't get is that these companies are targeting young children that don't have fully developed brains and reasoning skills yet.

Watch this video @2::45 to listen to the US government and these aren't just men in suits. These people make a lot of sense!

I've always said that Belgium is the largest driver of video games sales. Maybe EA will wake up after their majority audience can't buy the lootboxes.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
I bet they're wishing they just did cosmetics now. Works fine for Overwatch which is raking in money. That's what is the real shame here, all of this was totally unnecessary. Just some suit saying "lets see how far we can push it". The game would be hugely profitable with simple cosmetics and no need to touch balance stuff or introduce this convoluted, scummy currency ladder stuff.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4974 posts
1778 upvotes
Finally got around to installing it. I tried to play an online, but couldn't find a match for 10 mins. I then gave up.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6813 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
They are basically screwed. They can't go back to seasons pass or dlc content as everything is available to unlock from credits.

With lower sales than expected, This could spell the end if this franchises they were looking to use these funds for prepping more free dlc content such a maps and new heroes.

Too bad as this game is visually stunning and the star fighter modes is top notch.

I don't see them bouncing back and being able to support this game with newer content.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
How low is low? i think I saw 60% lower last week but like TLJ isn't even out yet and there are tons of other games people are buying right now. When that movie comes out and the game gets a discount it's going to surge in sales probably
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
It's a really crowded release schedule right now and AC:O is apparently doing quite well so who knows.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3226 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
I played a few multiplayer matches, and it's ok. I like the fact that heroes, vehicles and more powerful units are now point-based unlocks per game instead of random tokens found on the battlefield. The space combat is actually also much better than in the first game, and my favourite part of this one. The objective matches are frustrating at times, and the levels seem to funnel people into bottlenecks. The unlock system is problematic too, because to unlock the next gun, you need to get X amount of kills with the current gun. IIRC, this is something you can't bypass by spending credits.

Also, just in time for me to trade in to EB tomorrow, I finished the campaign last night... meh. It's super short, which is a plus, but the story is pretty predictable except for the....

*SPOILERS* shoehorned romance that's kind of sprung on you right at the end *END SPOILERS*
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)