• Apr 30th, 2008 3:50 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2006
841 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario

Healthy Places to eat in Richmond Hill

So I just started a new job in Richmond Hill and most of the time I'm eating McDonalds, Mr. Sub, Taco Bell, KFC, etc for lunch. I work at the Leslie / 16th Avenue area, anyone know of any good healthy places to eat around there? Looking for a menu thats low in carbs / high in protein etc. Trying to avoid the grilled chickens and salads at the fast food places.
9 replies
Sep 13, 2004
102 posts
Toronto
There is at least one Japanese restaurant in the Chinese mall on Leslie, north of 16th. The restaurant across from the dvd store seems busy whenever I go to the mall, so it's probably decent even though I haven't been there myself. Japanese food ain't that high in protein by North American standards, but it's pretty healthy food.

There is a Vietnamese noodle place in the mall too.

If you venture south on Leslie towards Hwy 7, you'll hit Times Square. Mostly Chinese restaurants. Head east on Hwy 7 and you'll see a whole bunch of other restaurants on the south side. There's Hero Certified Burger, Lettieri, Bombey Bhel, Go for Tea (Taiwanese food), Booster Juice (not sure if it's still there ...). Hope that helps!!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
A little ways off but if you venture north on Bayview to Major Mac, there is a Malaysian/Thai restaurant called Restoran Malaysia (lots of good food there).

They have noodles, rice, rotis etc. Plenty of good food but a little pricier than your average fast food combo.

815 Major Mackenzie Drive East
Richmond Hill, Ontario
905-508-1432
http://www.restoranmalaysia.com/
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
2397 posts
575 upvotes
PM - VK3Q69
ShoppingMirry wrote: Chinese mall on Leslie, north of 16th.
I heard that mall is haunted :eek:
ShoppingMirry wrote: If you venture south on Leslie towards Hwy 7, you'll hit Times Square. Mostly Chinese restaurants. Head east on Hwy 7 and you'll see a whole bunch of other restaurants on the south side. There's Hero Certified Burger, Lettieri, Bombey Bhel, Go for Tea (Taiwanese food), Booster Juice (not sure if it's still there ...). Hope that helps!!
East of hwy 7/leslie (north side) theres the RH "entertainment district" - Boston Pizza, Moxies, KEG, Jack Asters etc.

(south side) theres Brinx and some other places...dont usually go south

West of leslie/hwy 7 is all the asian foods like stated above (Times Sq, Commerce Gate etd) Theres a place called Richmond Court - asian food pretty good prices and you get alot of food.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Sub can be healthy if you pick the right things too.
Jan 3, 2005
348 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Personally if you don't mind eating Chinese (there are few others, but mostly Chinese) there is a whole strip of restarunts in various plazas on Hwy 7 between Yonge and Hwy 404. There are a bit more further east Hwy 404 on Hwy 7 but it is less clustered than the west side.

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
i want a job in richmond hill ! !

checkout the stirfry place on hwy7 and woodbine...... its called something ICE
Mar 17, 2005
168 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
speeeeee wrote: i want a job in richmond hill ! !

checkout the stirfry place on hwy7 and woodbine...... its called something ICE
I think you mean FIRE and ICE. It is good. The early-bird special is great. I haven't eaten there in a while.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1299 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
not many healthy places in richmond hill yet unless you count all the sushi places. in the 7 and leslie area as many ppl said there are many restaurants, none really healthy depending on what you get.

jack astors i get the chicken fajitas (as long as you don't load it up with sour cream) sometimes i share 1 with my gf and get a small appetizer.

theres a new mr greeks in that area too if you just get the original chicken souvlaki with veggies and hold on the free bread.

swiss chalet is good too, i like the quarter chicken (white meat) with a baked potato

coras at either warden/7 or elgin/yonge. try to avoid the bacon obviously and go for a dish with more fresh fruits, however prepare to shell out at least $10 for a lunch (juice is like 3.99 so i skip that).

fire and ice is good too, but still the portions are too much for lunch for me.

i work at mac n 16, so i know the choices are limited, 99% of the time i either have a sub or sushi. those other places i go for dinner.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)