• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2017 11:01 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga

Heart Sushi on Hurontario burnt down

There was a huge fire at Heart Sushi this morning. I drove by around 730am when everything was blocked off.

https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/ ... ssissauga/

It says the fire started in the kitchen...
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
Someone experimenting with torched sushi?
Mar 29, 2010
110 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Oh no... I actually like this location better than the one at Heartland :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
The businesses attached to the building got burnt as well. I couldn't even go to McDonald's to get my coffee.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
The boys and I were planning to go to Naan Kebab (next door to Heart Sushi) tomorrow but I guess we can't even get into Naan Kebab either.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote: The boys and I were planning to go to Naan Kebab (next door to Heart Sushi) tomorrow but I guess we can't even get into Naan Kebab either.
I went to the plaza to buy my coffee this morning. Seeing the destruction in person is really sad. In the news photos doesn't show you how bad it really is.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
This thread is a good example of why a THANKS button is better than thumbs up / down.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
I can imagine the big conference call between several insurance companies trying to negotiate a settlement. This is going to get messy.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
I tried the Fairview mall Heart Sushi location for the first time yesterday.
Not a bad place. Food is good but $29.99 for a week day price is too high for what they offer.
I think it's because they're attached to the outside of a mall, where rent is high, so they have to charge a lot.

I wish a Heart Sushi could open up in Scarborough with a lower price. (around $26.99 or so)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Apr 2, 2011
619 posts
317 upvotes
The food at that location was not that great. The place going up in flames should be seen as a blessing in disguise.

It may bring about a new restaurant endeavour....
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
NKode wrote: The food at that location was not that great. The place going up in flames should be seen as a blessing in disguise.

It may bring about a new restaurant endeavour....
Compared to which other AYCE sushi place?
The food at the Fairview mall location was just okay...not worth the price demanded.
I've been to worse and I've been to better AYCE Japanese restauants.
(based on the Fairview mall location. I have not been to the Mississauga location)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
zhiccup wrote: Oh no... I actually like this location better than the one at Heartland :(
I like the Heartland one better. The food at this place isn't as good when I went. I don't think this location is busy anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: I like the Heartland one better. The food at this place isn't as good when I went. I don't think this location is busy anyway.
Good thing it burnt down? :twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
badOne wrote: Good thing it burnt down? :twisted:
The last place was also a sushi tepanyaki place and didn't do well neither. There are not alot of traffic there. The heartland one is more successful.