PC & Video Games

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PS4 Version ?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 11:00 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2239 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PS4 Version ?

Is there a physical version?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
No. Hellblade is a spiritual successor to Heavenly Sword but Ninja Theory stated they do not have the budget to pay to make and distribute a physical version.
If it is successful then maybe it will get a physical release later on like with other successful indie budget games.

Heavenly Sword was not profitable therefore it should not come as a surprise that Hellblade does not have the budget of a normal video game.

It has an 81 aggregate average right now.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... ice?ref=hp

I bought the digital version since that is the only form that is available. I will give it a go later today.
Aside from the quality of the facial motion capture, Heavenly Sword was really mediocre.

The PS4 Pro allegedly boosts the framerate to 60 frames per second:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... at-60-fps/
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14668 posts
1118 upvotes
Toronto
Playing pc version. $32? Hell yeah. Scary game so far.
May 9, 2007
848 posts
224 upvotes
I liked Heavenly Sword. Came out at a time where there weren't many female protagonists in videogames apart from Lara Croft I believe.

Just played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for about an hour. Very nice game. Doesn't seem very scary to me so far but definitely seems like the kind of game that will mess with your head which I like. That second puzzle will stump a lot of people. Either that or I'm just dense. It was highly recommended to play this game while wearing headphones, even says it when you load the game, which I am doing. Looking forward to playing some more.
Oct 16, 2007
453 posts
72 upvotes
I guess im a Ninja Theory fan. I didnt know they made Enslaved. Maybe the only game i bought and finished on both 360 and PC. Heavenly Sword was great too. I like them being an indie developer and taking a chance on this game and story etc. Download took long last night, only played to the 2nd door, with headphones.. Voices and intro was weird and interesting looking forward to seeing where this goes
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
Samus Aran (Metroid series), Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 1, 3), Tera & Celes (Final Fantasy 6)
pre-date Lara Croft as lead playable female protagonists in video games.

I do not like the lead character's design in Heavenly Sword or Hellblade. Both are rather forgettable and ordinary looking.

Bryson wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 7:57 pm
I liked Heavenly Sword. Came out at a time where there weren't many female protagonists in videogames apart from Lara Croft I believe.

May 9, 2007
848 posts
224 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:39 pm
Samus Aran (Metroid series), Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 1, 3), Tera & Celes (Final Fantasy 6)
pre-date Lara Croft as lead playable female protagonists in video games.

I do not like the lead character's design in Heavenly Sword or Hellblade. Both are rather forgettable and ordinary looking.
Samus Aran really lol? I bet most people don't even know she's a girl since she's wearing a helmet like 99% of the time. For all we know MasterChief could be a girl. :)

Is Senua any more ordinary and forgettable than Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn? Both look almost identical aside from Aloy being slightly more attractive and when I'm fighting through the gates of hell the last thing that's going through my mind is how attractive my character is.

I don't know man I love this game. It's hitting all of the right notes for me. Great graphics, fun combat, compelling story, immersive audio experience and interesting puzzle design.

You want to have your mind blown? Only 12 people made this game.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11209 posts
761 upvotes
craigdcan wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:24 am
Any more recent feedback on this game?
I marathoned it in one sitting when it came out. It's a relatively short game - about 4-5 hours. The graphics and environment design are top notch. It's probably the most immersive game I've ever played.