• Jan 17th, 2019 2:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1236 posts
261 upvotes

Help with banggood cancelling orders and forcing me to change shipping

Hi folks

I ordered some Yeelights pretty cheaply on banggood. Twice. The first time I ordered, they sent me an email a few days later saying, we can't ship using this method
you'll have to choose another shipping method and "we will demand payment from our customer". Their broken english is so painful. I cancelled that order after trying their terrible chat support.

Next I ordered the same item again to my US package service. AGAIN I get the same form email telling me to change shipping. I emailed back asking questions about what shipping service "air mail registered" would be, and they of course did not answer in their terrible english.

I don't want to tell them to change to "air mail registered" and have another horrible surprise a la the last time I got shipped something by UPS - a huge customs & "processing" bill.

F banggood, but they are the only ones that have a good deal on yeelights with a coupon.

Any suggestions?

thx
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3848 posts
3973 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You have only CanadaPost to blame on this one. Their strike back in December caused many Chinese sellers to refuse to sell to Canadians unless they were willing to pay for premium shipping.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1236 posts
261 upvotes
Except it's typical horrible chinese execution. IF that's even the case, banggood should remove the option for that product, they haven't.
And as you should know, volumes have been returned to _below normal_ since a long time already. (And as it says in the OP, I ordered to the USA as well and same thing happened.)

Anyways, I don't really care about the cause. What would help is if you could tell me what "Air Mail Registered" is and how likely I am to get burned if I select it.
Last edited by bluenote on Jan 17th, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
8969 posts
5456 upvotes
Edmonton
Nobody except the shipper is going to know what their statuses mean or what they're actually going to do or how likely different things are. If communication with them isn't satisfactory, you'll either have to accept that you might get burned, or find another source.

C
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10544 posts
9723 upvotes
Oakville
I order lots from banggood and haven't had a problem. Delivery times can be long but that's expected.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1236 posts
261 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:57 pm
I order lots from banggood and haven't had a problem. Delivery times can be long but that's expected.
It's particularly "Air Mail Registered" that I want to know about - I don't want to end up with a UPS guy demanding $50 for "processing" plus GST and exorbitant duties for whatever reason.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10544 posts
9723 upvotes
Oakville
bluenote wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:01 pm
It's particularly "Air Mail Registered" that I want to know about - I don't want to end up with a UPS guy demanding $50 for "processing" plus GST and exorbitant duties for whatever reason.
If you're worried, you could always have it addressed to some fake name, so you can just turn it away if you didn't want it. I usually keep my orders to under $50 and always under $100 and have never been charged duty from any chinese vendor.