• Apr 3rd, 2017 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 16, 2015
27 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
Thank you all so much for the advice, suggestions and sharing your experiences. We are having a professional come out to do a treatment and were looking forward to having a beg bug free home. Yes we agree that any insect is better than bed bugs. I will post our progress !
Aug 7, 2015
44 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I can feel your pain. We had been in the same situation few years ago. Fortunately we found someone on Kijiji offering effective treatment. The guy sprayed something in all rooms and furniture. That stuff had a strong smell, we were told to stay out of the home for more than 24 hours. Later we came back and put every clothing/ fabrics through drier. Thank God we were bug free in no time. He gave us 6 months guarantee because if there were still some eggs left. We didn't need another treatment. I will try to find that company's info for you.
Sep 19, 2013
567 posts
124 upvotes
Winnipeg
sounds scary. looking forward to what happens with OP's story.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1528 posts
575 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I think the saying that the only thing that will be left after a nuclear holocaust will be cockroaches should be updated to also include bed bugs!!! They are remarkably hardy little things.

When visiting Europe a few years ago, we rented a flat in Paris that turned out to have some bedbugs. Luckily, we were only there a few days and they didn't sneak into our luggage or clothes for us to bring home!

Looking forward to see how this turns out.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2015
27 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
Update:
So we had a Professional exterminator come out to our place 2 weeks ago . He did the treatment using powder and this clear spray all over the room, in all cracks ,baseboards ,wall corners and around beds and furniture. So far no signs of them and no more complaints from tenants about any bites ! :)
Aug 17, 2008
866 posts
255 upvotes
Fibretech101 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 4:00 pm
Update:
So we had a Professional exterminator come out to our place 2 weeks ago . He did the treatment using powder and this clear spray all over the room, in all cracks ,baseboards ,wall corners and around beds and furniture. So far no signs of them and no more complaints from tenants about any bites ! :)
Good to hear. How much did it cost for this treatment (in basement only?)

You might also want to do some research into precautions to take, and talk to your tenants about it as well. The bed bugs didn't come into your basement themselves; they were brought into your home, likely by one of the tenants. And neither you nor your tenants want to go through this again. I try to ensure that my family is very aware of all steps they should take to minimize the risk of bringing bed bugs home.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel