Home & Garden

Help choosing between Moen and Delta kitchen faucet?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2017 11:51 am
34 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1509 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
I like the Delta, but i think it all depends on the look you are going after the Moen looks modern and sleek.

Personally I don't like the dish/soap dispensers, I find that it clutters the look and adds another hole for the countertop.

Both are good dependable brands.

Cheers!
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4388 posts
733 upvotes
Markham
Customer service with Moen was excellent in my experience. Had to call them twice to replace the cartridge and they sent them promptly. On the third occasion they offered to ship me any faucet for like $50 (shipping /handling). BTW the faucet was probably close to 15 yrs old at the time.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8859 posts
2976 upvotes
Ottawa
I've installed 3 of that Moen Kessen since November and all 3 times the plumber said he couldn't believe how Costco could sell a product of that quality so cheap.

I'm sure the Delta is just as good but I have never used that model.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Jan 23, 2017
14 posts
3 upvotes
Have the Moen installed in our kitchen since May last year. Love the look, works well, no problems. Didn't bother installing the soap dispenser as didn't like the cluttered look. I've heard lots of good things about Moen backing up their product and Costco has a great return policy if there are ever issues. Price for quality is hard to beat.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1723 posts
67 upvotes
The Moen reflex is a pretty nice retracting system. But I don't know much about the Delta product so I can't really offer much on the decision between the two.
Jan 15, 2010
300 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Moen Nori. Looks very similar. I really like it and the look works. Don't know much about Delta's though.
Jan 9, 2011
612 posts
289 upvotes
Vancouver
Moen has lifetime warranty on cartridges. Home Depot will exchange old for new for free, no questions asked.
Jan 3, 2013
324 posts
70 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kiraly wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:14 pm
Moen has lifetime warranty on cartridges. Home Depot will exchange old for new for free, no questions asked.
They also do the same for Delta at homedepot.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5063 posts
1272 upvotes
Kootenays
zeon64 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:44 pm
They also do the same for Delta at homedepot.
Delta changed their policy last year. We have a small resort with many of both faucets. Last year my local Home Hardware told me Delta changed their lifetime replacement policy and wanted $95 for a shower cartridge. I couldn't believe it, so I called Delta directly and they told me it was unaffordable for them to continue the policy. They did send me one replacement, but told me it would be the last time. It's Moen all the way for us now.
Jan 8, 2009
617 posts
268 upvotes
GTA
We have the Moen Indi from Home Depot. We've had it for almost 3 years now with absolutely no problems. We installed the soap dispenser and I love it. The pull down feature is fantastic and I like the smooth transition between spray and solid and the ability to "pause" the stream when filling a pot or moving the tap from one sink to the next.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2227 posts
537 upvotes
Paris
I have friends in both companies. Both are great products but it's a constant battle to keep costs down and quality acceptable. That's why Delta changed their policy.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3310 posts
2533 upvotes
Toronto
If it's true that Delta changed their lifetime warranty policy, then the Moen is a no brainer. Changing the cartridge every few years (at least $50 per kitchen faucet cartridge) is a certainty, plus the Moen is $50 cheaper!

Cosmetically? Both work well in a modern kitchen, although the Moen is a bit more distinct but chunky while the Delta flows more like one long "neck".
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6982 posts
434 upvotes
smacd wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 7:40 pm
Delta changed their policy last year. We have a small resort with many of both faucets. Last year my local Home Hardware told me Delta changed their lifetime replacement policy and wanted $95 for a shower cartridge. I couldn't believe it, so I called Delta directly and they told me it was unaffordable for them to continue the policy. They did send me one replacement, but told me it would be the last time. It's Moen all the way for us now.
It's unaffordable for them to continue because they were doing them too often, because their parts crap out sooner. My house came with all delta faucets, every one of them started leaking around the 3-4 year mark. Replaced all of them with Moen, only one leak, went to home depot and got a cartridge for free, fixed it in 10 minutes. Don't buy Delta.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.