Help to decide on the stroller !!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2018 10:44 pm
Mar 8, 2017
74 posts
9 upvotes

Help to decide on the stroller !!!

I am very hesitating what stroller to buy. I am considering 3 options:

1)Peg perego team ( as for me it is super huge and heavy)
2)Bugaboo Fox ( the bassinet is to low)
3)Uppababy Visa( dont like the thing that when reclining the seat the legs go up)

Please, give me any hints or feedback about these strollers.

Thank you
41 replies
Feb 4, 2017
463 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
I think the Fox is the Buffalo replacement.

I have the Buffalo and its amazing. Wheels are a good size for getting through snow, curbs and sidewalks, Its easy to use and really rolls on its own.

I would suggest going to a store where they have these models on the floor and actually strolling with them. The mobility differences between them can make or break the deal.

Depending on where you plan on strolling, consider what material the wheels are made of (air, foam, ect). I opted for air.

Good luck and congrats!
Apr 10, 2011
875 posts
809 upvotes
Uppababy Vista all the way. All the parent's I know who don't have one wish they had gotten one. Customer service/warranty is fantastic, and it converts into a double stroller with the addition of a rumble seat, should you have a second child.
Sep 20, 2012
31 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
I really like my Vista, my kids are now 3 and 1 and we use it daily!
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15688 posts
11077 upvotes
I will agree on the Vista. We have a 2011 model that survived 2 boys, and could still do another kid easily. ( Not happening in my house though ;) )
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12603 posts
2308 upvotes
I was gifted a bugaboo that has been put through the wringer and I've been happy with it. Its been heavily used for 3 children before it got to me and never maintained and used and abused hard, and it works perfectly.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3397 posts
422 upvotes
Mississauga
Hello all uppababy vista / Cruz owners.

We are also in the market for a stroller, and we were wondering at what age did your kids grow out of either of these?

My main concern is the metal frame / curve by the feet that doesn't expand/move/adjust all the way back. I know there is a weight capacity on these strollers, but in terms of height, how long will it take for the kids to outgrow the uppababy vista/Cruz (on average)?
Sep 20, 2012
31 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
So the two seats aren’t identical, the rumble seat is quite a bit smaller - my son is not yet 3 and he can’t have the canopy over his head anymore. The bigger seat he’s fine though and think he’ll be comfy in there until at least 4 years old
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9313 posts
5564 upvotes
baby jogger city select
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Aug 5, 2008
808 posts
602 upvotes
I don’t have any of these strollers but I have heard that the Uppababy Vista is great as a single stroller but the Baby Jogger City Select is better than the UB Vista as a double stroller.

Also the City Select has a lifetime warranty on the frame. I think wheels and everything else are 1 year.
Aug 31, 2014
379 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hanna123 wrote: I am very hesitating what stroller to buy. I am considering 3 options:

1)Peg perego team ( as for me it is super huge and heavy)
2)Bugaboo Fox ( the bassinet is to low)
3)Uppababy Visa( dont like the thing that when reclining the seat the legs go up)

Please, give me any hints or feedback about these strollers.

Thank you
We have the Uppababy Cruz and we love it. Don't know what you mean by the legs go up when reclining? The leg rest is adjustable.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Is the warranty really a concern?

We've had a Baby Jogger since 2013, we've used it for two kids, we've taken it out in just about every environment imaginable, lots of hiking on trails, regular works through city, indoors, on public transit, in the winter outdoors etc. Other then the threads on the wheels being worn out, the thing still functions just as well as the day we bought it. There's not that much that can go wrong with a stroller and unless you're taking it through a warzone I really don't know how anyway can break these things through normal use.

In regards to brands, from my experience I don't think it really matters. Capability with whatever infant car seat you use is important, and you also want to make sure it's relatively easy to fold/un-fold and have a good amount of storage space but otherwise most strollers will do the same thing in regards to all other aspects. That $250 Graco stroller will literally have 90% of the same functionality as that $800 Uppababy stroller, at the end of the day the brand name becomes more of a status symbol then anything else.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Aug 5, 2008
808 posts
602 upvotes
Winkle wrote: Is the warranty really a concern?

We've had a Baby Jogger since 2013, we've used it for two kids, we've taken it out in just about every environment imaginable, lots of hiking on trails, regular works through city, indoors, on public transit, in the winter outdoors etc. Other then the threads on the wheels being worn out, the thing still functions just as well as the day we bought it. There's not that much that can go wrong with a stroller and unless you're taking it through a warzone I really don't know how anyway can break these things through normal use.

In regards to brands, from my experience I don't think it really matters. Capability with whatever infant car seat you use is important, and you also want to make sure it's relatively easy to fold/un-fold and have a good amount of storage space but otherwise most strollers will do the same thing in regards to all other aspects. That $250 Graco stroller will literally have 90% of the same functionality as that $800 Uppababy stroller, at the end of the day the brand name becomes more of a status symbol then anything else.
Yes, if you unluckily buy a defective product. I have a Baby Jogger as well and it’s in perfect condition. Expect the front wheel doesn’t lock which I didn’t realize until after the warranty expired (defective wheel) and I have heard stories (from friends too) of their strollers breaking and they had to replace them or some part or whatever. You can see some stories from product reviews as well. It’s probably not common but it doesn’t mean that it can’t happen.

BTW, Baby Jogger has a lifetime warranty on some of their frames (City Mini GT, City Select), which seems like they stand by their quality.
Aug 31, 2014
379 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My friend's city select had the handle materials start to unravel after a few month's of use.

I've also heard someone when running running with the uppababy and then the wheels started squeaking.

In both cases they got the parts replaced.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
Uppababy or shut uppa... baby!
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Jul 25, 2016
289 posts
1805 upvotes
Vancouver
We have the nuna mixx 2 and love it as a single stroller. Use it with the nuna pipa infant car seat.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
Easy. The cheapest one and whatever you saved put that into the RESP

Don't waste your money for an item that's used for 3 yrs.
Aug 31, 2014
379 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rfdrfd wrote: Easy. The cheapest one and whatever you saved put that into the RESP

Don't waste your money for an item that's used for 3 yrs.
I think it depends on the lifestyle of the OP. If you have to be using that thing everyday, say you walk a lot downtown, or you'll be taking it in and out of the trunk often, the cheapest may not be the best option if you dread using it everyday (my friend that got the City Select when it was only the first kid) or it brakes down on you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)