237 upvotes
Toronto
I swear by my stokke. Love that stroller
[external advertising link removed]
Jul 25, 2016
162 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
We have the nuna mixx 2 and love it as a single stroller. Use it with the nuna pipa infant car seat.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8826 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
Easy. The cheapest one and whatever you saved put that into the RESP

Don't waste your money for an item that's used for 3 yrs.
Aug 31, 2014
101 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rfdrfd wrote: Easy. The cheapest one and whatever you saved put that into the RESP

Don't waste your money for an item that's used for 3 yrs.
I think it depends on the lifestyle of the OP. If you have to be using that thing everyday, say you walk a lot downtown, or you'll be taking it in and out of the trunk often, the cheapest may not be the best option if you dread using it everyday (my friend that got the City Select when it was only the first kid) or it brakes down on you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8826 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
Tsanger wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 4:54 pm
I think it depends on the lifestyle of the OP. If you have to be using that thing everyday, say you walk a lot downtown, or you'll be taking it in and out of the trunk often, the cheapest may not be the best option if you dread using it everyday (my friend that got the City Select when it was only the first kid) or it brakes down on you.
Very true.

Unless OP is an avid jogger that's seriously jogging with the stroller. A cheap or average priced stroller may or may not break down.

Probably half the price of these fancy ones. So you can buy a replacement if it breaks and still be ahead in total cost.

From experience, I just want to recommend saving money. There's more important things to spend on later in the child's life. Stroller will only be used for 2-3 years.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8826 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
We bought the Snap N Go. It is light weight, smooth wheels, big wheels, fits in a cars trunk easily and simply works.

Snap and Go

But I see OPs choices are in the $1k range so I'm guessing this is for status more than function?
Aug 23, 2011
533 posts
52 upvotes
WINNIPEG
rfdrfd wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:56 am
We bought the Snap N Go. It is light weight, smooth wheels, big wheels, fits in a cars trunk easily and simply works.

Snap and Go

But I see OPs choices are in the $1k range so I'm guessing this is for status more than function?
What about when the child outgrows the carseat? It shows this Snap and Go is only for holding carseats.
Aug 5, 2008
329 posts
172 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:56 am

Snap and Go

That's a car seat carrier not an actual stroller. Those are small wheels actually but winter is over. You will not be using that for very long ( like months). It does its job though and has a big basket.
Feb 15, 2004
87 posts
6 upvotes
I have an Uppababy Vista and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. Also, don't forget that it the higher end strollers has great resale value. Just kijiji and you will be surprised how much they go for. There is a chance that if you keep the stroller in a good condition, the cost-resale value is no different than a mid range stroller, but you got 3 years of Prestige out of it.
Oct 17, 2002
641 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Thought I would bump this up since I'm in the market as well.
Have looked at the Cruz, and so far it looks like there's a problem with vibration / lack of smooth ride? Been finding quite a number of reviews/complaints about this (causing the baby's head to jostle in the stroller).

Right now I'm leaning towards the Nuna Mixx2, though I've read there might be a problem with the canopy, where it pops back up all by itself (when it's fully extended down). I've seen one instance/review of this, so it might be an isolated case.
Looking at the Vista as well, but it seems overpriced, especially since I dont expect to have more than 1 kid. The Bugaboo Bee5 is my 3rd option.
Feb 10, 2010
946 posts
389 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Uppa baby Vista all the way! We love ours, smooth like butter and huge storage room.
Aug 31, 2014
101 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KennyX wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 11:06 am
Thought I would bump this up since I'm in the market as well.
Have looked at the Cruz, and so far it looks like there's a problem with vibration / lack of smooth ride? Been finding quite a number of reviews/complaints about this (causing the baby's head to jostle in the stroller).
we have a 2017 Cruz and don't have a problem with jostling the baby.... with the stroller seat nor clicking the bucket car seat onto it
Apr 10, 2011
418 posts
191 upvotes
TeQnoman wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:26 pm
I have an Uppababy Vista and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. Also, don't forget that it the higher end strollers has great resale value. Just kijiji and you will be surprised how much they go for. There is a chance that if you keep the stroller in a good condition, the cost-resale value is no different than a mid range stroller, but you got 3 years of Prestige out of it.
I have an issue with the ridiculous prices people charge for their used uppababy's. It's not uncommon to find people on kijiji/facebook selling their 2012 vista's for like, $600-700. It's like.... are you trying to tell me you paid $900 for this stroller 6+years ago (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe uppababy was a lot cheaper a few years ago), got 6 years of use out of it, and are now trying to pawn it off onto someone else for close to the same price you paid for it in 2012? It's just wrong. I know it's ultimately up to the buyer to make an informed decision on whether it's worth it to then to save a few hundred bucks, but still..... A 2012 vista maybe has 3-4 years left in it -- tops -- and they're paying more per year than the original owner who bought it new? Am I missing something here?