Computers & Electronics

Help finding a inexpensive laptop with resolution > 1366 x 768?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2011 2:14 am
Tags:
None
Nov 30, 2010
73 posts
17 upvotes

Help finding a inexpensive laptop with resolution > 1366 x 768?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find an inexpensive (less than $800) laptop with a screen resolution higher than 1366 x 768. I know these have become a rarity in this day and age but if anyone knew about something that would be awesome.

Requirements:
** Screen size less than 15.6"
** Ships to Canada

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
Not sure about their pricing, but have a look at the Lenovo Thinkpad T420 with the optional hi rez....check for the EPP thread.

Dave
Jul 26, 2010
734 posts
68 upvotes
Burlington
Price is up $Can60 now but IMO a good deal from Staples on-line (allows certain coupons) and free shipping to your front door. In general review have been pretty goood.

BTW it does have "•Native LCD Panel Resolution: 1366x768x16.7 million colours" as well as upgradeable RAM to 8GB(2x4GB) for an additional 40 to 50. :D

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... e=WW&=&=&=
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2412 posts
181 upvotes
metap0d wrote: Hi everyone,

I am trying to find an inexpensive (less than $800) laptop with a screen resolution higher than 1366 x 768. I know these have become a rarity in this day and age but if anyone knew about something that would be awesome.

Requirements:
** Screen size less than 15.6"
** Ships to Canada

Thanks!
He wants the higher resolution, though, and keeping the price under $800 for that is tough. OP, do a search for those specs on the newegg site (cdn one, of course). I seem to recall a few but I think you are stuck mostly with HP and they might be refurbished. If that is not satisfactory, go to the shopbot site and enter the specs there with a price range. See if anything comes up.

Else, you can try the dell and lenovo websites with coupons but I doubt they'll go down to that budget with that res option.

I'm giving this advice because I tried this already. :) I forget the results but most are around $800-ish but available at online vendors so might have to order them. I doubt you'll find any local but you could try. I don't think CC will have anything that covers all that and FS/Staples/BestBuy probably not either but you can try. Try their online sites and see what's available. Maybe there's Xmas deals coming up?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
teleguitar wrote: He wants the higher resolution, though, and keeping the price under $800 for that is tough. OP, do a search for those specs on the newegg site (cdn one, of course). I seem to recall a few but I think you are stuck mostly with HP and they might be refurbished. If that is not satisfactory, go to the shopbot site and enter the specs there with a price range. See if anything comes up.

Else, you can try the dell and lenovo websites with coupons but I doubt they'll go down to that budget with that res option.

I'm giving this advice because I tried this already. :) I forget the results but most are around $800-ish but available at online vendors so might have to order them. I doubt you'll find any local but you could try. I don't think CC will have anything that covers all that and FS/Staples/BestBuy probably not either but you can try. Try their online sites and see what's available. Maybe there's Xmas deals coming up?

$800 before taxes is doable....via the EPP thread on a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 left most base configuration. I didn't go all the way through....but the price on the right side got as low as $790.xx ...upgraded the screen to 1600x900, but dropped the webcam (not sure what coupon code Lenovo was using)...configuration is as follows:

Intel Core i3-2350M Processor (2.30GHz, 3M Cache)...an i5 costs +$50
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - English
14.0" HD+ LED backlight Anti-Glare (1600 x 900), with Wireless WAN Antenna
Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor graphics with dynamic frequency
4 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
Keyboard - US English
UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) without Fingerprint Reader
No camera. Microphone.
320GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
DVD Recordable
Express Card Slot, 4-in-1 Card Reader
6 Cell 2.6Ah Li-Ion Battery
65W AC Adapter - North America, Latin America (2pin)
ThinkPad 1x1 b/g/n
Mobile Broadband ready (no mobile broadband module)
Publication - US English

Dave
Nov 30, 2010
73 posts
17 upvotes
DavidY wrote: $800 before taxes is doable....via the EPP thread on a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 left most base configuration. I didn't go all the way through....but the price on the right side got as low as $790.xx ...upgraded the screen to 1600x900, but dropped the webcam (not sure what coupon code Lenovo was using)...configuration is as follows:

Intel Core i3-2350M Processor (2.30GHz, 3M Cache)...an i5 costs +$50
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - English
14.0" HD+ LED backlight Anti-Glare (1600 x 900), with Wireless WAN Antenna
Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor graphics with dynamic frequency
4 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
Keyboard - US English
UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) without Fingerprint Reader
No camera. Microphone.
320GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
DVD Recordable
Express Card Slot, 4-in-1 Card Reader
6 Cell 2.6Ah Li-Ion Battery
65W AC Adapter - North America, Latin America (2pin)
ThinkPad 1x1 b/g/n
Mobile Broadband ready (no mobile broadband module)
Publication - US English

Dave

That is certainly a viable option to look into. I own a Thinkpad x120e and it's one of the most solidly built and well designed machines I've ever owned. I'll look into that, thanks.
Sep 16, 2009
745 posts
57 upvotes
Sony has new customizable laptop promotion.

Check them out.