• Feb 20th, 2016 4:07 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2012
73 posts
6 upvotes
Concord

HELP! Finding a powerful PC !

Need help finding a powerful PC. This one is now for a good price need some advice on it please!
Mainly I want to record/stream console gaming at 1080p with minimal fan noise.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asu ... 9628bcen02
Specs:

Intel Core i7(6770)
2TB HDD
16GB RAM (DDR4)
Nvidia GTX 960

All this for $1500 by Asus which I consider a good company.
I don't really want to build my own computer since it takes time and I rather have it done already.
I compared with Dell and other brands and it seems to be the same price or more for same or worse specs.

So please any suggestions.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
Mllitvak wrote: Need help finding a powerful PC. This one is now for a good price need some advice on it please!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asu ... 9628bcen02
Specs:

Intel Core i7(6770)
2TB HDD
16GB RAM (DDR4)
Nvidia GTX 960

All this for $1500 by Asus which I consider a good company.
I don't really want to build my own computer since it takes time and I rather have it done already.
I compared with Dell and other brands and it seems to be the same price or more for same or worse specs.

Seems pricey for a no-name asus tower.

Why not get the parts from NCIX and pay them $50 to build it.
Brand NEW FUJIFILM F900EXR FOR SALE ASKING $225
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
Honestly, I learned that building a PC is MUCH cheaper and performance is even better. If your worried about building it, post above says that NCIX can build it for you at a small fee.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Mllitvak wrote: Need help finding a powerful PC. This one is now for a good price need some advice on it please!
If you're buying it from Best Buy you're not getting a PC that's all that powerful.

As others have said, buy the components and build yourself or pay a store a little more to build.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
Agreed, you can definitely get way more bang for your buck if you buy the parts and build your own or have NCIX build it for you.

The PC you listed has an older videocard, which you can easily get the GTX 970 with 4 Gigs of video memory while staying in your budget. Also as a recent converter to SSDs, I'll never go back!
Jun 22, 2014
559 posts
235 upvotes
Markham, ON
Hey look!

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3nzVhM

Perks of this build:

Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooling
G Skill DDR4 2400 Memory (Your Asus has a speed of 2133)
SSD / HDD combo - Install your OS and Primary programs on the SSD for lots of speed!

I also cant comment on the mobo / gpu, because Best Buy's website doesn't really tell you what they are using there.

All for the low low price of $1430! Also, you can probably get it much lower if you buy individual pieces as they go on sale.

Someone mentioned above to swap out the GPU for a 970, and they are about $400-450 which would put you over, but as I mentioned, you can pick up individual parts as they go on sale to stay within budget.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
Biskuits wrote: Hey look!

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3nzVhM

Perks of this build:

Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooling
G Skill DDR4 2400 Memory (Your Asus has a speed of 2133)
SSD / HDD combo - Install your OS and Primary programs on the SSD for lots of speed!

I also cant comment on the mobo / gpu, because Best Buy's website doesn't really tell you what they are using there.

All for the low low price of $1430! Also, you can probably get it much lower if you buy individual pieces as they go on sale.

Someone mentioned above to swap out the GPU for a 970, and they are about $400-450 which would put you over, but as I mentioned, you can pick up individual parts as they go on sale to stay within budget.
You forgot $100 for win 10 and $50 build fee.
Custom build is not "much" cheaper. You do get better parts and better warranty

It hels if op can build one and already have OS.
Jun 22, 2014
559 posts
235 upvotes
Markham, ON
importpsycho wrote: You forgot $100 for win 10 and $50 build fee.
Custom build is not "much" cheaper. You do get better parts and better warranty

It hels if op can build one and already have OS.
Still get a free upgrade to Win10 if you have an old Win7/8 license to re-use on an old computer. And again, you can get the parts for cheaper if you wait for the sales.
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
You're likely better off getting a stronger GPU and a weaker CPU for your price point.
I5 6500 or 6600k with a 970 rather than your i7 and 960.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)