None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1669 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary

Help with Flashing JB on LG Optimus One, Can't boot into CWM

Hey guys, running into some problems here. Second device that I've tried to install a custom rom in an android device, first time it went smoothly.

I have rooted my phone and installed ROM Manager in the Play Store. I flashed CWM and it said it installed successfully. However I go to reboot the phone by pressing power+volume up+home, it completely resets the phone to factory settings. What am I doing wrong? I also tried to boot into CWM using ROM Manager via the boot into CWM however it does the same thing. I have been playing around with this for hours and the phone keeps resetting and resetting. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: To add some more info, I am on 2.3.3 and the exact model number of my phone is the LG-P500h
26 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1669 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone? I just tried unrooting and rerooting through a different method. Superuser is installed and the root checker says the device is rooted. Should I not be using ROM Manager to install Clockwork Recovery Mod?
Oct 1, 2005
257 posts
40 upvotes
unlock the bootloader, then root and install CWM or TWRP
2005 befirsttoplay: official xbox360 winner, Nov 6 4am
2006 wineveryhour: Accessory Prize Pack winner, Nov 17 1pm
2009 FLIP US YOUR SMILE contest! Flip MinoHD x 2
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1669 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
penguin318 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 4:20 pm
unlock the bootloader, then root and install CWM or TWRP
Why do I need to unlock the bootloader?

Searching around, people say it is already unlocked and all the tutorials I've read have said nothing about unlocking the bootloader.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1669 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
kieum90 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 4:54 pm
You know there is another way, when you have CWM downloaded, you can just to the app and click on recovery. As it stands now, I have to check up on this.
Tried that. Same thing happens. My phone completely resets itself to factory settings.

What I've tried:

Install ROM Manager after the phone is rooted. Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery. I have tried used the Old BB and the new BB for the Optimus One as there are two. I install it, says it was installed successfully. I reboot the phone. Then I either reboot again while holding power+volume down+home or press the Reboot into Recovery in the ROM Manager app. Doesn't matter which method I use. The phone boots up on the LG logo, some loading screen comes after, can't really describe it. Then the LG logo pops back up and it starts its factory reset.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11282 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
When you installed ROM Manager and ran the app for the first time, did it ask for SU access?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1669 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
audit13 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 5:12 pm
When you installed ROM Manager and ran the app for the first time, did it ask for SU access?
Yes. And I allowed it. And it asks for it again when I'm installing CWM Recovery.

Actually, it didn't until I installed CWM Recovery. Just gave me a warning when I first ran it.
May 15, 2010
295 posts
23 upvotes
North York
mchuong wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 5:13 pm
Yes. And I allowed it. And it asks for it again when I'm installing CWM Recovery.

Actually, it didn't until I installed CWM Recovery. Just gave me a warning when I first ran it.
Do you also have CWM Touch?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11282 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
mchuong wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 5:13 pm

There are two ways to access the recovery screen: by installing Rom Manager to your OS or installing CWM. CWM is accessed via physical buttons and Rom Manager via OS. Either way, it sounds like you have it installed, you just can't access it.

I know some versions of CWM use different button to get in.

If you boot into your OS, press the power button as if you want to power it down. Do you get an option to boot into Recovery mode?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1669 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
audit13 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 5:38 pm
There are two ways to access the recovery screen: by installing Rom Manager to your OS or installing CWM. CWM is accessed via physical buttons and Rom Manager via OS. Either way, it sounds like you have it installed, you just can't access it.

I know some versions of CWM use different button to get in.
Right under Flash CWM Recovery it says Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7, and the latest Recovery says the same thing if that matters.

Any idea how to fix the problem?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11282 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
mchuong wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 5:41 pm
Right under Flash CWM Recovery it says Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7, and the latest Recovery says the same thing if that matters.

Any idea how to fix the problem?
If you boot into your OS, press the power button as if you want to power it down. Do you get an option to boot into Recovery mode?
× < >