Home & Garden

Help! Front Load LG Washer Dancing Across the Floor!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2008 11:06 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 15, 2006
900 posts
24 upvotes

Help! Front Load LG Washer Dancing Across the Floor!

I just purchased a new LG washer/dryer, which I've put in the basement. The basement floor is concrete and is uneven. I've adjusted the 4 legs to level and balance the washer length-wise and width-wise but during the spin cycle, the machine starts to shake violently and it shimmies and dances out of place. I even tried the low spin setting, but the machine just won't stay still.

Is this a common problem with front load washers? What is the solution to this problem??? It's frustrating because the machine is brand new but I haven't been able to complete a wash yet because the machine won't sit still and I'm afraid it's going to bang into the wall or pull all the water hoses out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1584 posts
66 upvotes
It is a common problem with front load washers. After reading reviews I saw this complaint frequently enough that I was worried about even buying one (I did buy one, and no problems so far).

I think being level is key. Additionally you may want to add some sort of mat under it to help dampen the vibrations. Maybe like the anti-fatigue mats you can buy everywhere.

Also, maybe the load has something to do with it? Read the manual, it may suggest an optimal load size.
Sep 3, 2007
605 posts
21 upvotes
Aurora
mork wrote:
Sep 13th, 2008 12:27 am
I think being level is key. Additionally you may want to add some sort of mat under it to help dampen the vibrations. Maybe like the anti-fatigue mats you can buy everywhere.
Seach for 'stall mat' in this forum. You will find a thread which talks about this issue and how to people have resolved it.

Hope this helps.
Deal Expert
Oct 10, 2006
22204 posts
121 upvotes
Victoria
Is the spin cycle set on extra high? - perhaps lower it
Sep 20, 2005
403 posts
12 upvotes
Were all the shipping braces removed (series of Shipping pins screwed into the back of the machine)? This happended to a friend of mine.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10272 posts
1148 upvotes
Markham
enigma54 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2008 12:15 am
I just purchased a new LG washer/dryer, which I've put in the basement. The basement floor is concrete and is uneven. I've adjusted the 4 legs to level and balance the washer length-wise and width-wise but during the spin cycle, the machine starts to shake violently and it shimmies and dances out of place. I even tried the low spin setting, but the machine just won't stay still.

Is this a common problem with front load washers? What is the solution to this problem??? It's frustrating because the machine is brand new but I haven't been able to complete a wash yet because the machine won't sit still and I'm afraid it's going to bang into the wall or pull all the water hoses out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I got a Samsung WF337 http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/deta ... 337AAG/XAC

"SAMSUNG innovations banish bad vibes
A washing machine shouldn't bang and dance around the room. That's why you'll love the whisper-quiet operation of your SAMSUNG washer. SAMSUNG's Vibration Reduction Technology (VRT
[OP]
Jun 15, 2006
900 posts
24 upvotes
Potsman wrote:
Sep 13th, 2008 7:34 am
Were all the shipping braces removed (series of Shipping pins screwed into the back of the machine)? This happended to a friend of mine.
This was the culprit - 4 shipping bolts at the back of the washer!! Thanks!

It still sounds like a jet engine when the spin cycle starts going though, but the washer is in the basement so the noise is not too bad.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2061 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
enigma54 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2008 11:00 pm
This was the culprit - 4 shipping bolts at the back of the washer!! Thanks!

It still sounds like a jet engine when the spin cycle starts going though, but the washer is in the basement so the noise is not too bad.
LOL. Yup you needed to remove the shipping bolts. I have an LG front washer as well but the spin cycle is no where near the noise of a jet engine. Did you perhaps damage something?
× < >