Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2885 posts
46 upvotes

Help with grad photos: artona,photoshop

Anyone have experience with this? My GF just graduated and artona took photos of important moments and mailed me a password to get 2 photos. The real pics have artona back ground written all over it.

Can this be fixed with photoshop?

More importantly, they won't let me right click to save. The page source has ../TheArtonaGroupInc/(the password)/1500536_1.JPG and I dunno how to get the pic. Anyone know a way around this? Artona charges a ridiculous markup.
Thanks! Please help an RFD'er save money.
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Share:
16 replies
Jun 29, 2005
905 posts
3 upvotes
*shurg* You can write a simple HTML script to download the pic. an [some random gibberish] will do the trick, as it allows you to right click and save as.

About the photoshop, i've no idea.
xIcewind. [tint of purple]
Aug 9, 2005
972 posts
6 upvotes
just to buy the two pics.

How much are they?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2885 posts
46 upvotes
Sanhedralite wrote:just to buy the two pics.

How much are they?
it's.... expensive...

cheapest package is 44.95
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3068 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
I figured out how to get the pic a few months back. However, removing the watermark is beyond my photoshoping skills.

You can PM me the code and I'll do it for you.
Vancouver Forum - July 11th, 2005 - 11:54/11:42 (Computer) PM
Dec 24, 2002
277 posts
removing the watermarks is not that difficult, just need lots of patience :)

here's what i did for my bro-in-law back in the day of Photoshop 3 : http://www.mcfoo.com/rfd/grad/

of course getting a professional to remove the watermark will costs more than $44.95, so I suggest either buying the photos or have a tango with Photoshop or get some friends to do it for free :) good luck
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7918 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
remember to post her pics in this thread! lol jk

u might want to give this tool a try, not sure how well it works but doesnt hurt trying
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... tool.shtml

theres also this plugin for photoshop CS called Pattern Removal Filter v2.5
This Photoshop plug-in allows you to quickly and easily identify and remove repetitive patterns from digital images that often interfere with the recovery of forensic evidence. Version 2.5 provides improved user interface, ability to handle larger files, and improved calculation speed. For use with Photoshop as a plug-in only.
http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/p ... /main.html

im having a hard time finding this plugin though
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Also be aware some companies use Digimarc, an invisible watermark. It's going to take more than patience to crack it.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6461 posts
3 upvotes
Can you *view* the pictures? If so, there's nothing stopping you from pressing "Print Screen," dumping it in MS Paint, cropping it, and saving it as a PNG or BMP if you want lossless. Anything you can view, you can save.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6461 posts
3 upvotes
Emancipated wrote:Also be aware some companies use Digimarc, an invisible watermark. It's going to take more than patience to crack it.
If it's invisible, does it matter? I mean, if it doesn't show up on a printed copy...
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
1142 posts
4 upvotes
What HS did she grad from? MD?
I hope Life isn't one big joke because I don't get it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6775 posts
271 upvotes
Ottawa
philelmo wrote:it's.... expensive...

cheapest package is 44.95
Um just my two cents but I rather buy the original. How many times is your gf going to graduate?? I am cheap at a lot of things but when it comes to high school or univ grad photos I'm willing to spend the money. You fixing it up in photoshop might not be as good as having it done professionally. Also a lot of places like Wal-Mart will not print professional photos taken elsewhere. For me they are one time expenses that are worth the money, it's like going cheap on your wedding... :confused:
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3068 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
Yea.. the photos they have on their website are extremely low resolution. But it's neat to have, so if you still want it I can get it for you.
Vancouver Forum - July 11th, 2005 - 11:54/11:42 (Computer) PM
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2885 posts
46 upvotes
cheeseshredder wrote:I figured out how to get the pic a few months back. However, removing the watermark is beyond my photoshoping skills.

You can PM me the code and I'll do it for you.
Hi, thanks for your help with grad photos. What did you need me to do first? I don't have any code.
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2700 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
thats usually the case, i hate that bloody watermark
cheeseshredder wrote:removing the watermark is beyond my photoshoping skills.
"Materialism will inevitably produce the kind of society where people know the price of everything, but the value of nothing; where people have a great deal to live on, but very little to live for..." - anon.
Items for sale
Waterloo Engineering Textbooks
× < >