• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2012 5:47 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes

[Help] is this how windmobile treats customers? what to do next

here is what happened with me and windmobile for the past few days.
its really unbelievable.

so basically i barely make any call nowadays and use home wifi most of the time. yet im paying for the 40$ unlimited service for call/data/text.
i wanted to switch my 40$ plan to a pay your way(prepaid service)
apparently i was told still have the 326$ on my windtab+ after over 1 year of being with them.

so i decided to pay that and made a call to wind rep asking to switch to pay your way.
the rep on the phone told me i have to make a top up in a retail store before he can switch.

so i find a free day, went to the retail store, the nice lady in the retail store told me she can't take any topup utill i have switched to pay your way and can only do that over the phone.
i was like wtf, am i getting kicked around. i was told to go to the store and pay the top up.

so i called them again in store, have them switch me to pay your way and i will pay off my 326$. so 1min later, my phone got disconnected without the rep warning me.
i told the lady in store what happens. she lend me their store phone to call again.
i reached a manager, she told me my phone is still on the 40$ plan and they accidentally inactivate my phone for some reason. they had to get the back office to reactivate.
she promised me it shouldn't take more than an hr for it to fix everything and change the plan to pay your way. so i can top up

so after that, my phone has been inactive(cant recieve). i patiently waited for a day hoping it should be back to work.

but nope, so i called again and got a manager to look at this. this time she told me she has called the back office, it shouldn't take more than 24 hrs. i even have the manager's name and reference number written down just in case

so again i patiently waited another day with the same issue - INACTIVE PHONE. so i called again.

this time the rep told me she called back office, they are working on it. and there is NO TIME EST that she can tell me it would work.
and when i asked to talk to an manager to see whats the issue. she disconnected me after 5min of waiting for a manager.
so i called right back with another rep. this time, she told me the manager will call me back in 20 min.

here i am. no one called. has been promised from 1hr to 24hr to no time est to disconnected on purpose to no reply

i really didn't expect windmobile to treat customers like this

ALL I WANT IS an active phone that i have just paid off 326$ in windtab.
and tell me if there is any technical issue that takes this long to solve without good reason???

is there any place i can get help? i believe i have the right to get my phone number back
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes
Unfortunately, shyt like that happens with every provider now and then. Sorry for your experience, but no one will be able to guarantee you a trouble-free experience with a given company. Rogers often disconnects me when I call (no longer have services with them, but still)... annoys me to no end! I also had the most billing issues with Rogers. I'm currently with Virgin, and so far, 16 months in, I've had no issues, but others complain that they have billing issues.

You can definitely get what you're looking for, just keep calling, and make sure you keep talking to the higher-ups. Rogers has a department called "the office of the president," see if Wind has something similar and get in touch with them. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
mytalk wrote: here is what happened with me and windmobile for the past few days.
its really unbelievable.

so basically i barely make any call nowadays and use home wifi most of the time. yet im paying for the 40$ unlimited service for call/data/text.
i wanted to switch my 40$ plan to a pay your way(prepaid service)
apparently i was told still have the 326$ on my windtab+ after over 1 year of being with them.

so i decided to pay that and made a call to wind rep asking to switch to pay your way.
the rep on the phone told me i have to make a top up in a retail store before he can switch.

so i find a free day, went to the retail store, the nice lady in the retail store told me she can't take any topup utill i have switched to pay your way and can only do that over the phone.
i was like wtf, am i getting kicked around. i was told to go to the store and pay the top up.

so i called them again in store, have them switch me to pay your way and i will pay off my 326$. so 1min later, my phone got disconnected without the rep warning me.
i told the lady in store what happens. she lend me their store phone to call again.
i reached a manager, she told me my phone is still on the 40$ plan and they accidentally inactivate my phone for some reason. they had to get the back office to reactivate.
she promised me it shouldn't take more than an hr for it to fix everything and change the plan to pay your way. so i can top up

so after that, my phone has been inactive(cant recieve). i patiently waited for a day hoping it should be back to work.

but nope, so i called again and got a manager to look at this. this time she told me she has called the back office, it shouldn't take more than 24 hrs. i even have the manager's name and reference number written down just in case

so again i patiently waited another day with the same issue - INACTIVE PHONE. so i called again.

this time the rep told me she called back office, they are working on it. and there is NO TIME EST that she can tell me it would work.
and when i asked to talk to an manager to see whats the issue. she disconnected me after 5min of waiting for a manager.
so i called right back with another rep. this time, she told me the manager will call me back in 20 min.

here i am. no one called. has been promised from 1hr to 24hr to no time est to disconnected on purpose to no reply

i really didn't expect windmobile to treat customers like this

ALL I WANT IS an active phone that i have just paid off 326$ in windtab.
and tell me if there is any technical issue that takes this long to solve without good reason???

is there any place i can get help? i believe i have the right to get my phone number back
thats why i wont sign contract anymore... no tab no contract only prepaid... cannot stand customer service nowadays
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7566 posts
5264 upvotes
Toronto
Call their Canada number at 1-855-925-3355.

I also similiar problem with my line getting "inactive" and was told to wait. I waited Fri~Mon with no-avil and found this number and spoke with someone in Canada. Had problem fixed in 3hrs as promised when I called on Tues.

I can't deal with their oversea call centre. Took 5mins to explain what wal-mart was once... :S
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes
called that.

an indian lady told me the samething again. "its going to take 24hrs as being told by my manager"

idk if i should believe that
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes
Well, just wait and see. AFAIK they have Middle Eastern call centers... none in India.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
Complain to the CCTS. They have been very helpful for me when my carrier gives me the run around.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1135 posts
290 upvotes
Mississauga
lol ya I heard this exact story before only it was a lady with her baby and they cut off her phone service like idiots. Customer service is all call centers, but what I heard is call during normal working hours and hope you get a Canadian person. Best is never call and just go to a real WIND store and tell them all about it. They should be able to do everything and make whatever calls need to be made. They have that $29 unlimited everything plan right now on so worse case scenario just switch to that and save yourself $11 a month and get the same services.
Nov 30, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Been with Wind for 2years. Long ago when Wind had customer Wind forums the topics about overseas call centres and lack of knowledgeable customer service reps was discussed quite frequently.

One suggestion discussed is when you are asked if you want your call in English or French, pick French, it is highly likely your call will be directed to Quebec and usually the CSR will be able to speak English anyway.
Jun 11, 2009
802 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
Best bet is twitter or facebook. Go there at @Wind_CARE and twit your story. Someone will get back to you long before someone calls you back.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7566 posts
5264 upvotes
Toronto
luv2drive1 wrote: Been with Wind for 2years. Long ago when Wind had customer Wind forums the topics about overseas call centres and lack of knowledgeable customer service reps was discussed quite frequently.

One suggestion discussed is when you are asked if you want your call in English or French, pick French, it is highly likely your call will be directed to Quebec and usually the CSR will be able to speak English anyway.
1-855-925-3355 connects you directly to Wind customer service in Windsor, Ontario.
Dec 24, 2012
6 posts
1 upvote
Cergy
wind has bad customer service, that is obvious. But Canadian people are responsible for that, because most of them don't fight... What happened to mytalk is not acceptable. But the best idea would have been to stop paying and let wind sue you for $326, and show the court the problem. Anyway, I hope wind gets better but I don't find any alternatives, Telus, Rogers, Bell or Koodoo are not better!
The plan at $29 is only local, meaning if you are away from home, you will pay for calling, and for received calls and for data. The plan at $40 is much cheaper if you think of it.