None
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2021 posts
611 upvotes
gta

help: made to measure suit @ Indochino

Hi,

well, i wish i had listen to the majority of the reviews about indochino before actually commiting to getting a m2m suit. After so many alteration i received the suit from their store at downtown toronto. I tried it in store and i thought that the sleves / arm part is a tad tight. After having most or all of the attendees took a look at it,
i was told it was fine. I was not convince but i was told to take it home and wear it for two weeks at home to " break it in" if im still not satisfy i can get another jacket made for me.
This is my first m2m suit and i really dont have any idea on how its suppose to look and feel. If anyone can help me out on this that would be awesome. My wedding im atending is in 4 months so basically i have time to get a new suit made.

PLEASE SEE THE LINK FOR THE SUIT FIT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU EXPERT THINK.

http://imgur.com/a/lgZha
No links or solicitations through sigs
20 replies
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
386 upvotes
Couple things:

1) Jacket length is too short, need to lengthen by an inch at least.

2) Upper back needs to be taken in, whether from the side or center back, need more pics to confirm.

3) Sleeve length could be another quarter inch longer.

4) Shoulders aren't wide enough, you have dimpling.

All in all, it looks like the suit is too small for your shoulders, I'm amazed there isn't pulling elsewhere. And I gather you're fairly small, like a 36-38?
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
386 upvotes
And suits don't 'break in' to correct a poor fit. You know immediately if it fits or not. You also need to raise your arms, can't see if the arm holes are cut correctly. Also, perhaps the sleeves need to be rotated, not sure if they're willing to do that for you. And I would go for minimal shoulder padding on the remake.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
Yea no such thing as a suit "breaking in". They just want to talk you out of sending the suit back for redo or get your money back.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2021 posts
611 upvotes
gta
THANKS ALOT!, i will point out all this information and have them made a new jacket or just refund me the money and go to Korry's.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2021 posts
611 upvotes
gta
cyberspyder wrote: Couple things:

1) Jacket length is too short, need to lengthen by an inch at least.

2) Upper back needs to be taken in, whether from the side or center back, need more pics to confirm.

3) Sleeve length could be another quarter inch longer.

4) Shoulders aren't wide enough, you have dimpling.

All in all, it looks like the suit is too small for your shoulders, I'm amazed there isn't pulling elsewhere. And I gather you're fairly small, like a 36-38?

Yes im around 36-38
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
386 upvotes
And looking again, I think the balance is off left/right wise. Looking at the photo of your back, you can see that the center seam is biased towards your left.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2021 posts
611 upvotes
gta
could it be because i have a slouch on my left shoulder, meaning my shoulder is not the same height.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Sleeves are fine, as the cuff of your dress shirt should be showing through. This is why French cuffs exists so you can show off your cufflinks and watch. If anything, I'd say they could be shorter, not longer.

I agree about the shoulder though, what's with the dimpling? Even off the rack blazers would not have this problem.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
Sleeves are not fine. The photo you showed the guy is bending his arm, which causes the sleeves to pull.
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
386 upvotes
emjhay wrote: could it be because i have a slouch on my left shoulder, meaning my shoulder is not the same height.
Nope. Measure the center vent and make sure it's equidistant from the left and right side seam. If so, either your right side is bigger than your left and MTM won't fix this issue.

And the sleeves are definitely too short. You're showing too much shirt cuff.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
- Shoulders are too small, this is a critical issue because you can't really alter this once the suit is made. When checking a suit, shoulders are probably the one thing that needs to fit, the rest can usually be tailored.

- Sleeves are too short

- Jacket looks a bit short too
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1897 posts
557 upvotes
North York
I would suggest Moderation instead of Korry's
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2021 posts
611 upvotes
gta
thericyip wrote: I would suggest Moderation instead of Korry's
HI,

do you happen to know where it is or phone number, i googled but gave me some random info.
thanks.

Im going to call indochino to get a new jacket.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2021 posts
611 upvotes
gta
Im very displease and upset with this, i hope i can get a new jacket or a refund. Have anyone had any problem getting a refund from them?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
cyberspyder wrote: If so, either your right side is bigger than your left and MTM won't fix this issue.
Not true. Everyone has a slouch on one shoulder and/or unequal arm lengths. MTM should account for this.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote: - Jacket looks a bit short too
Modern jackets are short. You can specify jacket length for MTM but once the jacket is done it's next to impossible to lengthen it since pockets position and the whole porportion will be off.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1897 posts
557 upvotes
North York
emjhay wrote: HI,

do you happen to know where it is or phone number, i googled but gave me some random info.
thanks.

Im going to call indochino to get a new jacket.
Just get a refund from Indo and never deal with them ever again.

http://www.moderationsuit.com/contact/
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
Looks like you're wearing your baby brother's jacket. Get a refund!
Dec 1, 2013
90 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of the fit is based on your preference. If you want something traditionally speaking is correct then...
1) Jacket length is too short, if you cup your hands the jacket should end at your palm.
2) Sleeve length about 1 inch too short based off of the front shot pic
3) Shoulder pad bulging out (common on cheap suits)
4) The ripple on your sleeve arm shows that your arm is a bit pitched back (common on cheaper suits)

The sleeve is quite snug.

I think if you paid around $600 for this suit, its fair.