• Nov 30th, 2017 11:16 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4046 posts
502 upvotes
Thornhill

Help me buy this perfume: Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee

A family member wants it as a gift, but Sephora's $250+tax price for 200ml and $175 for 100ml is insane. Any place that sell these cheaper. I was even allowed to gift a used one lol... I am not trusting ebay with these as I've bought a fake perfume once from there. I am hoping to find 100ml under $100 or 200ml under $150 for new one.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11078 posts
1531 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Do they sell this at the duty free store?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4046 posts
502 upvotes
Thornhill
Becks wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:52 pm
Do they sell this at the duty free store?
Sure,but at similar high retail prices. Never found duty free shops to be cheap in any way, unless buying tobacco/alcohol
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4542 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
head on over to my perfume thread in the beauty section.

One of the RFD fragrance bro's might be able to help you out.

edit - I just checked fragrance buy and they don't discount this scent at all. Plus they are out of stock.

Might have to look for a reddit or basenotes split but if you want the original bottle and retail presentation you might be SOL other than paying the retail price.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4928 posts
773 upvotes
@dazz You missed the Sephora 20% off (for VIB Rouge and VIB) sale that happened 2 weeks ago. It is the best sale event of the year.

There is another discount event happening where:
$25 off $50 Nov. 30 for VIB Rouge (minimum $1000 spend per year to qualify)
$20 off $50 Dec. 1 for VIB (minimum $300 spend per year to qualify)
$15 off $50 for anyone who is/joins Beauty Insider...not sure when this starts.

1) At the Eaton Centre location, if you buy a full-size 100mL+ bottle, you can get a 30mL mini of any scent in addition for free with a cute little leather sleeve. The sleeve can furthermore be personalized/engraved. I saw the machine up at the Eglinton Sephora so they might have the same deal too, but you should call ahead to ask.

So basically you can technically get 100mL + 30mL for $175 (same as the 100mL alone) plus any discounts a Sephora insider gets...

...I also don't know what happens if you decide to return the 100mL bottle if you change your mind...as only the main bottle is given a receipt and not the little extra. (Please don't abuse this! but just saying...or at least this was how it was last year when I bought my Citron d'Erable. I ended up selling the little 30mL extra.)

2) If you know someone else who likes Atelier Cologne fragrances, perhaps you could "split" the purchase that way. You get them a 30mL mini of their choice...then you "charge" them $60 + tax for their bottle and you keep your 100mL Vanilla Insensee at $100 of the cost. ($175-$15 for upcoming discount.)

3) https://www.sephora.com/product/perfume ... id:p424569

The above is an incredible deal for the holidays (with a removal spray pump it says in description but a review says there is no pump)...you can buy like 4 of them for 4x7mL = 28mL of Vanilla Insensee alone at $60 (minus $15 if you join Beauty Insider in a few days, or if you know a VIB who will give you the discount.) Then you also get 28mL of the Orange Sanguine.

You may have you get a little fragrance spray/atomizer separately.

But it's like $45 for 28mL Vanilla Insensee + 28mL Orange Sanguine. Such a greeaaat deal haha. This is the "orange creamsicle" combo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4046 posts
502 upvotes
Thornhill
Thank you for all the advice.