Help me understand Freshco's price match policy

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 1:30 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2018
3 posts

Help me understand Freshco's price match policy

This is what I found about Freshco's price match policy through google:

"promise means if a major supermarket competitor within this store’s geographic trade area offers a lower price on any item that we carry in our store, simply show us their price on their flyer/ad (current) or receipt (within 7 days of purchase) and we will sell you that item for 1¢ less.
Applies to identical items (same brand, item type (in the case of produce, meat and bakery), size and attributes) or comparable items in the case of private label. Does not apply to prescriptions or gift cards.

Exclusions:
Excludes ‘spend x get x’; and ‘free’ promotions and discounts obtained through loyalty programs. We reserve the right to limit quantities. “Our major supermarket competitors”, “geographic trade areas” and “comparable items” are determined solely by us and are based on a number of factors that can change from time to time. "

At the store, I asked to price match a 10-pound bag of white potatoes, but the cashier was reluctant and said it had to be the same "brand". I thought with produce, it is sufficient to just match "item type", and brand only applies to packaged processed food items. Anyone know--Does brand matter when price matching raw vegetables?

Thanks.
1 reply

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)