Off Topic Archive

Locked: Help me: where to buy medical compression stockings?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2007 12:19 am
Tags:
None
Jun 8, 2005
13 posts
2 upvotes

Help me: where to buy medical compression stockings?

HI, My father, who lived outside of Canada, has suffered varicose vein problem. He needs thigh high medical compression stockings with at least 20-30mmHg. The country he lived has this kind of stockings, however, they are very thick. With summer comes, he can't stand them. Also the quality are very poor. I would like to get pairs for him from Canada since I think the quality here will be much better.

I went to Shoppers Drug mart and only found knee high stocking for men. Also I find one website selling them. However, I really would like to feel the thickness before I buy. So Could anyone tell me which store I should look into?

Thank you.

Jessica
Share:
6 replies
Jan 19, 2005
674 posts
Mississauga
Try Homehealth care centres (part of SDM) or Medical Mart @ Dixie and Eglinton in Mississauga

good luck!
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2422 posts
82 upvotes
therapist's choice - near yorkdale
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3569 posts
497 upvotes
Richmond
http://www.ameswalker.com/index.html

Sigvaris is a good brand; I know because I have to wear one on my right leg due to an old injury (30-40mmHg).

I bought locally from a medical supply store and it was $100+tax for one pair; I got 2 pair from Ames Walker for US$80 shipped to my door (no duty or taxes, just in my mailbox).

Good luck with your search. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
2908 posts
I got some compression socks from this place

MediChair

Unit 1B - 5293 Hwy 7 E
Markham ON
L3P 1B8

905-471-5224

They are located at the south-east corner of Hwy 7 and McCowan
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3055 posts
31 upvotes
Ames Walker (online) -- bought 2 pairs for my aunt. Also try Medical Mart on Eglinton and Dixie (Mississauga) or Bristol and Matheson (Mississauga).
My Heatware: 100% positive
× < >