None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8913 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto

HELP: MX700 Logitech mouse

i dunno if anyone else experiences this but on my cordless duo mx my mouse seems to be acting weird... when i scroll around webpages and on my desktop the speed is generally fast... but then i open explorer the scrolling speed is REALLY slow... and when i switch back to my desktop its fast again.. is my mouse defective?...
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2002
3339 posts
28 upvotes
West Coast
cmge wrote:i dunno if anyone else experiences this but on my cordless duo mx my mouse seems to be acting weird... when i scroll around webpages and on my desktop the speed is generally fast... but then i open explorer the scrolling speed is REALLY slow... and when i switch back to my desktop its fast again.. is my mouse defective?...
i have the same problems when I use Outlook 2003. Not sure what the dealio is
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6287 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Sounds kind of like an issue I had awhile ago.

The speed of my scrolling got really slow for all applications. It seemed to get a bit better on restarts. For some reason the problem always went away when I defragged my second hard drive which was close to capacity.

Since getting another hard drive(so none of my drives are near capacity) the problem hasn't come back.

Not really sure what the real cause was, or if this is similar to what you're experienceing.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2225 posts
72 upvotes
Ajax
Try updating your mouseware software, that might fix the problem. Also, check to see whetehr you have MS-compatible scroll enabled or not, and toggle that box.

I remember having this problem briefly (for about 10minutes) but it went away as soon as I toggled the MS-compatible scroll (now it's checked). I'm using version 9.79 as driver right now.