• Jan 4th, 2019 6:34 pm
Tags:
Aug 1, 2010
950 posts
526 upvotes
Montreal
redkulat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:28 am
What did you end up buying? I'm thinking of getting the Lumix G7 as a starter camera. It lacks some of the features I want, but it's still the most affordable camera in it's class.
If your focus is on the video, it's a great choice. For photos, I would go somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2673 posts
1330 upvotes
Toronto
aerok wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:35 am
If your focus is on the video, it's a great choice. For photos, I would go somewhere else.
I was going to get the a6300...but the RFD'er in me canceled the order. I couldn't justify spending $1k+ on something I would use a few times a year. It's definitely an amazing camera but for me I just wanted to take decent videos on trips and the occasional nice photo here and there.

Right now I'm using a gimbal and a Yi action camera....so anything really is a much needed upgrade lol.
Aug 1, 2010
950 posts
526 upvotes
Montreal
redkulat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:43 am
I was going to get the a6300...but the RFD'er in me canceled the order. I couldn't justify spending $1k+ on something I would use a few times a year. It's definitely an amazing camera but for me I just wanted to take decent videos on trips and the occasional nice photo here and there.

Right now I'm using a gimbal and a Yi action camera....so anything really is a much needed upgrade lol.
Ah then go for it, perfect for travel videos and occsional photos.
[OP]
Sep 16, 2006
892 posts
175 upvotes
Pickering
redkulat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:28 am
What did you end up buying? I'm thinking of getting the Lumix G7 as a starter camera. It lacks some of the features I want, but it's still the most affordable camera in it's class.
I got a T6