Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1117 posts
745 upvotes
Montreal
redkulat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:28 am
What did you end up buying? I'm thinking of getting the Lumix G7 as a starter camera. It lacks some of the features I want, but it's still the most affordable camera in it's class.
If your focus is on the video, it's a great choice. For photos, I would go somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2966 posts
1621 upvotes
Toronto
aerok wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:35 am
If your focus is on the video, it's a great choice. For photos, I would go somewhere else.
I was going to get the a6300...but the RFD'er in me canceled the order. I couldn't justify spending $1k+ on something I would use a few times a year. It's definitely an amazing camera but for me I just wanted to take decent videos on trips and the occasional nice photo here and there.

Right now I'm using a gimbal and a Yi action camera....so anything really is a much needed upgrade lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1117 posts
745 upvotes
Montreal
redkulat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:43 am
I was going to get the a6300...but the RFD'er in me canceled the order. I couldn't justify spending $1k+ on something I would use a few times a year. It's definitely an amazing camera but for me I just wanted to take decent videos on trips and the occasional nice photo here and there.

Right now I'm using a gimbal and a Yi action camera....so anything really is a much needed upgrade lol.
Ah then go for it, perfect for travel videos and occsional photos.
[OP]
Sep 16, 2006
898 posts
178 upvotes
Pickering
redkulat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:28 am
What did you end up buying? I'm thinking of getting the Lumix G7 as a starter camera. It lacks some of the features I want, but it's still the most affordable camera in it's class.
I got a T6
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2966 posts
1621 upvotes
Toronto
kangmlee wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:35 am

Mistersprinkles wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 6:34 pm
I got a T6
I ended up getting the G7. It's not bad but I can see where the faults are. I think eventually I'd love a Sony A7ii.

I made this earlier in the year. It definitely did a good job but the auto focus isn't great. Ended up using a lot of manual focus.