Automotive

Help - Ontario Driver's License Renewal (G2 -> G)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2011 5:51 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 2, 2011
4 posts
3 upvotes
WATERLOO

Help - Ontario Driver's License Renewal (G2 -> G)

Hi,

I passed my G road test last month, approximately 1 month before the expiry of my G2 license. DriveTest issued a Temporary Driver's License with the same expiry date as my G2 license.

I have not received a new plastic card (it's only been about two weeks since the test). Will the new permanent license I receive as a result of passing my G road test have another 5-year validity?

Will I even be getting a new plastic card since it's so close to the expiry already or will I need to visit ServiceOntario to renew my license?

Thanks!
2 replies
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
eltorpe wrote: Hi,

I passed my G road test last month, approximately 1 month before the expiry of my G2 license. DriveTest issued a Temporary Driver's License with the same expiry date as my G2 license.

I have not received a new plastic card (it's only been about two weeks since the test). Will the new permanent license I receive as a result of passing my G road test have another 5-year validity?

Will I even be getting a new plastic card since it's so close to the expiry already or will I need to visit ServiceOntario to renew my license?

Thanks!

Did you pay a $75 license renewal fee after you took your G test?
If you didn't, then you need to go visit a drive test centre and renew it.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Sep 2, 2011
4 posts
3 upvotes
WATERLOO
AcidBomber wrote: Did you pay a $75 license renewal fee after you took your G test?
If you didn't, then you need to go visit a drive test centre and renew it.

No, I didn't. I guess I'll visit a Driver License Issuing Office next week then. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)