• Nov 23rd, 2005 1:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
Out of curiosity, how old are you?

I suspect that if you had been 40 years old the story would have been different. They wouldn't have hassled you has much to pay for everything.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
mart242 wrote:Out of curiosity, how old are you?

I suspect that if you had been 40 years old the story would have been different. They wouldn't have hassled you has much to pay for everything.
I would say the gender of the OP would play some role in the outcome as well. It's unfortunate, but the similarities to the pricing of car service to women customers at the mechanics still exist.
Jan 19, 2005
674 posts
Mississauga
im 22...and yes female =\

everythigns paid and done..im just so glad this thing is all cleared up and finished!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
2008 posts
10 upvotes
hot_potato wrote:Sorry to hear about your hassles - next time you have a flat tire, you might want to consider using one of those emergency tire foam spray cans that you can get from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] for maybe 10 bucks at most.
That's a great idea! It's called Inflate-a-Seal or something like that. I've used it and it works well. Once you put it into your tire, you still have to inflate the tire but then it holds the air for quite a while. That would've allowed japcutie to drive back into Ontario before calling for assistance, but the Inflate-a-Seal would've allowed her to drive back to Enterprise too.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1282 posts
1 upvote
sparkplug wrote:That's a great idea! It's called Inflate-a-Seal or something like that. I've used it and it works well. Once you put it into your tire, you still have to inflate the tire but then it holds the air for quite a while. That would've allowed japcutie to drive back into Ontario before calling for assistance, but the Inflate-a-Seal would've allowed her to drive back to Enterprise too.
And let the next customer deal with the problem :cheesygri :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
hehe...so hard to distinguish gender on the internet...esp. harder now since females also use the term "pwned" :cheesygri
Nov 18, 2003
82 posts
6 upvotes
canadiantofu wrote:How is the contract voided?

Does it say in your contract that you can not leave ontario?
Did you put your initial next to a clause to agree that you will only drive in Ontario?

I find it hard to beleive that the 23 dollars you paid for insurance is only based upon you use the car in Ontario.

Here is a section of a standard Enterprise contract:

Permission granted to operate vehicle only in the province of rental and the following province(s) or states:

--- LIST OF PROVINCES ---

Operation in any other province or country will affect your liability and rights under this agreement.

You don't have to initial next to it, but they usually discuss it.
Jan 19, 2005
674 posts
Mississauga
trixR4kids wrote:how much was the total cost?
just for the car contract is $445, but i would include the $50 for gas b/c we used that gas to go back to montreal to swap the enterprise cars...oh plus the $40 for the taxi to drive us to enterprise to get a relief car

so ya..like under $550

for a car rental for a weekend trip to montreal >____<

i dont even have a FT job yet...anyone know of anyone that needs a nurse for a clinic or something?? ;D hahah