Personal Finance

Help! RBC chequing account is there a way to link external accounts?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2015 11:50 am
Tags:
None
Dec 25, 2005
168 posts
86 upvotes

Help! RBC chequing account is there a way to link external accounts?

Hey all,

I just got an rbc banking account, their interface isn't as obvious to me as Tangerine. Is it even possible to link external accounts to their system? I can't seem to find a place to link external bank accounts (I'd like to do some transfers). I'd like to avoid calling them, hate waiting on the phone rather do things myself.

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
No. You cannot link accounts from RBC side. You will have to link your RBC account by setting up a link on the Tangerine side and pull money from RBC using Tangerine (which will be subject to your hold limits/release)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2012
1047 posts
490 upvotes
Trois-Rivières, QC
If the external account is at Tangerine, PC Financial or another virtual bank, why not link your RBC account there instead?

If that's not an option, FYI, transfers from an external account to an RBC loan, credit line, mortgage and perhaps investment are possible. You need to go to an RBC branch and bring a void cheque drawn on the external account.

You could also transfer funds simply by writing a cheque from one account and depositing it in the other account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)