Computers & Electronics

Help recording IP camera to Dropbox/cloud?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2018 7:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1921 posts
136 upvotes
Guelph

Help recording IP camera to Dropbox/cloud?

Hey guys hoping for some good suggestions on free/least expensive ways to store motion activated recordings from my amcrest ip camera on a cloud type service to access outside my home network potentially.

Definitely don’t want software that requires more hardware (don’t want to need a computer or raspi or anything constantly running)

I found some online options that claim to be able to facilitate this, but their annual fees made buying an NVR sound more cost effective. Any free solutions worth checking out. Other suggestions?

Just want my ip cam to record motion activated events somewhere that I can access whether I’m home or not. Thanks!
1 reply
Aug 19, 2018
461 posts
406 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 7:22 pm
Definitely don’t want software that requires more hardware (don’t want to need a computer or raspi or anything constantly running)
What is the existing hardware? Just the armcrest IP camera? Are you not able to use the build in software running on the amcrest? If so, where do you expect this "software" to run on if you don't want anything to be constantly running?