Just myself

Point of Origin + alternatives
YVR

Star/ratings + meal requirements
None

Optional:
Just round flight.

Thank you!

Any links to good websites to check out will definitely help as well!
Aug 3, 2006
874 posts
122 upvotes
So I had an aeroplan\air canada YYZ to SEA direct return flight booked from like last October and apparently they just changed it from direct flight to a layover.

So my itinerary is now is now YYZ > YVR > SEA and SEA > SFO > YYZ

I mean I booked a trip Saturday to Saturday to avoid any layovers. The trip is in a couple weeks. I plan on calling Aeroplan, but I assume the chances of me getting on my original flight is slim to none? I notice the flight still exists on the Air Canada site so I don't understand why they would bump me. Even if they over sold, I booked in October, I assume there were people after me who booked those flights that should more likely be bumped.

Anyone ever have this happen to them?
Yo, if the rap game is whack, everybody's blamin you
You from brooklyn? Then biggie must be ashamed of you
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
8981 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
BUDGET
$1200 per person or under

DATES
Leaving April 1,2,3,4 - 3 nights

Destination
Somewhere warm and sunny on the beach. Jamaica, Cancun, Riviera, Dominican.
Looking for all inclusive resort. First time travelling with 1 year old

Who's traveling
1 male and 1 female (couple) and 1 year old son

YYZ

Prefer 4 stars or above, all inclusive.

Food: Do not matter. All inclusive so must be variety of food.
Looking for kid friendly resort. Also if not much price difference then a direct flight if not much price difference
Jun 18, 2009
73 posts
2 upvotes
Leaving May 4th from Pearson (YYZ) to Sydney Australia (SYD)

Returning May 17th from SYD (Australia) to Pearson (YYZ)

Any Airline, any itinerary, competitive pricing (but prefer to stick with a large name airline and not the ryan air/cheapo ones)

1 male (adult) ticket
Jul 31, 2011
443 posts
341 upvotes
Hamilton
kamikazi wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2015 2:34 pm
Leaving May 4th from Pearson (YYZ) to Sydney Australia (SYD)

Returning May 17th from SYD (Australia) to Pearson (YYZ)

Any Airline, any itinerary, competitive pricing (but prefer to stick with a large name airline and not the ryan air/cheapo ones)

1 male (adult) ticket
Cheapest I am seeing for you is $1,774.. not that much of a deal for Australia. Combo of AC and United.. pretty bad layover on the way there in LAX. Even with flexible dates (plus or minus one or two days) there was no real savings

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Pz0RPSR.png[/IMG]
Apr 28, 2002
505 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Hello, Lookign for some help with flights, the rest we plant to wing it with hostels and some pre-booked hotels.

BUDGET
$1900 (For Main Flight to get us from YYZ-->SGN, then REP --> HKG (around 1 week layover) --> YYZ

DATES
Flexible but looking at July 10th (Late Afternoon) or July 11th (early morning 2am?) arriving back home in Toronto August 17th for work (red eye flight is ok)

Preferred destination
Leaving YYZ --> SGN, REP --> HKG (August 9 or 10), HKG --> YYZ

Who's traveling
4 Adult's aroudn 30 years old.

Optional:
Going from SGN --> Nha Trang (Bus), Nha Trang --> Hanoi (fly), Hanoi --> Luang Prabang (fly), Luang Prabang --> Pakse (fly), Pakse --> Siem Reap (fly), Siem Reap --> HKG (fly), HKG --> YYZ (fly)

Thanks!!
ERTW!!
Jun 18, 2009
73 posts
2 upvotes
1 adult ticket.

May 4th: Toronto, Canada (YYZ) -> Sydney, Australia (SYD) -> Gold Coast, Australia
May 17th: Sydney, Australia (SYD)-> Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Jul 31, 2011
443 posts
341 upvotes
Hamilton
kamikazi wrote:
Mar 25th, 2015 11:12 am
1 adult ticket.

May 4th: Toronto, Canada (YYZ) -> Sydney, Australia (SYD) -> Gold Coast, Australia
May 17th: Sydney, Australia (SYD)-> Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Not sure why you are posting this again, I already found you tickets for this itinerary... the price has gone up now to $1,812 for the best deal. You should probably book before it raises more
Dec 23, 2007
358 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
Looking to take my first vacation down south but know nothing of resorts. They all look the same and all have similar negative reviews.

Budget: ideally $1500 per person or under

Dates: anything after April 18th, 2015 to mid-May

Destination: Warm sunny beach. 2 adults 1 13-year old.

Starting in Ottawa

Rating 5-star
All-inclusive
Relaxing atmosphere but with activities.
white sand beaches, not manmade beaches with pebbles.

Thanks!
Feb 21, 2008
35 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
BUDGET: $1,200 - $1,350
DATES: May 15 - 21 (fixed. It does seem a Friday departure has a dip in price)
Preferred destination: Punta Cana
Who's traveling: My wife and I (in our 40s)
Point of Origin: Toronto
Star/ratings + meal requirements: 4-5 stars, all-inclusive
Atmosphere: Relaxing
Optional: First time to either Mexico/Cuba/Dominican. Any info about hidden costs helps (e.g., $5/day for safe, Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be free, Sunwing you have to pay for airport taxes, all other airlines, it's paid for, etc). General tips and tricks about finding the right resort in Punta Cana.

Any one better than the other? tripcentral.ca, redtag.ca, itravel2000, selloffvacations, flighcentre. Any site to avoid?

Do I book now or wait? Someone suggested 4-6 weeks in advance. Is Redtag.ca price drop guarantee reliable? Or is there a fine print?
Mar 8, 2015
93 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
one19 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2015 8:20 pm
BUDGET: $1,200 - $1,350
DATES: May 15 - 21 (fixed. It does seem a Friday departure has a dip in price)
Preferred destination: Punta Cana
Who's traveling: My wife and I (in our 40s)
Point of Origin: Toronto
Star/ratings + meal requirements: 4-5 stars, all-inclusive
Atmosphere: Relaxing
Optional: First time to either Mexico/Cuba/Dominican. Any info about hidden costs helps (e.g., $5/day for safe, Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be free, Sunwing you have to pay for airport taxes, all other airlines, it's paid for, etc). General tips and tricks about finding the right resort in Punta Cana.

Any one better than the other? tripcentral.ca, redtag.ca, itravel2000, selloffvacations, flighcentre. Any site to avoid?

Do I book now or wait? Someone suggested 4-6 weeks in advance. Is Redtag.ca price drop guarantee reliable? Or is there a fine print?
Here's my answers to some of your questions.

Any info about hidden costs helps (e.g., $5/day for safe, Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be free, Sunwing you have to pay for airport taxes, all other airlines, it's paid for, etc). General tips and tricks about finding the right resort in Punta Cana. It all depends on the package you choose, the resort, the destination and the carrier. I'd say 90% of resorts do not charge for the use of their safe - I've never paid for one while travelling. Wifi varies, some resorts have access to it in public areas for free, others include your room to have access for free, I believe all airport taxes are included in the price you pay for your package as of May 1st - but again you would double check after you select a destination.

No site is better then another. All package prices are regulated by the carrier meaning no agency is allowed to offer discounts. If they do, they will be banned from selling. Any published price you see for a vacation will be the same no matter which site you look at. You're alternative is booking through an agent. Again, prices are all the same, but by working with an agent you have someone that is dedicated specifically to you.

Do I book now or wait? Someone suggested 4-6 weeks in advance. Is Redtag.ca price drop guarantee reliable? Or is there a fine print? I would book now for a May vacation. Price drop guarantee is not what it seems to be. There is fine print. The fine print generally states something along the lines of receiving a discount only if the price of the EXACT SAME package drops. But this is not as simple as it seems. Each package is assigned a "class", every time the prices change the class changes. So this means the vacation you booked may drop in price, but you would have booked class G and tomorrow when the price drops it is not referred to as class H so you do not get a discount. I hope I explained it well enough for you. Basically, I wouldn't book with a particular agency because of a price drop protection because that kind of promotion rarely pays out.
Aug 6, 2012
300 posts
24 upvotes
EDMONTON
BUDGET
Looking to spend less than 1000 if possible on the hotel and flight. Would be okay with spending upwards of 1250. The cheaper the better.

DATES
Pretty flexible, would prefer sometime around April 23rd to May 4th. Not a huge time gap, but that's when i'll be the most available, and hopefully there's some last minute deals.

Preferred destination
Anywhere all inclusive. Mexico and Cuba would be ideal.

Who's traveling
Around 5+ young adults.

We'd be in the Edmonton region

All Inclusive would be nice, relaxing or partying doesn't matter. Hoping to find a place that's at least 4 stars. From our understanding a lot of these 4 star hotels, don't actually feel like 4 star hotels. We'd prefer something that feels like a 4 star hotel.

Optional:
Would prefer a package if possible. So ideally a hotel + flight that Includes a shuttle from the airport to the resort.

Thanks for the help guys!
Oct 2, 2006
134 posts
11 upvotes
BUDGET
Looking to spend less than 3500 Total if possible on the hotel and flight. The cheaper the better.

DATES
Pretty flexible, anytime after June 7. Would prefer 9 nights 10 days or 10 nights 11 days

Preferred destination
All inclusive in Puerto Vallarta

Who's traveling
2 Adults
1 Child, 2 years old
1 Infant, under 1

Vancouver

Looking specifically at the Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta or the Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

I have found deals for $3700 but looking to save a bit more
Thanks Guys
Feb 21, 2008
35 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
vancityallstar93 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2015 1:12 pm
BUDGET 3500

DATES anytime after June 7

Preferred destination All inclusive in Puerto Vallarta

Who's traveling 2 Adults + 2

Point of Origin Vancouver

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta or the Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
All you really have to do is keep on watching the prices. June is off season so you don't need to book ahead. Since you're flexible on the dates, I'd say you can book around 4 weeks before departure. If you're feeling lucky, you can wait til closer to the date. I really like the grid structure of TripCentral.ca for monitoring the pricing. For example, you can just visit this link to see how the prices are: http://bit.ly/vancity93. In the next 1-2 weeks, you'll see a pattern (e.g., what days would be cheaper to depart -- looks like Saturday for you, when do the prices bottom out -- that's a hit and miss thing). All I know about the prices is that for off season, they would never be cheaper if you buy early.

I recently booked a vacation for Punta Cana for May 15th at $1,365 per person. The price right now is $1,235 and if I were flexible on the days, it's $1,195. Since we had too many variables set -- destination, specific resort, specific departure date -- and it being my first time, I booked early.
Dec 4, 2013
19 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
Hi,

Looking for first trip down south for my and my girlfriend. doesnt matter where, just want sunny beach, something all inclusive.

Budget $1200 per person
Origin: Toronto Pearson
Date: April 29th to May 6th

any help on websites would be greatly appreciated.

we were checking about 2 weeks ago and say prices around $700, now all prices are over $1000pp. Same 4 star hotels. Does anyone know why the price jump and in this situation would it better to wait for last minute deals. IF so, how long before hand should be expect to get the best deal >24hrs before day of depature?

Our first time going to Cuba/Mexico/wherever south. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)