35 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
piedpipper wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2015 7:15 am
Budget $1200 per person
Origin: Toronto Pearson
Date: April 29th to May 6th
we were checking about 2 weeks ago and say prices around $700, now all prices are over $1000pp. Same 4 star hotels. Does anyone know why the price jump and in this situation would it better to wait for last minute deals. IF so, how long before hand should be expect to get the best deal >24hrs before day of depature?
Based on my experience (we're going to Punta Cana on May 15), the best time to buy is about 4-6 weeks before. We purchased our tickets $1,365 (Mar 26, too early). We saw the price go down to about $1,195 and today it's about $1,600. There's no clear pattern on the prices. But it seems that the 4 star and up resorts start to go up in cost as you get closer to the date. Last minute deals seem to be for resorts 3 star or less.

Since you're flexible in the destination, the grid structure of TripCentral.ca is a great tool to check out options for those days. Check out http://bit.ly/piedpipper. From that link, it looks like your options are Cuba (cheapest), Mexico, and Dominican Republic. From this link, you can drill down by country/city/resort.

It's my first time, too, so I could be wrong. But I did a lot of research in planning our trip. Hope this helps
Feb 27, 2009
59 posts
50 upvotes
Budget: Max $1200 per person (2 adults, early 20s)
Origin: Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal (flexible)
Destination: Prague, catching the return flight from Vienna (multi-city flight)
Date: June 26th to July 12th (Return flight from Vienna, not Prague) - unfortunately dates aren't flexible

Thanks in advance guys!
Feb 21, 2008
35 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
torontoballer333 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2015 8:09 pm
Budget: Max $1200 per person (2 adults, early 20s)
Origin: Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal (flexible)
Destination: Prague, catching the return flight from Vienna (multi-city flight)
Date: June 26th to July 12th (Return flight from Vienna, not Prague) - unfortunately dates aren't flexible

Thanks in advance guys!
Doesn't look like this thread is active. Based on requirements, you're better off talking to a travel agent.
Jun 15, 2012
975 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
hey, just spoke to itavel200 apparently there is a sunwing $50 voucher kicking around that i can use with them. anyone have one they could share or know where i could get one
Mar 8, 2015
93 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PercyJones wrote:
May 5th, 2015 4:02 pm
hey, just spoke to itavel200 apparently there is a sunwing $50 voucher kicking around that i can use with them. anyone have one they could share or know where i could get one

Ask SunWing how you can get it. I had a client use one yesterday, it was issued to her from a previous trip. Generally they are gifts for completing customer satisfaction surveys (in person while on vacation) or compensation for flight delays
Nov 3, 2009
420 posts
103 upvotes
Quicky question: When does Sunwing release their Christmas YVR-YYZ schedules for booking?
Mar 8, 2015
93 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Scott M. wrote:
May 19th, 2015 4:21 pm
Quicky question: When does Sunwing release their Christmas YVR-YYZ schedules for booking?
Are you just looking for a flight from Vancouver to Toronto? Sunwing is usually higher priced then West Jet
Nov 3, 2009
420 posts
103 upvotes
In previous years, Sunwing's Christmas fares for YVR-YYZ-YVR were dramatically lower than Westjet or Air Canada. We've got a fixed schedule and want to make sure we grab our best selection as soon as we can.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1951 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
anybody know if July is a good season to go to AI resorts? i was thinknig mexico or Panama etc

has anyone gone during the July periods? how is the pricing and weather?
Nov 18, 2012
618 posts
214 upvotes
Longueuil
hey i need help if anyone has access to quick special deals.
2 kids 2 adults montreal to HKT. Shortest time possible(2kids) no USA(1 parent needs transit visa and that could take forever to get).. Best i can get is 4k CAD~ We also have a lot of luggage. Very flexible on date/hrs and i could drive to an other airport if i could save a lot on it. Should be a way to lower from 4.3k when through usa is 3k including taxes.

around 20-25 aug, could do bit before/after.

thanks a lot
Mar 30, 2011
259 posts
64 upvotes
Going to New York.

- 1 adult
- Toronto to NYC
- Oct 31-Nov 2 or Nov 6-9 (prefer afternoon arrival in NYC and late departure, but flexible)

Looking for deals less than $200 round trip

Thanks

UPDATED: Date change
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1747 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for any base fare off discounts from Air Canada, or any other deals to travel from SFO / SJC to YYZ towards the end of August.
Sep 29, 2014
286 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Anyone have a good promo link or anything for Niagara falls Canadian sideside For this Saturday?? Thx
Dec 10, 2007
318 posts
42 upvotes
toronto
Looking for hotel recommendations/deals only (something close to the falls?)

BUDGET
Upper max limit: $500 total
Preferred limit: ~300-400 total

DATES
Thursday August 20 to Sunday August 23
Original plan was to stay just Friday night and back on Saturday but if there's a deal that won't cost too much extra we wouldn't mind staying an extra night or two.

Preferred destination
Niagara Falls

Who's traveling
2 Adults, mid 20s

Point of Origin
Toronto

Star/ratings + meal requirements
Preferably a decent hotel that won't break the bank, don't think the SO will want a motel.

Notes:
I normally don't do the booking for hotels but the SO asked me to look up deals if there are any for that weekend. I'm not too knowledgeable either on normal pricing for hotels or what kind of hotel deals are out there. I'm a super novice when it comes to looking up room rates, it seems like on that weekend the rooms are like around ~200/night? Would appreciate any tips for where to look or is this the normal rate I should expect?

Also we usually go like once every 2-3 years so we normally just do random stuff we normally do when we go, if anyone has any suggestions for things to do or places to eat feel free to toss some at me.
Mar 7, 2009
15 posts
Cambridge, Ontario
okay I am looking to you experts to help me.

Where- Cuba. All inclusive resort. I would like to be within reasonable distance to Havana.
When- leaving Toronto between August 2 and 22 for 5 to 7 days.
Who- 2 adults.
Cost- 1500 total
My husband hates laying on a beach so we need to be near lots of activity as he has ADHD and will drive me crazy if he isn't busy. Lol. Thanks Ronnie

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)