Help us settle family debate - drop by with your strong opinion ;-)
We're averse to buying new - so much $$ - but want to buy new enough that we don't need to think about repairs for a while. Safety, reliability and functionality very important, we're not obsessed with trims or upgrades. (Though do want a reversing camera.) Good on gas a big bonus! We're a family of four, kids are out of car seats. Would be great if this thing had some resale value in four or five years' time.
If presented with the following choices, which would you go for and why? And which would you avoid? (The first three are all dealer cars FYI.)
1. 2015 Honda CR-V EX AWD, factory warranty valid til Nov/22 or 160k, 70,000kms, $22,000
2. 2017 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD, ex-rental, factory warranty til 60k/powertrain to 100k, 46,000kms, $22,900
3. 2017 Toyota Sienna L, ex-rental, factory warranty til 60k/powertrain to 100k, 52,000kms, $22,900
4. lease a new SUV or minivan for three years then decide whether to take the buyout
5. forget the warranty, save money and roll the dice on a pre-2014 used van/SUV for under $10-15,000 (and if so, which one!)