HELP - we need to get our roof done....
- 1974 built bungalow
- roof was last done 13 years ago (really bad job)
- total area is 2700 sq feet
- roof incline is not steep, I've been on the roof many times
Best quote so far:
- $5500 all-in
- remove old shingles
- repair roof deck as required (2 free sheets, $50 thereafter)
- ice & water guard 3 feed from eaves and rakes, also stacks, vents, valleys, and chimmney
- felt underlayment accross entire roof
- 40 year laminate shingles (Roof Shake 40)
- chimney flashings
- upgrade roof vents to 50 sq inches
- change all plumbing stacks
- 10 year labour warranty
From there the quotes go from $4700 (25 year ashvolt) up to $8000 .
So help me out please everyone.... is this a good deal, should I shop around further?
I've received quotes from everyone like avenue roofing, let it rain... etc etc.
Oh - one more thing. We have normal square vents plus one turbine. Guy is saying you must remove the turbine, is this true???
Thanks for your help!