Art and Photography

Henrys on Queen/Church closing blowout sale?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2010 11:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2004
1507 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Good riddance, that store was a waste of valuable real estate. Most of the stuff they had there was either junk, over-priced, or both. If they put another pawn shop in that space, I'll be no worse off.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1543 posts
147 upvotes
neltron3030 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 10:19 am
I think it's the lack of FREE parking that everyone is complaining about. So RFD!
+1. :cheesygri

Plus traffic downtown is much worse than in the suburbs.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7897 posts
927 upvotes
slomo wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 10:50 am

+2, and I live on the northern edge of York Region, I consider a trip to downtown Toronto to be pretty much an all-day trip :D
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3726 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
To each his own. It'll be convenient for the people who live in the area, but I don't know how many people will be willing to drive to the Mississauga / Oakville border for overpriced clearance gear.

At least the Queen / Church location benefited from walk-in traffic and proximity to the other big camera stores. Winston Churchill / Dundas is big-box city and only really accessible if you have a car.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2004
3536 posts
Moose Jaw, SK
Lulz wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 8:42 am
<snip> Extreme Cold Alert at -20
Ha HA Ha Ha!!! -20 is an extreme cold alert down there???? That's actually quite comfortable out here on the prairies when there is no ridiculous winds blowing (which is most of the time!) We get extreme wind chill warnings though!
Jun 30, 2009
804 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I went earlier today. Nothing great. They have film SLR bodies 2/$45 and lenses 3/$30 (most looked to be in rough condition). Some tripods (such as a Henry's 100th Anniversary for $99), frames (assorted for $4.99), and the rest is discounted a little bit. Most DSLR compatible lenses are not on sale and still overpriced. They had some that were 50% off though. Very few Canon mount leses, more Nikon, Pentax and Monolta. Stuff like old Sigma and Tamron telezooms, and wide angle zooms. Best to give them a call if you have anything specific you were looking for.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
1169 posts
95 upvotes
slomo wrote:

Not really. I've lived and driven in both, and as long as you know your way around downtown, driving isn't a problem. It's just the suburbanites sticking to the main roads and being afraid to take the "long" way to save time that find it slow. :)

I rarely visit the outlet store, because it's not worth it. I'll never visit it in Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3018 posts
329 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 11:14 am
+2, and I live on the northern edge of York Region, I consider a trip to downtown Toronto to be pretty much an all-day trip :D
I don't know which part of York region, but if you're anywhere east, you're probably a lot closer to downtown vs. Mississauga.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
726 upvotes
slomo wrote:

Not even close. Around where it is moving I spend far more time at stop lights and sitting around (especially during rush hours periods) than I even do when downtown.
May 1, 2009
59 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
been there today, got a lense just for fun... old nikkor 70-210mm for $65+tax. There's some other nikkor lens for less than $100 after 50%off
Dec 24, 2007
91 posts
Brampton
twotterdhc6 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 10:16 am
Is the Dundas/Winston Churchill location confirmed?

The sign at Henry's Outlet says the new location will be in "South Mississauga"... I don't really consider Dundas/Winston Churchill South Mississauga. I was really hoping it'd be close to Port Credit or something.
I guess they should say "south west mississauga".......south of Dundas/Winston Churhcill you are in Oakville. It's a 5 min drive on the QEW or 403 to get from Port Credit to Dundas/Winston Churchill....I guess they're going to open around that Best Buy / Big Box Store Complex.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1115 posts
10 upvotes
[price check on tamron 17-50mm nikon mount?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
Typing this from my cell phone.
Just checked their stock and they don't have any 17-50mm of Canon/Nikon mount.
Their selection of lenses is really low. They have one or two primes for Canon/Nikon mount, and their zooms are basic zooms that you wouldn't really buy because you either have them, or just don't need them (a.k.a. kits)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2008
4938 posts
64 upvotes
York Region
twotterdhc6 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 10:16 am
Is the Dundas/Winston Churchill location confirmed?

The sign at Henry's Outlet says the new location will be in "South Mississauga"... I don't really consider Dundas/Winston Churchill South Mississauga. I was really hoping it'd be close to Port Credit or something.
South is considered Dundas, yes - along with queensway/lakeshore

Burhamthorpe/Eglinton Considered "Middle"

Britannia/Derry considered North.
York Region is best region!
Apr 20, 2005
460 posts
26 upvotes
Lulz wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 6:58 pm
Typing this from my cell phone.
Just checked their stock and they don't have any 17-50mm of Canon/Nikon mount.
Their selection of lenses is really low. They have one or two primes for Canon/Nikon mount, and their zooms are basic zooms that you wouldn't really buy because you either have them, or just don't need them (a.k.a. kits)
Any 'decent' lens will be in the cases at their main store, seems like most of the stuff at the outlet store is a little more.... 'utilized'.