Travel

Here is a list of Last Minute Travel Sites...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 11:07 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2008
1282 posts
44 upvotes
i have time off booked starting feb 10 and wonder if i should wait for last minute deal to come up for mexico or cuba or buy now. I've been looking at few places and havent really noticed that much of a price difference between last minute and regular booking. I just don't want to miss out and screw my vacation, so need some advice.

Thank you
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3209 posts
375 upvotes
Torana
AndrewShev wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2016 2:56 am
i have time off booked starting feb 10 and wonder if i should wait for last minute deal to come up for mexico or cuba or buy now. I've been looking at few places and havent really noticed that much of a price difference between last minute and regular booking. I just don't want to miss out and screw my vacation, so need some advice.

Thank you
My advice? Set a budget and book when you have something within budget. I've been doing AI's since 2003 1-2 times per year and I used to track prices with excel when I had the time and had no kids. Prices fluctuate, but that's the nature of the beast. Some go up and some go down. You'll feel better if you see prices going up and you'll feel bad if you see them go down. I wouldn't waste my time trying to track when the best time to book is. Just book when you see something you can afford. Tripcentral has an excellent pricing grid I use every time for comparison.

We stay at 5 stars only and I've paid anywhere between $600-$2200 pp tax in. My booking times have been between 2 weeks and 6 months prior to departure. If I see something within budget today I'll book it. If not, I'll wait. I'm actually looking right now for Feb/Mar as my schedule opened up ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1091 posts
110 upvotes
Calgary
Aggy wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2016 6:37 am
My advice? Set a budget and book when you have something within budget. I've been doing AI's since 2003 1-2 times per year and I used to track prices with excel when I had the time and had no kids. Prices fluctuate, but that's the nature of the beast. Some go up and some go down. You'll feel better if you see prices going up and you'll feel bad if you see them go down. I wouldn't waste my time trying to track when the best time to book is. Just book when you see something you can afford. Tripcentral has an excellent pricing grid I use every time for comparison.

We stay at 5 stars only and I've paid anywhere between $600-$2200 pp tax in. My booking times have been between 2 weeks and 6 months prior to departure. If I see something within budget today I'll book it. If not, I'll wait. I'm actually looking right now for Feb/Mar as my schedule opened up ;)
I agree with www.tripcentral.com for getting a price range on a grid. Shows available weeks, days and locations, and helps you pick a date range that seems to have lower price range for whatever reason. We found a hot deal over xmas, I wanted to leave on Dec 24, as that was my first day off work, but tripcentral showed me that if I left on the 23rd Dec. we could save $500 on the trip. We booked on the 23, and had a fantastic xmas in the sun for $1360/pp. We found this trip 6 days before departure, but I agree, you can find deals a few weeks before, to a week before. Earlier than 6 weeks before, you can pay full price for the most part.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3209 posts
375 upvotes
Torana
Anyone else having trouble getting itravel2000 to work properly on Chrome? Works fine on other browsers for me.

While I'm at it, I'm surprised that alot of these travel sites are not mobile friendly.
Dec 31, 2015
225 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm looking to go on an all inclusive vacation within the next 2 weeks anybody know my best bet for finding a nice deal... The sales seem to be alot more hidden verses flights.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4137 posts
158 upvotes
Peterborough
chaddix7 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 11:36 am
I'm looking to go on an all inclusive vacation within the next 2 weeks anybody know my best bet for finding a nice deal... The sales seem to be alot more hidden verses flights.
As mentioned before all sites offer the same prices. As such, book whatever falls within your budget - prices might go up or down, no way to tell.
PSN ID: SaabFanatic
Jul 16, 2007
275 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
kotoula wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 10:40 pm
I agree with www.tripcentral.com for getting a price range on a grid. Shows available weeks, days and locations, and helps you pick a date range that seems to have lower price range for whatever reason. We found a hot deal over xmas, I wanted to leave on Dec 24, as that was my first day off work, but tripcentral showed me that if I left on the 23rd Dec. we could save $500 on the trip. We booked on the 23, and had a fantastic xmas in the sun for $1360/pp. We found this trip 6 days before departure, but I agree, you can find deals a few weeks before, to a week before. Earlier than 6 weeks before, you can pay full price for the most part.
It's actually www.tripcentral.ca - .com gives you a fake page
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Halton
so... are last minute travel deals dead?
we are a family of 5 and have been looking for SOMETHING south (AI most likely) leaving Toronto or Buffalo late this week and everything is going up up up
(I know the family of 5 is a nuance, but what can you do)

I can see the internet taking the magic out by leveling the playing field but whatever happened to those great last minute getaways to Mexico or Dominican ... we went to cuba last year so hoping for something else

best I'm looking at is $1,200/Per person for a week!
are we playing "chicken" with resorts waiting to see if we don't go somewhere or if we pay through the nose
(let's be honest, I know $1,200 is not "paying through the nose", just relative to "a deal")
Apr 23, 2008
390 posts
52 upvotes
Kanata
I've been told numerous times from travel agents that last minute deals don't exist anymore... But really, you should just have a price in mind and when you see it (whether it's 6 months before or a week before) or if it's close enough and you're comfortable with it, then buy buy and don't look back.

Have you checked selloffvacations.com and itravel2000.com? I see lots of last minute deals, although I don't know how much they usually go for (not last minute). Good luck!
Banned
Oct 18, 2016
34 posts
20 upvotes
Wonderful, very useful information. I would like to add cheapoair.ca and momondo.ca to that list. Only one remark: Be careful when you purchase hotel or air tickets. It very ordinarily for some Last Minute Travel Sites: after you enter information about your credit card, the price may increase, sometimes even by 50-60 CAD. So, you may find that you have paid more than you expected, and, very often you realize it only after you already clicked the pay button.
Jul 14, 2016
60 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wanted to add here a new bus tickets booking website. They also have mobile app. Can book a last minute bus ticket almost anywhere in Canada, USA, both AMercias and Europe.
www.busbud.com

You can also register and setup the alert for any particular direction. OSmetimes they can go on flash sales for $1 and $3. They call it "The Dollar Bus Club".

Here for example Vancouver to Seattle bus schedule, bus stops and description.
They work with many bus companies like Greyhound, Megabus, Boltbus and even have reviews for every provider and every route from users.
Apr 28, 2012
836 posts
226 upvotes
QC
Aerya wrote:
Aug 17th, 2016 10:46 pm
I've been told numerous times from travel agents that last minute deals don't exist anymore... But really, you should just have a price in mind and when you see it (whether it's 6 months before or a week before) or if it's close enough and you're comfortable with it, then buy buy and don't look back.

Have you checked selloffvacations.com and itravel2000.com? I see lots of last minute deals, although I don't know how much they usually go for (not last minute). Good luck!
I believe the travel industry realized that too many people were conditioned to waiting for last minute deals, and it is not sustainable to offer real "last minute" deals to everyone. That's why the travel companies stopped doing any real last minute deals in order to push more people to book in advance, even if some hotel rooms or plane seats remain empty.
FREE online credit reports
AMEX: The more you use it and request to pay by it, the more merchants will accept it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6286 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
Flitox wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 4:09 pm
I believe the travel industry realized that too many people were conditioned to waiting for last minute deals, and it is not sustainable to offer real "last minute" deals to everyone. That's why the travel companies stopped doing any real last minute deals in order to push more people to book in advance, even if some hotel rooms or plane seats remain empty.
From my observation, booking last minute flights have become quite expensive. I believe booking sites like Priceline and Hotwire tend to be the goto place for hotels and airlines to fill any gaps. Besides, they will still make money if they have empty flights or rooms. If they don't have enough people booked on a given flight, airlines will cancel the flight. With rooms, it's similar, they'd rather keep them empty then offer much, if any discount.