Travel

Here is a list of Last Minute Travel Sites...

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2017 6:19 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6204 posts
62 upvotes
Flitox wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 4:09 pm
I believe the travel industry realized that too many people were conditioned to waiting for last minute deals, and it is not sustainable to offer real "last minute" deals to everyone. That's why the travel companies stopped doing any real last minute deals in order to push more people to book in advance, even if some hotel rooms or plane seats remain empty.
From my observation, booking last minute flights have become quite expensive. I believe booking sites like Priceline and Hotwire tend to be the goto place for hotels and airlines to fill any gaps. Besides, they will still make money if they have empty flights or rooms. If they don't have enough people booked on a given flight, airlines will cancel the flight. With rooms, it's similar, they'd rather keep them empty then offer much, if any discount.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3048 posts
333 upvotes
Torana
Pavel wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 1:31 am
From my observation, booking last minute flights have become quite expensive. I believe booking sites like Priceline and Hotwire tend to be the goto place for hotels and airlines to fill any gaps. Besides, they will still make money if they have empty flights or rooms. If they don't have enough people booked on a given flight, airlines will cancel the flight. With rooms, it's similar, they'd rather keep them empty then offer much, if any discount.
I've been doing AI's since 2003 at least once per year. My best deal was Grand Sirenis in the Mayan for $550 tax in in 2007 when I booked a week or 2 prior to departure. Since that time I found prices did not get much cheaper closer to departure and in fact many of the packages went up or even sold out the longer we waited. I find the 5 stars book up ahead of time anyways. Now we just set a budget, book if we see something we like and just forget about it until we leave. Most of the time it's at least a couple months before departure than we book.

What I have found is that various sites will have different promos so I use that to my advantage. For example when I was booking a couple weeks back, Red Tag offered price protection, Travelnationcanada offered a $200 mcdonald's giftcard, selloff offered $150 off each room and Itravel offered a $100 visa gift card. So look around at various sites too what they offer. You might be surprised.
May 26, 2009
82 posts
1 upvote
skimmed through this thread and checked out tripcentral. Any tips for people from Vancouver (west coast). all the sun destination prices are much higher here than Ontario. Wondering if there are are tricks I don't know :)

Also any advice on Costco travel?
Aug 16, 2010
236 posts
32 upvotes
I'm no expert. But in my experience booking and tracking prices before and after I find that 2 months out is often the best window for hitting a low point. Numerous times now I've watch my 2 month old booking rise by 10-20-30% as it gets closer to departure.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3048 posts
333 upvotes
Torana
Haps13 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2016 2:17 pm
I'm no expert. But in my experience booking and tracking prices before and after I find that 2 months out is often the best window for hitting a low point. Numerous times now I've watch my 2 month old booking rise by 10-20-30% as it gets closer to departure.
I agree. Although lately I usually book as soon as i know we want to go down south. I set a price and book whatever I find in that price range if we find somehting. We either compromise and make sacrifices on what we want in a package or don't book at all if the prices are too high. This year we booked cuba after saying we would never go back after going 10 years ago. It's what we could afford with the budget that was set and we know what to expect.

Prices are going up every year. We go around the same time. 3 years ago we did grand sirenis in Mayan for $1100. This year it's $1700.
Jan 30, 2017
38 posts
3 upvotes
Tryna book a bachelor party to go down to Caribbean. Doesn't matter where but has to be fun for a bunch of young guys. Does grand oasis in Cancun fit the bill? Is that near all the partying and stuff? Anything strange or unexpected??? Never been to Caribbean so don't know what to expect
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
1726 posts
783 upvotes
Markham
Eaglesfan99 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 4:41 pm
Tryna book a bachelor party to go down to Caribbean. Doesn't matter where but has to be fun for a bunch of young guys. Does grand oasis in Cancun fit the bill? Is that near all the partying and stuff? Anything strange or unexpected??? Never been to Caribbean so don't know what to expect
Cancun is in Mexico not the Caribbean. Mexico, and Cancun in particular are generally much more party friendly than most other destinations down south including those in the Caribbean.
Jan 30, 2017
38 posts
3 upvotes
X24Secret wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 8:04 pm
Cancun is in Mexico not the Caribbean. Mexico, and Cancun in particular are generally much more party friendly than most other destinations down south including those in the Caribbean.
Sorry about that yeah so Cancun has anyone heard of grand oasis. Is that like partycentral
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3048 posts
333 upvotes
Torana
Eaglesfan99 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 4:56 pm
Sorry about that yeah so Cancun has anyone heard of grand oasis. Is that like partycentral
Go to TripAdvisor and check the reviews. I searched the tag "bachelor" and the first few reviews all mentioned it was good for partying.

I'd stick to the adult only resorts. Varadero and peurto Plata are also good party destinations as they are generally cheaper and attack a younger crowd.

Where there's beer and bikinis it will be fun ;)
Oct 20, 2011
858 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
CSK'sMom wrote:
Jan 14th, 2016 8:18 pm
Any site. Pricing of all inclusives is contractually controlled. As there really are just a handful of providers you won't find a transat all inclusive cheaper somewhere else for example...
Thanks for the information as I wasn't aware of this.

I did however check both Tripcentral,ca, Sellofvacations.ca and Redtag.ca for a all inclusive last minute with details below and got two different pricing.

Oceans Casa Del Mar, Caya Santa Maria, Cuba, Deluxe Room with Air Transat. Both leaving same day, 7 days, same depart, direct flight same return, exact same details.

Trip Central $799.00 Redtag.ca $729.00 per person. Selloffvacations $729.00
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3048 posts
333 upvotes
Torana
MyDream1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 12:24 pm
Thanks for the information as I wasn't aware of this.

I did however check both Tripcentral,ca, Sellofvacations.ca and Redtag.ca for a all inclusive last minute with details below and got two different pricing.

Oceans Casa Del Mar, Caya Santa Maria, Cuba, Deluxe Room with Air Transat. Both leaving same day, 7 days, same depart, direct flight same return, exact same details.

Trip Central $799.00 Redtag.ca $729.00 per person. Selloffvacations $729.00
Trip Central is generally higher each time I check, but they do offer great customer service. I know it's bad, but I usually use TC for advice and the go elsewhere for booking depending on the offers, e.g. gift cards, free parking at YYZ, etc. You can always try to PM as well if you tell them you found it cheaper.
Oct 20, 2011
858 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
We ended up booking with Sell Off Vacations since the price was lower than Trip Central as they gave me a free Privilege upgrade.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel