Travel

Here is a list of Last Minute Travel Sites...

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2019 11:12 pm
Tags:
Sep 15, 2015
791 posts
723 upvotes
Abbotsford
philan wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:34 am
Planning an AI trip to Jamaica or Dominican Republic in May 2019.
Has anyone booked trip through Costco.ca - Travel?
Appreciate the inputs..
I checked Costco travel for our trip, it was $8k. Identical flights and hotel on Expedia was $3,700.
If I had book separate I would have saved about $100
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
221 posts
11 upvotes
Do any of these Last minute travel sites actually work ? If so how much realistically are they cheaper compared to the usual travel websites?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12459 posts
2665 upvotes
Markham
I'm always surprised that there is still no good site where you can punch in your dates and it will pull up all the best deals for someone willing to go almost anywhere in the world.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5282 posts
1135 upvotes
SunWind wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 7:09 pm
Do any of these Last minute travel sites actually work ? If so how much realistically are they cheaper compared to the usual travel websites?
They all pull the same info for the most part. You just have set a budget and book when something comes up in your budget. I've been doing all inclusives 1-2 times per year since 2003. Prices fluctuate all the time. Sometimes you get good deals and sometimes you don't. From my experience it's harder to find last minute deals on the nicer resorts. Not that you won't find them but I find the nicer resorts get booked earlier. I will book with whatever company offers the best incentive such as a gift card or free parking at Pearson.

What I've been finding the last few years though is that I've been booking alot with air Canada vacations. While the adult price is more than other airlines , the child price is a heck of alot cheaper so it brings the overall total price down. So you really have to look at the total pricing vs the adult pricing only as what might be expensive based on the adult price might be lower once you factor in children pricing.
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
221 posts
11 upvotes
Aggy wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:09 am
They all pull the same info for the most part. You just have set a budget and book when something comes up in your budget. I've been doing all inclusives 1-2 times per year since 2003. Prices fluctuate all the time. Sometimes you get good deals and sometimes you don't. From my experience it's harder to find last minute deals on the nicer resorts. Not that you won't find them but I find the nicer resorts get booked earlier. I will book with whatever company offers the best incentive such as a gift card or free parking at Pearson.

What I've been finding the last few years though is that I've been booking alot with air Canada vacations. While the adult price is more than other airlines , the child price is a heck of alot cheaper so it brings the overall total price down. So you really have to look at the total pricing vs the adult pricing only as what might be expensive based on the adult price might be lower once you factor in children pricing.
How many weeks or months do you estimate that the nicer resorts get booked early?
Is there a way to set up email alerts or i guess app alerts (phone/tablet) or browser alerts? Sorry if its a lot of questions, this is all new to me... Thanks!☺
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5282 posts
1135 upvotes
SunWind wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 8:19 am
How many weeks or months do you estimate that the nicer resorts get booked early?
Is there a way to set up email alerts or i guess app alerts (phone/tablet) or browser alerts? Sorry if its a lot of questions, this is all new to me... Thanks!☺
You'd have to check with the site...itravel2000 used to have email alerts. Check tripcentral. They might have alerts still too. I don't use alerts now.

As for the resorts booking up it all really depends. It may be weeks or months in advance that the resort books up. It's generally not the resort that books up but rather the plane I find. So the resort may sell out with sunwing but it's still available with air Transat.
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
33 upvotes
ON
Aggy wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:09 am

Any recommendations for family with 3 small kids (7month old, 3 year and 5 year) , looking for all inclusive, can travel in Sept or OCt 2019 !
Be positive & stay blessed :)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5282 posts
1135 upvotes
sh8wh4sg wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 1:20 pm
Any recommendations for family with 3 small kids (7month old, 3 year and 5 year) , looking for all inclusive, can travel in Sept or OCt 2019 !
We just did Seadust in Cancun in February 2019....extremely family friendly. Another one we did was GR Caribe in Cancun (it has a sister hotel connected too) which was also very family friendly. The Royalton White Sands in Jamaica was also great for families. And The Fives Azul Beach Resort in Playa Del Carmen. These resorts aren't the cheapest but we were able to find pretty good deals on them that fit our budget.
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
33 upvotes
ON
Aggy wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 6:55 am
We just did Seadust in Cancun in February 2019....extremely family friendly. Another one we did was GR Caribe in Cancun (it has a sister hotel connected too) which was also very family friendly. The Royalton White Sands in Jamaica was also great for families. And The Fives Azul Beach Resort in Playa Del Carmen. These resorts aren't the cheapest but we were able to find pretty good deals on them that fit our budget.
How did you get good deals ? If you don't mind could you please share the websites.
Be positive & stay blessed :)
Sep 15, 2016
7 posts
Aggy wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 6:55 am
+1, please share the website :)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5282 posts
1135 upvotes
Gentos wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 10:25 am
+1, please share the website :)
No specific website. Just search until you find something within budget. Some sites give you gift cards. Some free parking. Some price protect.
Jun 27, 2012
890 posts
92 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The most important part of a travel website is the ability to show you a wide number of prices on one page. Should be at least a month at a time. Some insist you put in the exact date of travel. You could miss the deal of the century the next day if you have to specify the exact date! flights.google.com and itssoftware are great but don't take their word as gospel. Often the great deals aren't even available when you check on the details. Use these sites as a guide to what you could pay if everything works out. Also look at other airports close by. In Vancouver some fly out of Abbotsford. In Seattle some fly out of Bellingham. In Toronto flying out of Buffalo is popular. Obviously you'll get a far better deal if you fly out of the US as long as your destination isn't in Canada. Being able to let the search include nearby airports at either the departure or destination point is very useful sometimes.

When searching for deals one of the #1 keys for hotels is do NOT book anything from home. Make sure you're not going on a national holiday or some special event and you'll have no problem finding a room and be able to negotiate much better if you're right there, cash in hand. Just learn about the vacancy rates in your area. I've been all over Mexico and only in Puerto Vallarta, the worst place I've been in Mexico, was it hard to find a room. Mazatlan, Cabo, La Paz, Zihua, Acapulco, Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca City, Mexico City, Palenque, Chetumal, Cancun, Isla Mujeres.....no problem! Just Puerto Vallarta. Lousiest beach (dark, ugly water, lousy ugly gray sand, no waves, no diving....ugh). Yet it was so hard to find a room. 99% of the time, barring holidays, you'll be much better getting the room you want at the price you want. Also, you can never really see what a place is like from their Instagram photoshopped pics. Can you hear traffic and parties and horns and screaming from the website/Instagram page? No. You have to be there. Want to try to sleep with idiots making noise? Probably not.

So try to never land at night. Most people find a really nice hotel and ask if they can leave their luggage there for an hour. 99% of the time its fine. And its safe in a nice hotel. Then you scamper around looking for a good place. It may take an hour or two but you'll like your place way more and save piles of money on it.

If you don't need air conditioning it will be noisier as the windows will be open so bring earplugs that fit your ears (use beforehand to be sure). I always travel with a mosquito net because often in lousier rooms they are not sealed well and they can get in somehow even though the screens look intact. You feel peace of mind in a mosquito net and they are very light and compact. You just need some place on the walls to anchor it. If the landlord has a brain they'll install hooks in the walls for this.
Aug 2, 2014
241 posts
156 upvotes
GVRD
Do any of the provided websites get you the latest offers from last minute cancellations/seat openings?