• Nov 2nd, 2017 3:03 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6700 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Hah!!

My story not as dramatic as yours but today UPS tracking said package delivered.

I checked and nowhere in sight. Guess I forgot they say delivered even though actual delivery was 4 hours later!! Angry Face
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6700 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
hvwozq wrote: Was it Express or a different service with time guarantee?
Not sure... long story short... product did not work so vendor from amazon resent another from US via UPS.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28627 upvotes
Vancouver
I just heard a knock at my door. I opened it and on the ground was a tiny envelope from UPS containing my $200 worth of iTunes gift cards I just bought at Costco.ca. My door has a clearly visible mail slot! Why drop and knock when you can just push it through the slot?

Does calling and complaining to UPS ever get anyone anywhere? I feel like calling in but I'm a busy guy and don't want to waste my time.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
It really depends on the driver, but I find there are a lot of them who just don't care. The old place I used to live at for many years, excellent relationship with UPS driver, awesome guy no issues. Moved away and that location's UPS driver is not as good. He's not bad but he likes to leave packages at the door without ringing the bell and leave off and its happened multiple times. Sometimes he does ring the bell and wait, maybe he's in a hurry.

Canada Post is another so so service, the lady who does the mail in the neighbourhood is flat out lazy. Someone is always home and she, most times, would never attempt to knock on the door and deliver, she dumps the door delivery notice slip inside the community mailbox inside so I have to drive to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up. I complained to HQ about this and nothing really has been done.

DHL has been surprisingly good, no issues with the driver.

Don't use FedEx often but also no issues.

Basically just depends on the driver.
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
1 posts
Santa Clara
Its really an irritating. I used FedEx they don't handle with care
Learn Excel courses with Yoda learning, we provide courses from beginner to advance excel training online. Also provide prowerpoint, VBA Macros, Outlook, MS Office Productivity and many more online courses
Jan 24, 2013
361 posts
178 upvotes
Ontario
radeonboy wrote: It really depends on the driver, but I find there are a lot of them who just don't care. The old place I used to live at for many years, excellent relationship with UPS driver, awesome guy no issues. Moved away and that location's UPS driver is not as good. He's not bad but he likes to leave packages at the door without ringing the bell and leave off and its happened multiple times. Sometimes he does ring the bell and wait, maybe he's in a hurry.

Canada Post is another so so service, the lady who does the mail in the neighbourhood is flat out lazy. Someone is always home and she, most times, would never attempt to knock on the door and deliver, she dumps the door delivery notice slip inside the community mailbox inside so I have to drive to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up. I complained to HQ about this and nothing really has been done.

DHL has been surprisingly good, no issues with the driver.

Don't use FedEx often but also no issues.

Basically just depends on the driver.
This. The Canada Post lady in my neighborhood does the exact same thing. I’ve too have filed a formal complaint with Canada Post and nothing has changed.