• Jan 21st, 2020 9:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
nalababe wrote: To each their own, but should clarify as your comments have a few errors/omissions.

Just because the meat is certified Halal, does not mean that Hero itself is...they have chose to use Baretta Farms antibiotic and hormone free meat...all of the Beretta Antibiotic and Hormone free product it is Halal Certified as well (quote right from them). It has nothing to do with how they choose to cook the burger. So this argument is irrelevant.
What? Irrelevant how? The meat is considered unclean if there is any blood in it, and they are boasting the fact they are serving halol products. It is a well done, frozen commercial product and they are choosing to serve it that way. It's not an argument - it's just how it is, and a key reason I will never support them
You can still get bacon on your burger...right there on the menu...take your pick: back backed, Strip Bacon, Turkey Bacon...
I didn't notice this - but I can assure you this is not at all locations. For example I was visiting a buddy in Credit Valley after his bike wreck recently and they don't serve anything but halol products and turkey bacon - no back bacon no strip bacon
Inferior quality...sorry, but Baretta farms is not lower quality...
sorry, but you know this how exactly? It's a frozen pre-formed product man, come on. How are you even gonna say it's not inferior quality?
If you look at restaurants I'm sure you will find many that source from Baretta farms...and if they are using the antibotic and hormone free meats....guess what...the restaurants may just not make a big deal about the certification
Maybe, maybe not.. I'll be keeping a closer eye out for these products now
As for killing...that is up to you and others to decide. I have seen as many or more horror stories about "humanely killed" animals at slaughter houses. I'll take the Baretta farm raised meats any day...but don't forget this beef also has no hormones, no antibiotics, cannot have been fed animal byproduct as feed...and you cannot slaughter a dead animal..those are not bad things.
Will leave this be
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
duckdown wrote: What? Irrelevant how? The meat is considered unclean if there is any blood in it, and they are boasting the fact they are serving halol products. It is a well done, frozen commercial product and they are choosing to serve it that way. It's not an argument - it's just how it is, and a key reason I will never support them

I didn't notice this - but I can assure you this is not at all locations. For example I was visiting a buddy in Credit Valley after his bike wreck recently and they don't serve anything but halol products and turkey bacon - no back bacon no strip bacon

sorry, but you know this how exactly? It's a frozen pre-formed product man, come on. How are you even gonna say it's not inferior quality?

Maybe, maybe not.. I'll be keeping a closer eye out for these products now

Will leave this be
It is irrelevant as they are just indicating that their meat has been certified halal...not that it is cooked in such a manner...no different than if I buy it and take it home and cook it how I want. As for blood, all animals are bled after slaughter. Halal does not mean that the flesh doesn't have blood in it...that would be impossible. But if it were a Halal restaurant...it would have to cook it...but Hero is not.

They are not boasting that they are Halal...it is one line on the main page and the last thing listed...it is not focused on their menu

Every location I have been at in Toronto has bacon...yes they have turkey bacon..but that is just one option.

Baretta Farms is major supplier for organic and premium products...(just look at the prices at Loblaws etc)...it is not inferior to other frozen meats. Personally, I'd rather have a better quality frozen than crap fresh.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
Duckdown has been allowed to promote hate filled Islamophobic diatribes completely unabated time and time again on RFD for a decade now.

He just doesn't stop.

There is nothing scientific, factual or data-driven about his diatribes. It's just hate.
If you read through his posts there are 1000's of them about the Halal topic. He is relentless.

As for Bacon, it's as Canadian as Snow and Maple Syrup. Have as much as you want.
If they don't have it at that location, go somewhere that does.
Likewise, if they serve Halal and you don't want it, vote with your money and go somewhere else.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
pakmode wrote: Duckdown has been allowed to promote hate filled Islamophobic diatribes completely unabated time and time again on RFD for a decade now.

He just doesn't stop.

There is nothing scientific, factual or data-driven about his diatribes. It's just hate.
If you read through his posts there are 1000's of them about the Halal topic. He is relentless.

As for Bacon, it's as Canadian as Snow and Maple Syrup. Have as much as you want.
If they don't have it at that location, go somewhere that does.
Likewise, if they serve Halal and you don't want it, vote with your money and go somewhere else.
Pretty serious allegations you're not backing up here. I don't see anything Islamophobe in what he is writing in this post. Please enlighten us otherwise it is nothing more than slander.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
That's his typical go-to, he can't take anybody's opinion other than his own. And god forbid you are not muslim or say anything that doesn't go with his religious beliefs, he thinks for some bizarre reason his religion cannot be discussed unless it's praise and rainbows and things he agrees with

It's lunatics like him that play right into stereotypes.

This is Canada buddy, you can discuss or critique any aspect of religion you want. (Or not follow one at all). Nothing I've said is hate filled other than my hate for your crappy Hero burger
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
the couple of times i tried it ages ago, hero has been close to a zero...for what you're paying. so many better options out there. beretta farms...whoop dee doo.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
And after re-reading his utterly stupid over-the-top temper tantrum, I see he is completely off topic and has not addressed the topic of the thread whatsoever - he's just trying to cry Islamophobia because that is literally ALL HE DOES. Honestly, the guy follows me around the forums or something

Mods should clean this thread up by deleting his post and remove mine then as well

Why haven't you just added me to your ignore list? I'll tell you why - because you like being the drama queen
pakmode wrote:Likewise, if they serve Halal and you don't want it, vote with your money and go somewhere else.
Buddy isn't this exactly what I've been saying the entire time? Did you even read the thread?
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
duckdown wrote: And after re-reading his utterly stupid over-the-top temper tantrum, I see he is completely off topic and has not addressed the topic of the thread whatsoever - he's just trying to cry Islamophobia because that is literally ALL HE DOES. Honestly, the guy follows me around the forums or something

Mods should clean this thread up by deleting his post and remove mine then as well

Why haven't you just added me to your ignore list? I'll tell you why - because you like being the drama queen

Buddy isn't this exactly what I've been saying the entire time? Did you even read the thread?

We are on about a 100:1 ratio for posts vs retorts bud, and this is been going on 10 years.
For every 100 of your diatribes, I will reply to 1.
Don't you ever get tired of spewing your nonsense?
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
duckdown wrote: That's his typical go-to, he can't take anybody's opinion other than his own. And god forbid you are not muslim or say anything that doesn't go with his religious beliefs, he thinks for some bizarre reason his religion cannot be discussed unless it's praise and rainbows and things he agrees with

It's lunatics like him that play right into stereotypes.

This is Canada buddy, you can discuss or critique any aspect of religion you want. (Or not follow one at all). Nothing I've said is hate filled other than my hate for your crappy Hero burger
You are going Fox News on us here Duckdown. You need to come back down to Planet Earth.
Repeat. Earth to Duckdown do you copy?
Duckdown? Duckdown?

Your argument is completely off-kilter and unsubstantiated.
If you're going to question my Patriotism, I suggest you pick another topic.

You have the right to say what you want, but myself and others have asked you to stop spewing nonsense regarding this issue, yet you continue, unabated.
You continue not based on facts, data or evidence. But based on bigotry and hate.

Also, why always Halal? Why not Kosher? Why not Sikh-butchered meat?
Your bigotry is unacceptable.

The fact you attempted to label me a lunatic and ignorant is beyond me.
I find that completely unacceptable. That's not the way I know folks like you from Thunder Bay to be.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Diatribes!! Spewing nonsense!! Bigotry and hatred!!

Insults my facts, data, and evidence all while providing none!

You're a broken record buddy, stop crying already :D

You can shovel 15 Hero burgers down your gullet and follow it with a drumstick from Popeyes for all I care! I'm still not buying your halol meat

Also I find it comical you accuse me of attacking your beliefs all while attacking my beliefs to not eat muslim meat.. claiming I'm racist from Thunder Bay LOL.. Get serious guy
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1122 posts
113 upvotes
duckdown wrote: The meat is considered unclean if there is any blood in it, and they are boasting the fact they are serving halol products.
I'm in no way knowledgeable on halol products, but I've been to the Paramount butcher shop in Mississauga, and they have a huge selection of beef, from individually portioned steaks to whole roasts. Not sure how valid the "no blood in it" argument is when they're selling whole beef roasts.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
something about when it's cooked there can't be any blood in it. A guy I know went on a whole spiel about it one time when we were sitting around smoking bowls. Are you sure they can eat a bloody medium rare roast or steak or burger ? Everything needs to be fully cooked to well done was my understanding

Contrary to pakmodes belief, I actually know lots of Muslims , I'm born and raised in Brampton dude. And most of them are way less annoying than him, some even smoke ganja and are cool as hell

I just don't like halol and will go out of my way to not support it
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3165 posts
232 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
playnicee1 wrote: $9.49 + Tax for Hero burger fries and drink if you only do 4oz (When comparing to McDonald's I do not encourage the Big Mac. A stronger point would be to compare it to the McDonald's Angus burgers.)

:arrow: http://www.heroburgers.com/pdf/2015%20Menu.pdf
Except that a 4oz burger is only a quarter pounder and the 6 oz burger is a better comparison to the Angus. Plus the fact that the burgers don't come with cheese ($0.99 extra) you are looking at a much more expensive combo. I would never choose Hero over another place because it is over priced for the targetted market.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
duckdown wrote: something about when it's cooked there can't be any blood in it. A guy I know went on a whole spiel about it one time when we were sitting around smoking bowls. Are you sure they can eat a bloody medium rare roast or steak or burger ? Everything needs to be fully cooked to well done was my understanding

Contrary to pakmodes belief, I actually know lots of Muslims , I'm born and raised in Brampton dude. And most of them are way less annoying than him, some even smoke ganja and are cool as hell

I just don't like halol and will go out of my way to not support it
Stay classy Duckdown.

Love the personal attacks. Speaks volumes for you.

There are 1.5 Billion Muslims out there in the world, and therefore there are 1.5 Billion interpretations of what Islam means to them.
Some are strict Orthodox, most are not. Some are strict Halal, some are not.

I'm not strict Halal, as many of you have probably ascertained by many food posts on RFD and CH lol.

I'm not strict Halal because I subscribe to the philisophy that Halal is an all-encompassing, holisitic approach that is rarely practised.
Strict Halal, in my opinion, means ethically, consciously, humanely raised animals that are fed organically and are allowed to roam freely.
Not factory farmed, hormone and steroid injected, force fed, caged animals.
Whilst that is most of the meat we eat, and which I eat, I believe strict Halal to be an all encompassing approach to raising animals.
And not just the final slaughter of said animal.

Lastly, while many Muslims will subscribe to the handslaughter vs machine slaughter debate, all slaughter has to pass the regulation of the Provincial and/or Federal Meat/Poultry inspection agencies. My understanding is that animals must be stunned before they are slaughtered. Which also applies to Halal/Kosher meat.

I should also add Duckdown, I don't know you personally, and we probably won't ever meet. But I've never heard what you are talking about above. I prefer my steaks medium to medium rare, and my burgers medium depending on the grind and cuts they use.
Maybe your friends were mistaking burger juice for blood lol.
You are correct in saying that the blood should be drained, so yeah, you won't be seeing blood sausage on most Halal Restaurant menus lol.

But in terms of raw or underdone meat, I've never heard that at all.
The next time you go to Shawarma Empire in Scarborough, visit the small Lebanese butcher store next door. They are well known for raw kibbeh, which is a raw beef dish similar to steak tartare that the Lebanese seem to love.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/0 ... raw-kibbeh
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
The children arguing aside....

Hero Burger is gross. Had it a couple weeks ago, and it tasted awful. I won't go back to that joint.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
LostInTruth wrote: The children arguing aside....

Hero Burger is gross. Had it a couple weeks ago, and it tasted awful. I won't go back to that joint.
A couple of weeks ago it was the old meat. Maybe "awful" is why they changed it?
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
^ Not sure, but I won't be back to find out.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
nalababe wrote: To each their own, but should clarify as your comments have a few errors/omissions.

Just because the meat is certified Halal, does not mean that Hero itself is...they have chose to use Baretta Farms antibiotic and hormone free meat...all of the Beretta Antibiotic and Hormone free product it is Halal Certified as well (quote right from them). It has nothing to do with how they choose to cook the burger. So this argument is irrelevant.

You can still get bacon on your burger...right there on the menu...take your pick: back backed, Strip Bacon, Turkey Bacon...

Inferior quality...sorry, but Baretta farms is not lower quality...If you look at restaurants I'm sure you will find many that source from Baretta farms...and if they are using the antibotic and hormone free meats....guess what...the restaurants may just not make a big deal about the certification. Now is frozen inferior to fresh...sure, I'll buy that.

As for killing...that is up to you and others to decide. I have seen as many or more horror stories about "humanely killed" animals at slaughter houses. I'll take the Baretta farm raised meats any day...but don't forget this beef also has no hormones, no antibiotics, cannot have been fed animal byproduct as feed...and you cannot slaughter a dead animal..those are not bad things.
Baretta is a consortium of farms, some very large, to establish a brand name, increase market hare, and sell to a scared public. I'll bet they have lawyers, P.R. agencies, and schmoozers promoting their high priced meat in restaurants and stores. Too bad you have bought into this.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
LostInTruth wrote: ^ Not sure, but I won't be back to find out.
I'll give it a try soon, but I'm only buying the kiddie burger. No sense in spending ten bucks on a combo just to find out any difference. (or not)
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
jayt90 wrote: Baretta is a consortium of farms, some very large, to establish a brand name, increase market hare, and sell to a scared public. I'll bet they have lawyers, P.R. agencies, and schmoozers promoting their high priced meat in restaurants and stores. Too bad you have bought into this.
THANK You!