Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Hertz Rent A car] HERTZ Car Rental Discount Code & Coupons(50% OFF/Free #1 Gold/$40 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2016 8:23 am
Tags:
Jul 4, 2004
773 posts
20 upvotes

[Hertz Rent A car] HERTZ Car Rental Discount Code & Coupons(50% OFF/Free #1 Gold/$40 off)

OFFICIAL Hertz Car Rental Discount Codes & Coupons

[Any questions or rate requests, please post on this thread. Also
please report any expired or trouble using the coupon]

General Information:
Hertz is the world's second largest car rental company. Because of its past affiliation with Ford, the rental fleets of most Hertz locations consist of Fords and Ford brands such as Mazda, Mercury and Lincoln. It is not uncommon, however, to find Hertz rental cars from non-Ford companies such as Toyota, Hyundai, Kia and General Motors. Fun collection is a unique collection of fun and sporty cars, inclusive of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, for example, Nissan 350Z, Ford Shelby GTH and Ford Mustang. Prestige collection is high performance vehicles, inclusive of NeverLost In-Car Navigation System, for example, Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln Navigator, Infiniti FX35, Infiniti G35, Cadillac Escalade, Volvo S80, Audi Q7, Audi A4 and even Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar in high volume locations. Green collection is fuel-efficient, environmentally-friendly cars, for example, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry and Toyota Prius Hybrid. Sirus satellite radio equipped car is available for a fee.

Hertz has excellent area / branch coverage. Most airport locations are 24/7 or will stay open late until your flight arrives.

They are on a high end, best premium business class car rental agency, rather than a cheap rental car company, but when you apply the discount code and coupon. They are quite reasonable. You also get frequent travel points that other second tier companies don't provide. For example, 500 United miles per rental. They offer Hertz #1 Awards Program where you can redeem for Hertz rental certificates or exchange them for points with participating airlines and hotel partners frequency programs. These points alone should be worth around $10-20 for each rental. They provide best service, car in general and they don't try to scam you by claming minor car damages you did not cause. A full size for them is Chevrolet Impala or Ford Taurus; some second tier companies claim Nissan Altima is a full size.

Discount Code Usage:
Book directly on www.Hertz.com. You can also book it using [rfdlink=71]Expedia[/rfdlink] or Travelocity by selecting you have a discount code and Hertz as car rental company.

Once you indicated you have a discount(CDP), coupon, or other offer, you will see following boxes:

Discount/CDP/Club Code: This is where you enter the discount code. For example: 1757580. By entering this code, it pulls up discounted rate as well as other features such as underage fee waived or insurance included. Features currently do not show up on the web booking confirmation. Do NOT check "Quote me the program my company has negotiated" or "I am traveling on Company Official Travel". CDP's association is displayed on the second page right hand side when booked using Hertz.com. Do not use "Your rate has been discounted by XX %" as a judge for how good a CDP is due to Hertz adjusts base price as well. Always compare the final total approximate charges.

If you have #1 Gold status, then you can rent a car without the rental
agents' help, so they will not have a chance to check your CDP code.

Promotional Coupon(PC): You can use a CDP and stack your saving with one coupon. The coupon number (e.q. 101651) is a number printed on a coupon to identify it. The coupon value is reflected in your estimated total right the way.

Most of these Hertz coupons are electronic and don't require anything physical to be presented. And most of the cases rental agents wouldn't ask about it. In case you are asked to present the coupon, a common excuse is "it is an internet coupon" etc. In any case, try to use ones that have a link for printout first.

Rate Code (RQ): It is used to force computer only to search certain special discount rate.

Convention Number (CV): Not useful.
Voucher Code (IT): Not useful.

Fee-Waived Hertz #1 Gold Status Enrollment
https://link.hertz.com/link/goldcorp/go ... pe=bapgold
Company Name: Car & Driver
CDP Number: 1757580
Pin Code: bapgold

Voted Best Hertz CDP Discount Code: 1757580
- Excellent Rates, best Hertz discount offered anywhere, it beats all other codes includes AAA
- Anyone can use this code, this belongs to Car and Driver Magazine
readers (go pick one up from a magazine stand?)
- Unlimited miles (even for one way trips)
- Discounted one way rentals
- No driving area restriction in North America

Special Offers on Hertz website:
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specialo ... lobNav_2_2
All coupons and rate code works with CDP provided.
794 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1389 posts
1 upvote
Thanks.

I always meet this kind of problem, everytime I call Hertz airport location,

to rent around weekend. they said "sold out" to me. but I can still book

on hertz.ca website. Last time, I called them , was told " sold out", I still

booked on website, went to airport location and picked up one car.

why they always say " sold out" ?
bonne chance
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1669 posts
30 upvotes
What's the best deal on a compact/economy for weekend rental from Hertz...Any particular codes you can provide...would really appreciate any input/help from you...
Mar 26, 2006
114 posts
7 upvotes
Pierrefonds
Hertz used to have competitive rates but I find now have higher than average rates. I rented one last weekend (because I had an excellent rate code from travelzoo that was also posted here) and the agent agreed with me - couldn't understand why people still rent with Hertz when it is so expensive. Granted the airport location is opened 24hrs, service is satisfactory and yes they have a green collection and some japanese makes but your reservation does not guarantee that you get the car you want.

ANYWAY...my posting is to tell you this: from what the agent tells me, in case of accidents and you do not take Hertz's liability coverage/LDW, Hertz DOES NOT deal with credit card company insurance nor your regular auto insurance company.

This means that: Hertz will bill YOU directly for the damages and YOU have to sort it out with the insurance company.

Meaning Hertz will bill you $500 for one blown tire, for example, and depending how you negotiate with the insurance company, you might be able to only claim back $150 - the estimated market cost of replacing one tire.

The agent recounted a situation a renter had where someone ripped off the jaguar animal emblem off the hood of his rented jaguar and Hertz charged him $3000 for it when the replacement cost was really just $500.

Now this could have been a way to push LDW & their coverage on me but it did get me all worried..... (I didn't take it anyway). So I'm leaving Hertz off my rental list.

So just an FYI and if someone can validate/counter this piece of info, that would be great!
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
773 posts
20 upvotes
addicted2it wrote:
May 31st, 2007 12:47 pm
What's the best deal on a compact/economy for weekend rental from Hertz...Any particular codes you can provide...would really appreciate any input/help from you...
Also check out the Avis thread I did.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28262 posts
802 upvotes
Tried the codes, etc, still no cheaper than I'd get by going to the Air Canada website and booking it there. And Thrifty's is still cheaper.

So, anyone have positive or negative things to say about Thrifty's?
Hail Eris!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2004
2058 posts
36 upvotes
That CDP Code ony offers 10% while I tried at the following location:
Hurontario Novotel Hotel, 3670 Hurontario Street, Mississauga , ON, CA

Why not use CAA which offers 15%? Anyone has a better code?

CDP Name: CAR & DRIVER
CDP Rate: Your rate has been discounted by 10 %
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
773 posts
20 upvotes
No. This code generally better than CAA/AAA if not the same. I have checked out that location and the rate is the same. DO NOT trust Hertz's display of % discount alone. Because the adjust the base rate as well. Besides, not everyone is CAA member. This is freely to use for everyone.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2004
773 posts
20 upvotes
hagbard wrote:
May 31st, 2007 1:00 pm
Tried the codes, etc, still no cheaper than I'd get by going to the Air Canada website and booking it there. And Thrifty's is still cheaper.

So, anyone have positive or negative things to say about Thrifty's?

Again, that promotion is for May only. Thrifty might not honour the rate. Who knows. Rent and report back please. Their rate be hard to beat. But hertz is:

-Best premium business class car rental agency
-Outstanding fleet. Interesting Hertz Prestige/Fun/Green Collection.
-Unlimited miles (even for one way trips)
-Easy one way rental with unlimited miles
-Excellent Rates

Hertz/Avis' fleet are generally better/lower km than Thrifty. Services are also better, treat you with a respect. Thrifty is also more likely to hold you to minor scratch than Hertz or Avis. ....etc. Got to run. Will post more later.
Jan 4, 2006
87 posts
100 upvotes
Vaughan
I used Priceline for the weekend about 2 weeks ago and used quote your price. Hertz normally have $79.99 +chagres per day for a minivan. I quoted $30 (USD) and I got it for 3 days. Total paid $150 CAD for 3 days including taxes and airport charges. It was a very good deal.

Be sure that once you ask for a quote and one of the car rental agency agrees to it, you have to pay full amount to priceline and you can not cancel it. If you say you are arriving by a flight and give a flight number they may consider changes in reservation if flight is delayed or cancelled.

I am going to put $25 (always USD with priceline) next time I rent a minivan from airport.

Benefits of booking at airport is it opens at 6 am and close at 1 am midnight. So you can return it anytime. All other locations opens at 8 am or 7.30 earliest.

www.priceline.com
Sep 10, 2006
178 posts
6 upvotes
very funny , I tried to put the code in :

299$ us for 1 week in Orlando international airport (June 30 to June 07)

and

247$ without code ...
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1389 posts
1 upvote
Hertz always authorizes $1000 to my credit card, Budget does $500.
bonne chance
Deal Addict
May 30, 2006
1749 posts
2 upvotes
ARP511 wrote:
May 31st, 2007 1:55 pm
I used Priceline for the weekend about 2 weeks ago and used quote your price. Hertz normally have $79.99 +chagres per day for a minivan. I quoted $30 (USD) and I got it for 3 days. Total paid $150 CAD for 3 days including taxes and airport charges. It was a very good deal.

Be sure that once you ask for a quote and one of the car rental agency agrees to it, you have to pay full amount to priceline and you can not cancel it. If you say you are arriving by a flight and give a flight number they may consider changes in reservation if flight is delayed or cancelled.

I am going to put $25 (always USD with priceline) next time I rent a minivan from airport.

Benefits of booking at airport is it opens at 6 am and close at 1 am midnight. So you can return it anytime. All other locations opens at 8 am or 7.30 earliest.

www.priceline.com
If you were to drive 2000KMS would the price still be the same? I got the feeling that extra KMs cost more.

With Hertz would it cost just the standard daily rate for this same scenario?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7737 posts
3647 upvotes
sjweyman wrote:
May 31st, 2007 2:40 pm
If you were to drive 2000KMS would the price still be the same? I got the feeling that extra KMs cost more.

With Hertz would it cost just the standard daily rate for this same scenario?

There is usually a max mileage per rental agreement. With Discount its 30days or 3000km so when you meet 30days or 3000km, you have to go to a Discount location and re-new your contract.

Just did a quick check ...

Hertz ; Hyundai Accent @ 26.99 day on weekend
Discount ; Hyundai Accent @ 14.99 day on weekend
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1669 posts
30 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote:
May 31st, 2007 2:44 pm
There is usually a max mileage per rental agreement. With Discount its 30days or 3000km so when you meet 30days or 3000km, you have to go to a Discount location and re-new your contract.

Just did a quick check ...

Hertz ; Hyundai Accent @ 26.99 day on weekend
Discount ; Hyundai Accent @ 14.99 day on weekend
I just checked Discount and I get 16.99 per day for the accent on a weekend :( ..Does it vary by location/city...I checked for markham btw.
× < >