• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2014 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2008
1787 posts
275 upvotes
This sub forum probably consumes too much bandwidth without contributing profit to yellow pages
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
Its always someone uneducated who ends up taking a dump on everyones collective head. Doesnt just happen on rfd, happens in work places, schools and so forth. Nothing new.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
This is one of the best hidden secrets of RFD. Who would think to find an informative and active community of photographers in a bargain site. I hope it doesn't go south, and members leave.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4434 posts
218 upvotes
yogakun wrote: This is one of the best hidden secrets of RFD. Who would think to find an informative and active community of photographers in a bargain site. I hope it doesn't go south, and members leave.
It's already begun.

The greatest strength of this subforum was that it was self regulating. The regulars on it were quick to call out shills, fake reviews, etc.

For whatever reason CSKs Mom saw fit to come in here and treat every one like a bunch of children who were behaving badly and throw her authority around.

Meanwhile on Off-topic...
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3181 posts
523 upvotes
Perhaps someone should do a final RFD Toronto meet before we all leave the forum...
Aug 3, 2011
935 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
^^ and before we go post a ton of pictures fro this meet with all sorts (yes all sorts) of tags with the pics. Let the mod edit every pic and ban us from posting anymore................redundant would be it (the ban) by then though.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1833 posts
360 upvotes
ritz1010 wrote: ^^ and before we go post a ton of pictures fro this meet with all sorts (yes all sorts) of tags with the pics. Let the mod edit every pic and ban us from posting anymore................redundant would be it (the ban) by then though.
u sir are a genius!
Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing
Nov 6, 2008
213 posts
23 upvotes
Kitchener
ritz1010 wrote: ^^ and before we go post a ton of pictures fro this meet with all sorts (yes all sorts) of tags with the pics. Let the mod edit every pic and ban us from posting anymore................redundant would be it (the ban) by then though.
Not being in Toronto, I may not be able to join the walk. But I can sure join the posting wave :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3416 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
A power tripping mod most likely. Sad.
Sep 26, 2006
769 posts
298 upvotes
Let's just be civilized. Why don't we try to find another photosharing forum without the restrictions that RFD have.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1833 posts
360 upvotes
BaboSo wrote: Let's just be civilized. Why don't we try to find another photosharing forum without the restrictions that RFD have.
it's just we had so much fun here,
Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
inzite wrote: it's just we had so much fun here,
I should just make a Canadian photography forum. But if I did, I wouldn't be allowed to share the link with you guys :razz:
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2171 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
neltron3030 wrote: Perhaps someone should do a final RFD Toronto meet before we all leave the forum...
I agree with this idea.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
neltron3030 wrote: Perhaps someone should do a final RFD Toronto meet before we all leave the forum...
zero_2003 wrote: I agree with this idea.
Same here. But how would we post information about it, it'll be too self promoting... :(
Sep 26, 2006
769 posts
298 upvotes
aerok wrote: I should just make a Canadian photography forum. But if I did, I wouldn't be allowed to share the link with you guys :razz:
Take a picture of the your forum link, host it on Flickr and post the image here lol
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
Meh tired of not having a good Canadian forum to talk about photography, I'm just going to buy a vBulletin license and make one myself. Already have a server anyways...
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
BaboSo wrote: Take a picture of the your forum link, host it on Flickr and post the image here lol
Or post a picture and link it to forum lol
Apr 18, 2006
249 posts
47 upvotes
I sent a complaint to RFD admin, citing a few statements made in the other thread. Things like 'That's why you're not a mod...' and 'It's easy, don't mention your business anywhere ever' really got under my skin. It also makes me question the reason for having a mod if they don't intelligently assess each situation based on context and the principles of RFD.
Competition should only be used to help pull yourself up, not to push others down.

Flickr Stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37742548@N02/
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2212 posts
460 upvotes
Guelph
I think we should petition to have a moderator who knows the subject of the forum that they're assigned. You can't have a badminton ref oversee a football game.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
4100 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
pulse24 wrote: I sent a complaint to RFD admin, citing a few statements made in the other thread. Things like 'That's why you're not a mod...' and 'It's easy, don't mention your business anywhere ever' really got under my skin. It also makes me question the reason for having a mod if they don't intelligently assess each situation based on context and the principles of RFD.
Yeah that "That's why you're not a mod..." line caught my attention to. It's not our fault some of us chooses to have full time jobs instead of being a moderator in a message board.