• May 28th, 2015 9:22 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 11, 2012
80 posts
97 upvotes
Waterloo

HID Car Help! [Nissan]

Hi I currently own a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S black and wanted to put HID. Someone is selling a HID Migo VX2 H11 Xenon Kit and was womdering will that work in my car? Also, any tips to install it, sorry this is my first car and I'm a noob. Thanks
25 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5631 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Might need a relay kit.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2976 posts
681 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
You bought that from Too fast performance didn't you?
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Jan 7, 2005
682 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Whether it fits or not is not even worth discussing here. You will be putting HID kit in a car with halogen reflector. Light will shoot everywhere and blind everyone else on the road. Expect more replies like this.
Mar 5, 2015
157 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RSX-S wrote:
May 27th, 2015 3:48 am
Whether it fits or not is not even worth discussing here. You will be putting HID kit in a car with halogen reflector. Light will shoot everywhere and blind everyone else on the road. Expect more replies like this.
Light will be stronger, that's normal, but why you think that will shoot everywhere?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27582 posts
13513 upvotes
Ottawa
CRSAutomotiveOakville wrote:
May 27th, 2015 8:27 am
Light will be stronger, that's normal, but why you think that will shoot everywhere?
Because no projectors for light output!!!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3863 posts
4019 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CRSAutomotiveOakville wrote:
May 27th, 2015 8:27 am
The standard reflector is designed to work with the intended halogen bulb. Putting HID bulb in there creates blinding refraction because they are different shape and the output light exits the bulb at different angles.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2040 posts
584 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
vkizzle wrote:
May 27th, 2015 9:00 am
Because no projectors for light output!!!
There are cars with factory HID and no projectors. If one installs HIDs, you must at least aim them properly. Law is you must have self leveling headlights for HIDs but honestly, aim the properly and you'll be fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1782 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga
valeradunets wrote:
May 27th, 2015 10:21 am
There are cars with factory HID and no projectors. If one installs HIDs, you must at least aim them properly. Law is you must have self leveling headlights for HIDs but honestly, aim the properly and you'll be fine.
There are very few cars that come with factory HID in a reflector housing. The only one I can think of is the CSX.

The 2007 Altima has a reflector housing. You will blind ppl and you will make ppl upset. But hey, at least you get the cool blue light output right? Op, my suggestion would be to do a proper projector retro if you really want to put HID's in your car.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1680 posts
268 upvotes
^ factory hid reflector housing, add Volvo xc90, Acura TL (both of these are the older models).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27582 posts
13513 upvotes
Ottawa
valeradunets wrote:
2007 Altima does not come with HIDs, the 2002 and later Maxima's did.
With that being said, not all vehicles that comes with factory HIDs are "self leveling".
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
13750 posts
3159 upvotes
London
^ older g35 as well as Prius. I thinks there's even some class action lawsuit involving factory Prius hid
reflectors

That being said, a halogen reflector and hid reflector are very different and are not interchangeable. The oem factory hid bulbs for reflectors is different as well from hid bulbs intended for projectors
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3863 posts
4019 upvotes
Toronto, ON
valeradunets wrote:
Factory HID reflector housings are designed differently from the start than reflectors made for Halogen. Just because there are some factory HIDs installed in reflectors doesn't mean that you can just jam a HID bulb in any halogen reflector housing and call it a day.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6949 posts
3098 upvotes
Kootenays
This should be required reading every time this topic comes up!! http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html

"So you've read about HID headlamps and have it in mind to convert your car. A few mouse clicks on the web, and you've found a couple of outfits offering to sell you a "conversion" that will fit any car with a given type of halogen bulb. STOP! Put away that credit card. HID headlamps are terrific, and they can offer significant and substantial safety performance advantages over halogen headlamps, but only if they're designed and built as HID headlamps from the start. Installing an "HID kit" in a halogen headlamp isn't an upgrade, it's a large and serious safety downgrade."

Keep these selfish twats off of our roads.