642 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Netflix] hidemynet.com VPN / DNS Redirector proxy $24.50/year for life

More offers from Netflix
coupon code 50% off of the LIFETIME of your service package: 50OFF2013

PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and the HTTP Proxy

It also has DNS re-director Proxy - the same as usvideo.ca / unblock-us.com

excellent for US Netflix etc for $2 a month.
285 replies
Oct 3, 2012
18 posts
2 upvotes
Regina
ericw wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 5:08 pm
coupon code 50% off of the LIFETIME of your service package: 50OFF2013

PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and the HTTP Proxy

It also has DNS re-director Proxy - the same as usvideo.ca / unblock-us.com

excellent for US Netflix etc for $2 a month.
How does this service compare to Uno Telly? Does it provide the same service as Uno Telly for US Netflix or multiple Netflix services via Uno Telly's "Dynamo Enabled" servers? I am wondering how the would compare to UnoDNS Gold (+Bonus VPN) @ $4.99/month (on a yearly subscription I believe).

I am wondering what people think about this.
Dec 22, 2012
40 posts
3 upvotes
ty vagabond answers the question i would of asked. will keep looking for a good cheap vpn
Mar 8, 2004
626 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton
This seems risky as a VPN provider but as a DNS re directer it seems like a really good deal. Any reviews on it as a method to access US Netflix?
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
642 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I used them back in 2009 before I switched to strongvpn due to price. I got the coupon from them a few days ago and decided to give it a try.

I know about that article, but I am not using it for BT, so I am not too concerned. They do have servers in some EU and asian countries, to reduce your risk compared to US based vpn servers.

I currently set up their DNS server on my router. It is working perfectly for major US tv networks and netflix. I use their VPN concurrently on my phone over LTE. you can use both at the same time. but you cannot log in to VPN from 2 places at the same time without paying extra.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2072 posts
360 upvotes
Winnipeg
So how are they for us Netflix on the ps3 with the DNS? Any speed slowdown? How reliable. No interest for Vpn but I could use a cheap unblock us replacement.
---
:twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1138 posts
188 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Not buying this junk after reading the article, thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2072 posts
360 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought it and it works, I'm not worried about privacy because I'm just using it fkr netflix, nothing else, thx!
---
Jul 9, 2010
123 posts
15 upvotes
How fast is it? Do you notice any speed decrease when using this?
Nov 14, 2012
50 posts
12 upvotes
bman77 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 6:35 pm
I bought it and it works, I'm not worried about privacy because I'm just using it fkr netflix, nothing else, thx!
Yeah any information would be awesome! Xbox or Ps3 or Wii? Speeds? Clarity? What about through the computer?
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2072 posts
360 upvotes
Winnipeg
Damn, I'm asking for a refund, it worked for about 10 min then lagged out and wouldn't reconnect to netflix, it works fine with my canadian dns or a ***** trial though, this thing looks to be inconsistant off the bat. It was getting 9mbit out of a possible 20 btw.
---
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
642 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
R3@P3R wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 7:02 pm
How fast is it? Do you notice any speed decrease when using this?
http://www.hidemynet.com/network/

You can test urself. I get about 11Mbytes d/l, not bad. again, since i dont use BT with it, I dont really care too much.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
That article is truly disturbing. ***** this company, honestly..
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1485 posts
476 upvotes
I just subscribed, I tested Neflix on my Wii U, watching all movies instantly on Medium HD, Amazon Instant Video also streaming HD, I don't have a Hulu Plus account to test that out but it is taking me to the US account login site.

All in all, I am quite happy with the streaming performance.

I am located in Montreal, Teksavvy IPv6 6Mbps and using their DNS Proxy service. They even have instruction for every console, PC, MAC and others... http://www.hidemynet.com/setup/

It's great that I don't need to VPN my entire WIFI/router with this setup which allows to change only specific local client, in my case, my Wii U.

I will test it out more tomorrow and the next few days, see if there is any performance drops.

As for the article, I don't really care, I just want USA streaming video streaming services, don't care for the rest. DNS Proxy is unencrypted anyways.
Good...Good...
× < >