• Mar 10th, 2014 3:09 pm
Tags:
Oct 16, 2007
275 posts
41 upvotes
Montr
hidemynet wrote:
Jan 19th, 2013 2:35 pm
You would want to use our DNS Proxy service. The DNS proxy does not proxy or vpn all connections or data streams; only those that are necessary for the websites. In most cases when using the dns proxy your computer connects directly to the stream server without going through our proxy. This means there is no slow down, the connection is only limited to how fast you can connect to the content servers for the website in question.
Is it possible to test it for a few days before having to buy the full year?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 11:04 am
Is it possible to test it for a few days before having to buy the full year?
We have no trial accounts, or method of offering trial accounts. But we do offer a 30 day refund guarantee. Just submit a support ticket to the refund request department and I will make sure it gets processed in 60 minutes or less.
Oct 16, 2007
275 posts
41 upvotes
Montr
hidemynet wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 11:17 am
We have no trial accounts, or method of offering trial accounts. But we do offer a 30 day refund guarantee. Just submit a support ticket to the refund request department and I will make sure it gets processed in 60 minutes or less.
To get the DNS proxy, i select the Basic VPN service?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 11:21 am
Correct, we just have one package, it includes all servers and vpn & proxy types.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 11:21 am
Correct, we just have one package, it includes all servers and vpn/proxy types.
Jan 3, 2008
851 posts
27 upvotes
If i buy HMN can I use WDTV live to access Netflix US?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1120 posts
69 upvotes
Can I use openvpn with merlin flashed asus N66U? Want to use the vpn on my router for all devices.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
busybe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 12:44 pm
Thanks
Yes, We support the WDTV on netflix, but do not have installation instructions on our site yet. If for whatever reason your device doesn't work. Just file a support ticket and I will work with you to fix the problems. I'm able to change the DNS information on fly. So all I need to do is monitor your network connectivity to our servers, and then apply patches when necessary to get things working.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 12:58 pm
Can I use openvpn with merlin flashed asus N66U? Want to use the vpn on my router for all devices.
I do not currently have any experience with this device. If you're looking to access content only (netflix, hulu, nhl, etc) the dns proxy will definitely provide you faster speeds. But if it is necessary to use a VPN, yes you can do it. However, we run the access server version instead of the community server version of OpenVPN. This means that our openvpn configuration files are .ovpn and not separate files for configuration and keys. If your device accepts .ovpn files, setup will be very easy and straight forward (just upload the file and plug in your username/password). If your router does not support the .ovpn file, you will need to break it down into its base elements (Configuration File, Certificate Authority File, Certificate File, Key file) and upload those different portions as necessary to your interface.

Are you just using DD-WRT/OpenWRT or does the asus firmware have its own built in openvpn client?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 1:26 pm
I'm using merlin modified flash for asus routers. Here is the website http://www.lostrealm.ca/tower/
http://www.andywee.com/pictures/openvpn2.png

You would need to download the client.ovpn file and break that file up copy and pasting the necessary sections to that interface.

We use TCP on port 443. Please let me know if you have trouble establishing a connection.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1120 posts
69 upvotes
hidemynet wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 2:05 pm
http://www.andywee.com/pictures/openvpn2.png

You would need to download the client.ovpn file and break that file up copy and pasting the necessary sections to that interface.

We use TCP on port 443. Please let me know if you have trouble establishing a connection.
Where do you download the client.ovpn?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3818 posts
26 upvotes
busybe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 12:44 pm
Thanks

If you need help with it let me know.... I set one up last night
Mar 21, 2008
289 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone tried both Unblock-us and Hidemynet?

I am currently on a trial with Unblock-us which works fine with Netflix, HULU and Gamecenter. Other then paying a few bucks less a month with this promo, what's the difference?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2950 posts
2895 upvotes
Montreal
hijacker wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 5:41 pm
Has anyone tried both Unblock-us and Hidemynet?

I am currently on a trial with Unblock-us which works fine with Netflix, HULU and Gamecenter. Other then paying a few bucks less a month with this promo, what's the difference?
I think it is a huge different because look like Unblock-us only give you the DNSProxy service while hidemynet plan has DNSProxy, VPN and HttpProxy. If any of the website you won't be able to bypass using DNSProxy, you might be able to by using VPN or HttpProxy. Sometime, if you want security trusted internet access you can tunnel your internet via VPN.

For me, any type of DNSProxy service they should kinda give it for free. I will refuse to pay $5 / month. Why? because DNSProxy doesn't cost them much, they don't have to provide huge amount of bandwidth for you. Only very small at beginning of connection use for DNS resolution. After that bandwidth direct from your provider to the source (Netflix, Hulu, etc...).

Compare to VPN, HttpProxy... all the bandwidth have to travel to HideMyNet then go to Netflix, Hulu, etc... HideMyNet will have to pay more for bandwidth...

It will be benefit for them if they support more DNSProxy for those stream websites around the world... Don't know if it will be easy for them to add more website for DNSProxy...

Free DNSProxy service

http://tunlr.net (not support Netflix nor NHL GameCenter)

http://proxydns.co (support Netflix, not yet support NHL GameCenter)
× < >