Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Coupons

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Netflix

hidemynet.com VPN / DNS Redirector proxy $24.50/year for life

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2014 3:09 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
Can you please add Vudu for PS3 to the list also..
thanks
Nov 9, 2002
601 posts
261 upvotes
hidemynet wrote: Once the website is configured to work with our DNS Proxy there would be no problem being able to watch through the NHL icon on your ATV.
Is there any idea of when NHL Game Center will work with DNS Proxy (when hidemynet will get it added) ?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
delavoie wrote: Can you please add Vudu for PS3 to the list also..
thanks
I have corrected the Vudu service. It should now work on PS3. Power cycle your device and attempt to connect.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
jtplayte wrote: Is there any idea of when NHL Game Center will work with DNS Proxy (when hidemynet will get it added) ?
I will just need to purchase the service, and get it configured to work on our end. We have a large list to get through at the moment and I'm starting with the most popular sites and working my way down. I would say not more than 2 months in an absolute worst case scenario, and as early as next month in a best case scenario.
Apr 5, 2003
319 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
hidemynet wrote: I will just need to purchase the service, and get it configured to work on our end. We have a large list to get through at the moment and I'm starting with the most popular sites and working my way down. I would say not more than 2 months in an absolute worst case scenario, and as early as next month in a best case scenario.
Given the NHL Season just starting and it seems a lot of interest from people regarding NHL GameCentre (nhl-gamecenter-live-up-49-99-cdn-short- ... 1287994/9/) and proxies, sooner rather than later might be an opportune time for your service... :)
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
kashirat wrote: Given the NHL Season just starting and it seems a lot of interest from people regarding NHL GameCentre (nhl-gamecenter-live-up-49-99-cdn-short- ... 1287994/9/) and proxies, sooner rather than later might be an opportune time for your service... :)
Sorry, I'm not in the sports loop. If that's the case I will do it today.

Edit:

I'm registered with NHL the service and will begin working on it now.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
wow.. how's that for service!
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
NHL was much easier than most media sites to get going.

I'm able to stream classic games (no live games available currently available, but the previews work) on OSX 10.8 and PC (7)

I was able to load various videos, stats, etc on the Android. (again, no live games to test)

I was having some problems with the system not recognizing I have an active account, but that may just be some weird bug because I just signed up. I would appreciate if any active customers could test this out and let me know what (if anything) is not working correctly.
Apr 5, 2003
319 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
hidemynet wrote: NHL was much easier than most media sites to get going.

I'm able to stream classic games (no live games available currently available, but the previews work) on OSX 10.8 and PC (7)

I was able to load various videos, stats, etc on the Android. (again, no live games to test)

I was having some problems with the system not recognizing I have an active account, but that may just be some weird bug because I just signed up. I would appreciate if any active customers could test this out and let me know what (if anything) is not working correctly.
Live games start on the 19th.. Will definitely be subscribing to watch starting the 19th!! In your experience, are there any particular issues streaming live games?
Aug 3, 2011
62 posts
55 upvotes
hidemynet wrote: NHL was much easier than most media sites to get going.

Will this work on the PS3?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
kashirat wrote: Live games start on the 19th.. Will definitely be subscribing to watch starting the 19th!! In your experience, are there any particular issues streaming live games?
This is the first time I've ever viewed NHL. I'm not sure what sort of experience you should expect. Please let me know how it goes.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
lisuhhh wrote: Will this work on the PS3?
I'm trying to test the PS3 and Xbox360 now, but I'm having some trouble linking my device to the account. The app loads and I can view all the data. But when I try to stream the game from 1/11 on the unit it tells me I need to link my PS3 to my gamecenter account. When I attempt to link it to my gamecenter account at the provided URL, I'm shown with a sign up form for the service I just paid for. I'm guessing that my account is not fully active or something. If it does not work on PS3 please let me know. I will test on xbox360 now, but I suspect it will be the same result (not being able to link the account so i can try to stream the game from 1/11).

Edit: I'm not even seeing an NHL app anywhere on the Xbox 360. I wonder if they haven't released the "2013" version of their app yet? I'm not sure what to make of it.

It's working on Apple TV
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
Confirmed: With regards to the PS3, they have not released this seasons app yet which is why it is not working. It will not be a problem to get it working (it should work right away) once the app has been released.

Confirmed: Xbox 360 app has not been released yet. Again, it will not be a problem to get this going once the app is released

Here is a reply from a user in the NHL Gamecenter Live thread.
king_ghidorah wrote: I emailed them yesterday with the same question, got this response about an hour ago:

The app you are accessing is last season's app and will not work. Our apologies for the confusion. The new app should be released soon. Until then, you can access your subscription via PC, Mac, android mobiles and tablets, iPad, iPhone, AppleTV and XBOX360. These will all be available for this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Thank You

NHL Support
Jan 11, 2004
381 posts
259 upvotes
What kind of speeds are you guys getting? I'm getting pretty slow speeds with the New York OpenVPN server (1.2Mbps, 90ms pings).

Hidemynet, is this generally the type of speed to expect?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
johnas wrote: What kind of speeds are you guys getting? I'm getting pretty slow speeds with the New York OpenVPN server (1.2Mbps, 90ms pings).

Depends on where you are and what your route to the server looks like. If you experience a bad connection to one, try another. All of our servers have different bandwidth carriers and you may have a better connection to one of the other 7 USA servers. We're running OpenVPN on tcp, not UDP, so our OpenVPN service is slower than others. Give L2TP/IPSec a try if you need security and speed.

What country are you connecting from?

Edit: Please let me know what your speed test results are for the NYC server while not connected to the vpn. You can view the speed test on our website at http://www.hidemynet.com/network/new_york_city_usa.html
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
johnas wrote: What kind of speeds are you guys getting? I'm getting pretty slow speeds with the New York OpenVPN server (1.2Mbps, 90ms pings).

I was connected to the NY server last night with PPTP and i was getting pretty slow speeds also.. didn't perform any speed test, just disconnected from it.
Will check it out again tonight.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
delavoie wrote: I was connected to the NY server last night with PPTP and i was getting pretty slow speeds also.. didn't perform any speed test, just disconnected from it.
Will check it out again tonight.
Please open a support ticket so I can get your IP address to use for testing/tracing purposes.
Jul 11, 2004
329 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, and thanks for the input hidemynet. Signed up and look forward to using this for NHLGC.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
hidemynet wrote: Clee: The hong kong bandwidth is far to expensive to be able to provide streaming level quality of bandwidth in HK. It's more just to provide low latency web access for users inside china. I do not expect that you would be able to stream content over it.
Thanks for your honest answer!
I still purchased the service to try out with some other of my services.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
hidemynet wrote: Please open a support ticket so I can get your IP address to use for testing/tracing purposes.
which one of your US server should be the fastest?