High Chair Recommendations - Limited Space

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 5:30 pm
[OP]
May 23, 2017
947 posts
364 upvotes

High Chair Recommendations - Limited Space

Baby due in April, so I am looking now for bits and Pieces. We bought an Ikea highchair for my parents house, but we want to get a better one for our place as we will be using it every day. We are in a condo so we are working with limited space and would obviously like a good deal.
Got that Zoomer account!
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1397 posts
657 upvotes
Would you consider a hook on high chair? We loved ours. We used ours for travel and when we went out, if you are limited for space they work well. You need to make sure you have a very study table.

Clip on high chair...
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1748 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
Similar situation as you - small breakfast room, i didn't want a standalone high chair.

I used the Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair and loved it :) - just strapped it onto one of our regular chairs ....used it for 2 kids from when they began eating (6 months old) until approx. 3 years each.

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_CA/bran ... hair-FFJ02
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8229 posts
872 upvotes
http://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?p ... d=69017856

Imo the best seat out there. It's cheap. It works.

We have 2. One stays at home, other is in the car for going out. The one at home stays on dinner table chair and both slide under the table fine. Height adjustable. All plastic so it's easy to wash. Tray goes in dishwasher. Doesn't take up extra space. No need to pay $100+ for extra furniture. Been thru 2 children just fine and about to go through another.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3572 posts
1147 upvotes
AB
The one I posted earlier was great for us. It can be used for many years by just changing the height of seat and leg supports. Initially used it with accessories, like this plastic baby tray:
Then later modified height and removed the tray...the child can go up and down easy without any help, very practical design. Used it for 6 years, then sold it for almost the original price, was still in excellent shape.
Nov 1, 2009
853 posts
227 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 3:59 pm
wow so many options. thanks guys. I was looking at this one, thought?

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... joovy-nook

Also thinking of going down to buffalo on the weekend and seeing what they have, baby stuff is so much cheaper there even with the exchange rate.
If you looking at that might as well look at idea's version.
high chair
Got one at home, some restaurants have these chair minus the tray.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1748 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
My parents have the Ikea one... it drives me crazy... it's got a very wide stance.. someone is always tripping over it. I also don't like the tray part.

It's fine for occasional use but I couldn't use it every day.
[OP]
May 23, 2017
947 posts
364 upvotes
jandumm wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 5:39 pm
My parents have the Ikea one... it drives me crazy... it's got a very wide stance.. someone is always tripping over it. I also don't like the tray part.

It's fine for occasional use but I couldn't use it every day.
yep I have the ikea one at my parents, taking the tray off is a total bitch
Got that Zoomer account!
Mar 27, 2011
592 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Stock R wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 12:59 pm

We have 2. One stays at home, other is in the car for going out. The one at home stays on dinner table chair and both slide under the table fine. Height adjustable. All plastic so it's easy to wash. Tray goes in dishwasher. Doesn't take up extra space. No need to pay $100+ for extra furniture. Been thru 2 children just fine and about to go through another.
Will this work with a chair such as the attached? I haven't seen it on cushioned chairs
Images
  • upload.jpg
Dec 12, 2005
377 posts
22 upvotes
Richmond
It should work as there is a strap that goes under the seat and over time the cushion of your chair will be flattened out. The booster seat has 2 straps to attached on the main chair, one to attach to the chair back and another to the seat.
Mar 27, 2011
592 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
ai_c wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:55 pm
It should work as there is a strap that goes under the seat and over time the cushion of your chair will be flattened out. The booster seat has 2 straps to attached on the main chair, one to attach to the chair back and another to the seat.
Thanks a lot! I think I will go with the recommendation (http://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?p ... d=69017856). This seems light, durable and well rated (even on babygearlab).
Jul 25, 2008
807 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
I also recommend this.

My 3 year old boy who doesn’t stay put in a regular chair is still using this.

I might get another one for my 8 month old daughter. They are easier to clean and uses existing chairs. I will probably sell my full high chair as she hates it. The only disadvantage to the recommended one is baby needs to know how to sit up. They usually go on sale for $25 so wait for that.
Stock R wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 12:59 pm

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)