• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 2:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1642 posts
655 upvotes

High quality PCBs for 5$ US with free DHL shipping

Anyone else here designing your own PCBs? I just created my first digital PCB design (using a free software KiCAD), and after some searching found a great place to manufacture PCBs fast and cheap:

http://www.allpcb.com/

They are based in China, and price-wise are comparable to similar Chinese PCB manufacturers (5$ US for ten 100x100mm dual layer boards). What really sets them apart is that since early November they were providing a free DHL shipping throughout the world. I just did my first order (5 pieces 100x100mm dual layer), and the manufacturing part only took 24 hours (over weekend), and the DHL shipping was only 35 hours (from the company to my doors) - pretty incredible! There were no additional charges from DHL. The customer service also seems to be good - they'd rather err on the side of being too cautious (I lost 2 days exchanging emails back and forth because they thought there was an issue with the silkscreen; at the end I told them to go ahead as is, and the boards had no issues).

These are high resolution scans of the boards I got - nice professional quality:

Imageallpcb.com PCB, back by First Last, on Flickr

Imageallpcb.com PCB, front by First Last, on Flickr

And here is the final product (3D scanner of my design):

Image3D scanner by First Last, on Flickr

The free DHL shipping is still available, though there is no guarantee it will last. Here is a discussion of this company on eevblog forum - many people tried and liked it:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/manufactu ... xpereince/
9 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4498 posts
1753 upvotes
pulsar123 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:08 pm
Anyone else here designing your own PCBs? I just created my first digital PCB design (using a free software KiCAD), and after some searching found a great place to manufacture PCBs fast and cheap:

http://www.allpcb.com/

They are based in China, and price-wise are comparable to similar Chinese PCB manufacturers (5$ US for ten 100x100mm dual layer boards). What really sets them apart is that since early November they were providing a free DHL shipping throughout the world. I just did my first order (5 pieces 100x100mm dual layer), and the manufacturing part only took 24 hours (over weekend), and the DHL shipping was only 35 hours (from the company to my doors) - pretty incredible! There were no additional charges from DHL. The customer service also seems to be good - they'd rather err on the side of being too cautious (I lost 2 days exchanging emails back and forth because they thought there was an issue with the silkscreen; at the end I told them to go ahead as is, and the boards had no issues).

These are high resolution scans of the boards I got - nice professional quality:

Imageallpcb.com PCB, back by First Last, on Flickr

Imageallpcb.com PCB, front by First Last, on Flickr

And here is the final product (3D scanner of my design):

Image3D scanner by First Last, on Flickr

The free DHL shipping is still available, though there is no guarantee it will last. Here is a discussion of this company on eevblog forum - many people tried and liked it:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/manufactu ... xpereince/
Very interesting!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3779 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
This is actually really timely / topical for me, as I am getting very tired of using proto-boards to wire up my Arduino and ESP-based projects. Will this company do simple part placement as well (simple resistors, capacitors, transistors etc.)?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6503 posts
910 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using iteadstudio and seeedstudio, shipping through a reliable service is like $30. I will give allpcb a try. TY OP for the post.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1642 posts
655 upvotes
Same here - I am getting a web exception. It's been working for me fine in the last 2 weeks.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10733 posts
4289 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
pulsar123 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 4:55 pm
Same here - I am getting a web exception. It's been working for me fine in the last 2 weeks.
It took a while but it came up fine for me just now.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6503 posts
910 upvotes
Toronto
Back in 2007 when I first started in electronics, to get a smallish PCB made was about $150 including shipping, hardware programmers/debuggers were in the $250 range. Then all of a sudden around 2010, $10 PCB places started to pop up and tech companies were tripping over themselves to sell you an eval kit with included programmer and debugger for $20.

Getting into electronics now is low cost and potentially high payout, an idea could easily turn into a sellable product. Get yourself a 3d printer to print out cases and write yourself a passable user manual and you could easily have yourself a nice little niche market to monetize.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Sep 13, 2008
143 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was looking for some board instead of using the prototype boards which are tedious to solder and run the wires through. Was it some kind of promotion at that time. I see around 20$ now for minimum 5 100x100. Looks like the DHL promotion is still going on. I'm not in a hurry, even if it comes through their slow ship, but at 20$ this falls similar to other options.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1642 posts
655 upvotes
Yup, they ran the promotion for ~2 months. I made 2 orders - one was 5x100x100 for 5$, second one (same 5x100x100) was already 15$, and now I see 23$. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.