• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2017 6:24 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2013
20 posts
5 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada

High quality usb charge cables at discount

Hey RFDers. I've been having trouble finding good quality micro USB charge cables 6' or higher. I've mostly been trying to get them off ebay which promise high speed charging and good quality, But unfortunately after waiting a few months they are slow charging and feel pretty light. Any strategies on finding long good quality cables? I still have a couple good 3' cables but find them too short. Thanks!!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2148 posts
703 upvotes
Burnaby
Anker all the way. Im using their 10' monster. Chucking away all my Aukey ones.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15483 posts
5792 upvotes
Oakville
I've been pretty happy with my Anker cables as well. Also worth looking at: AmazonBasics.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5019 posts
1320 upvotes
Aurora
Are you saying you notice significant differences in charge times with different USB cables? The wall adaptor (and the phone's fast charging capabilities determine speed of charging). eg, Samsung Adaptive Fast Chargers operate at 9 volts at 1.67 amps, whereas "normal" chargers usually top off at 5 volts at 2 amps, if I recall correctly.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3018 posts
1721 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I like PrimeCables as well. Had a cable die on me and they replaced it for me free of charge since they have lifetime warranty.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Jun 18, 2017
216 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
Be super careful if you're doing USB-C, there's apparently a whole bunch of cables that don't fit the specification as published and either A)can't do fast charge or B)will actually damage equipment they're plugged into. It's apparently so bad this guy named Benson Leung started keeping track of Amazon products that are in and out of spec in a spreadsheet:

https://plus.google.com/102612254593917 ... PJZT2g61Ag
That's my name...